ADVERTISEMENT

You’ve lost that Lovn’ Feeling

Reading the board and how much pure anger and hatred seen it makes one think we need free mental health care.

I can't keep up. I don't know if Goat or Stoll or NTP even bother anymore, but I just handed down a short vaycay for shit that was posted on Friday.

Of course, it was a conservative poster. I'm unduly harsh on them and libs get free rein.

I can't keep up. I don't know if Goat or Stoll or NTP even bother anymore, but I just handed down a short vaycay for shit that was posted on Friday.

Of course, it was a conservative poster. I'm unduly harsh on them and libs get free rein.

Who took care of that shit this morning?

I've been on here for a long, long time and don't recall something ever posted that extreme. Maybe it has and just gets cleaned up quickly. Still don't understand how that individual is still here

I've been on here for a long, long time and don't recall something ever posted that extreme. Maybe it has and just gets cleaned up quickly. Still don't understand how that individual is still here
Just don't scratch in public, no matter how bad you want to.

I took care of that sequence this morning. Same person was off the rails Friday in the Maine shooting thread. I'm still not through that one.

Reactions: twenty02
I've been on here for a long, long time and don't recall something ever posted that extreme. Maybe it has and just gets cleaned up quickly.

I suspect that's the case. If the board hasn't been overwhelmed I can usually catch shit quick before it gets widely viewed.

No one knows how much (or how little) modding goes on here, since you plebes can't see the deleted posts. Only time anyone notices is if one of theirs gets zapped and they get notified (I don't notify) or if they just see that one they saw or posted before is now gone.

I suspect that's the case. If the board hasn't been overwhelmed I can usually catch shit quick before it gets widely viewed.

No one knows how much (or how little) modding goes on here, since you plebes can't see the deleted posts. Only time anyone notices is if one of theirs gets zapped and they get notified (I don't notify) or if they just see that one they saw or posted before is now gone.
I was wondering if people get notified. I assumed so as people seem to complain often. So I guess people go back and look at their posts often?

I was wondering if people get notified. I assumed so as people seem to complain often. So I guess people go back and look at their posts often?

When a post is deleted the mod can chose to notify the poster. I hardly ever do. I've done it with a new person who violates the *tard rule, but that's about it. If I delete your post I usually have a good reason and I'm not going to argue about it.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
CoH and I have a semantic debate on the founding. I completely agree there had to be a compromise between slave holders and abolitionists. If those two groups can hold their nose and negotiate, Trump supporters and Biden supporters should be able to.
An interesting point about the long debate over slavery. As the debate is described in the history books I’ve read, the debate was always about slavery and various ways of compromise. The debate didn’t sink to personal attacks— at least as written . Nowadays, the debates usually are always about people and name-calling.

The latest and good example is Mike Johnson. Before he could take any official action as speaker, the liberal knives were out slicing him up over personal beliefs that likely won’t be part a policy debate.

Reactions: DANC
The north had terrible hatred, more directed at Irish and Germans due to their being more of them. The NY draft riot was because Irish believed emancipated slaves would move to NY and slide ahead of the Irish on the social stratification. We may have done away with titles, but everyone has a social order they were in based on their parentage.

I agree we should do better at accepting. But your arguments are always LIBERALS should be more accepting, conservatives are perfect the way they are. I agree 100% that many liberals have their issues, I am from a racist, redneck, Scotch-Irish background. I completely agree there are some liberals not accepting of poor Whites, all are lumped together. Heck, I agreed with Goat that I think MAGA as an adjective has become an insult and should be dropped here.

But when gays ask for acceptance, trans ask for acceptance, people who prefer "they" ask for acceptance, it isn't liberals slamming the door. I bet Cthulhu (the poster, not the deity) and I could hang and be good pals. At the same point, I can't figure out why he was offended he can't use "retard" (and assumed it was a liberal who complained about that word and "short bus"). In the interest of harmony, if a conservative finds a word offensive I am all in favor of dropping it (Drumf was dropped here). But I don't like it being a one way street (we couldn't say Drumf, but libtard is used daily).

If we want to have the world JLC was suggesting when he ordered the salute, it isn't only liberals who need to show respect the other way (and I fully realize they don't). That same respect has to come back to us libtards.

JLC's home is a great visit, I have been twice as he is a hero of mine. I literally drove from his home to Little Round Top.

Maybe we should tell Blacks to suck it up and respect monuments TO slavery. If we do that, maybe I should construct monuments to multiple pronouns as I am sure you would gladly accept them.
This is a great post, but by far my favorite part is where you drop a parenthetical to clarify that you could not hang and be good pals with an arch-evil, fictional deity. LOL. Nice.

• Haha
No they don't. Ironically, the only time I've been notified of deletions is by Bloom.

So my take on this, whether you agree or not, there are people in the country who feel that was part of their heritage. They were told that statue was going to get put into a museum. Instead it was taken out to an undisclosed location, melted down, and a high definition video of the melting down process was done. If they felt it would make people mad enough that they had to keep the location and business who did the melting down secret, why would they tape it and why would they release that video?

This was all done with the intent to rub those people's noses in it. Yay progressives. You're so forward thinking, you are so much better than everyone. You had to make sure everyone knew of your victory and rub your opponents faces in it.

The reason you see so much affinity between Islamists and Progressives on Palestine right now is because the same religious fervor backs each of them. It isn't enough that they win. Their superiority is so sacrosanct they feel it is their obligation to take what is important to their enemies and turn it into monuments of their conquest.

I am sure they convinced some borderline bigoted people to totally change their minds by releasing a video like that. Win those hearts and minds. Morons.
It’s voting season. The melting is up on deck to sell racial division for votes, again, right on schedule, just like last time. The removal of Confederate statues was just another item on the long list of the hate hustlers like Pelosi and Waters, who needed a scandal a day to keep Trump off balance and reactive. Black votes matter more than black lives.

As for the Palestine issue, I guess there are good people on both sides.

The match that lit the civil war was westward expansion.

You have bleeding Kansas and the fight over Oklahoma territory. The congress wouldn't allow slavery in New territories and the southerners lost their shit.
Once the Dred Scott decision said Congress could not confer constitutional rights on Black people, and could not outlaw slavery in the territories, or make laws freeing slaves on any other grounds, war was inevitable. It took away all potential bases’ for folks like Lincoln to ever use law to end slavery, absent constitutional revision, which was going to require war.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I always try not to measure late 1800s motives through current eyes. It’s virtually impossible for us modern citizens to accurately gauge the difficulties of freed slaves and defeated Southerners, as well as northern copperheads and white supremacists (of that day, not this day), to live together after the war.

Abolitionists and strong Unionists were seen as an existential threat for decades to Southerners. They first worried about being imprisoned. Then they worried about having all their property confiscated.

Very little about Reconstruction was capable of reuniting the people even if it reconstituted and reunited the civil governments.

Uneducated former slaves had no ability to do anything but try and sharecrop or get north and compete for unskilled labor. Even the Lincoln family had objected to having to compete with free labor before the war. Uneducated whites didn’t like competing for jobs after the war much either.

Gettysburg National Cemetery unintentionally created hard feelings because the federal government was not going to ever try and locate, bury or otherwise honor Confederate dead. Locating, burying and honoring the Confederate dead gave the south it’s first place to hang a “lost cause“ hat - who could object to widows and orphans out trying to honor and bury daddy? (If you know where to look, you can find graveyards of union dead scattered throughout the south, where freed slaves took it upon themselves to locate, bury and honor them.)

But today’s battles about Confederate memorials has much more to do with getting votes than any true concern about slavery or reconstruction. Virtue signaling all around. People act like they want to get rid of them on moral grounds, but it wasn’t really much of an issue until Trump came along. The statues themselves long ago lost any “lost cause” meaning - they became more of a way of giving driving directions than even honoring confederate dead. But all you had to do on this board to be called a white supremacist racist piece of shit was to say you agreed with Ph.D’s - some African American - who felt local committees should make decisions about what happened to local monuments, not the feds or street theatre protestors. That’s about as shallow of an issue that it really was.

Personally, I don’t give a damn about honoring any Secesh. But People who want to disrespect Lincoln, Grant, or Sherman ought be punched in the face hard before they go for their retraining at the camps.

And the Dream Team and The Squad Mods need to stop changing the subject of every thread. and then Emad, who’s proud of her, taking down the threat of banning somebody or go through a reeducation camp too. What the hell are you scared of?

EDITED TO RESTORE ORIGINAL MEANING OF PRIOR SENTENCE - “And the Dream Team and The Squad Mods need to stop changing the subject of every thread. And any mods who make (or take down) the threat of banning somebody - what the hell are you scared of?

i’m going to bed now. It’s late and I’m old, crotchety, surly and sleepy. I might e-race this whole thing tomorrow.

Last edited:
I swear thats ai. I saw it and was like no way she would post something like that. But as such it was interesting so...
Just watched Rishi Sunak and Elon have a fascinating conversation on the future of AI. I’m as anti-government as it gets but as AI develops exponentially I believe there will be a role for Government regulation. It’s important that our leaders have at least a baseline understanding and Rishi no doubt demonstrated that and more.

Who’s managing this coming technological wave stateside? It’s going to change the way we all live.

Reactions: Indianaftw
Just watched Rishi Sunak and Elon have a fascinating conversation on the future of AI. I’m as anti-government as it gets but as AI develops exponentially I believe there will be a role for Government regulation. It’s important that our leaders have at least a baseline understanding and Rishi no doubt demonstrated that and more.

Who’s managing this coming technological wave stateside? It’s going to change the way we all live.

Theres a difference btwn AI and not AI...I'll let the board decide ;) LOLOL

AI or Not...I guess she's a politician. I loved the comments. Someone said she singlehandedly nursed her nation back to health LMAO

Sony GIF by Bad Boys For Life

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT