ADVERTISEMENT

Witness history in real time...

facts that you seem to ignore

-He came to Washington DC specifically to lead the riot
-He was arrested for something else, just days before (violence vs. BLM protesters), so he wasn't there on Jan 6 merely because he was in custody
-People in his group followed through on his Jan 6 plan.
-The communications between him and the other Proud Boys, including riot planning, made it clear that he was a leader of insurrection planning
-His sentence is affected by the fact that he has two prior felony convictions, including a prior federal prison sentence

Are you in favor of giving twice-convicted felons a free pass for strike #3?
Please feel free to show your work where any other rioters have been given that harsh of a sentence. He was sentenced that harshly because the prosecutions and judge are biased people like you looking to get revenge on people you don't like.

Also, not related to this but while I have your attention:

You should change your handle to Missed Shot.

It's amazing what the party of law and order will defend when it is in the name of defending their proud boys and Trump.

During the summer of love, they wanted to claim every protestor was a rioting felon. now j6 is just a bunch of innocents caught up in the moment.
No, I didn't claim he was innocent. I claimed the sentence was excessive that is particularly true when weighed against the aforementioned summer of love.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Please feel free to show your work where any other rioters have been given that harsh of a sentence.
Did you miss the point about this being his THIRD felony conviction?

let me give you an example...

If I get caught speeding and causing an accident, maybe I get a big ticket.
If I get caught speeding and causing an accident AGAIN, maybe I lose my license and even do some time.
If I get caught speeding and causing an accident A THIRD TIME, what should happen?

It seems like you want to stand up and yell "he got caught speeding and causing an accident, so he should just get a big ticket, just like somebody else's first offense, even though it was his third offense".

And it was really more than a third strike for him, because in his second felony conviction, where he served time, he was convicted of at least 3 felonies all at the same time. IIRC, it was at least grand theft, larcency, and distribution of stolen goods across state lines.

No, I didn't claim he was innocent. I claimed the sentence was excessive that is particularly true when weighed against the aforementioned summer of love.

Maybe because the 2 crimes aren't comparable and as outside shooter has pointed out, it isn't his first felony either.

You summarize well. I think after exhausting his election issues in court, he had announced he was running in 2024, stopped commenting on democrats and quietly played golf and run his businesses not of these charges would have materialized.
Personally, I think I agree that the Georgia and Jan. 6th ones wouldn't have been pushed if Trump had the good sense to just fade away.
The documents case is more cut-and-dry though and is particular to actions that he took after he had already left office.

Personally, I think I agree that the Georgia and Jan. 6th ones wouldn't have been pushed if Trump had the good sense to just fade away.
The documents case is more cut-and-dry though and is particular to actions that he took after he had already left office.

So you think they would have stopped an already ongoing investigation if Trump hadn't announced?

Please feel free to show your work where any other rioters have been given that harsh of a sentence. He was sentenced that harshly because the prosecutions and judge are biased people like you looking to get revenge on people you don't like.

Also, not related to this but while I have your attention:

You should change your handle to Missed Shot.
Please show me in past history where people were arrested for trying to overthrow the government and then we can check sentences. Rand Paul…lol

Reactions: IU_Hickory
So you think they would have stopped an already ongoing investigation if Trump hadn't announced?
I think there might be some distinction here between "announced" and "decided to run". For all intents and purposes, Trump began his 2024 run on January 21st of 2021. He didn't officially announce until later, but he was already attending rallies, taking donations, and in general "campaigning". His intention to run has NEVER been in doubt.
So yes, I believe that if Trump had not immediately made his future intentions known, I suspect the Jan. 6th and Georgia investigations would not have been pursued nearly as strongly. It's kinda the same way with the documents case. If he had simply returned all of the classified docs when first asked, I can almost guarantee that no charges would have been forthcoming (isn't that the logic that Democrats use as a distinction as to why Biden is not being pursued about his errant classified docs?). Instead, Trump acted in his usual childish need to always win, and here we are.....

I think there might be some distinction here between "announced" and "decided to run". For all intents and purposes, Trump began his 2024 run on January 21st of 2021. He didn't officially announce until later, but he was already attending rallies, taking donations, and in general "campaigning". His intention to run has NEVER been in doubt.
So yes, I believe that if Trump had not immediately made his future intentions known, I suspect the Jan. 6th and Georgia investigations would not have been pursued nearly as strongly. It's kinda the same way with the documents case. If he had simply returned all of the classified docs when first asked, I can almost guarantee that no charges would have been forthcoming (isn't that the logic that Democrats use as a distinction as to why Biden is not being pursued about his errant classified docs?). Instead, Trump acted in his usual childish need to always win, and here we are.....

No one is debating if trump had returned the documents when asked then they wouldn't be pursuing charges. But he didn't do that.

If Trump hadn't tried to illegally interfere in the Georgia election, then he wouldn't be facing charges. But he did do that. A Republican recorded that phone call and reported it the authorities. It's not like he sat on the audio recording to see what Trump was going to do.

We can pretend that he wouldn't be facing these charges if he wasn't running for re-election but there is absolutely no evidence that supports that conclusion.

I think Biden and democrats would want Trump to be the nomination for the GOP. So it makes no sense politically to try to get him out of the race because anyone else would likely be a harder election to win. And pretending this is all politics kind of ignores that Brad is a republican.

Last edited:
It's not excessive. He was a (the?) ringleader with priors. He's lucky it wasn't more.

I tried to tell you guys this in the other thread. Feds don't f around. These crimes were all hanging offenses a couple of generations ago. Tarrio should consider himself damn fortunate he's scheduled to get out of prison before he dies.

So you know the severity of the sentences of the 14,000+ people arrested during the Floyd Protests? Or are you just talking out of your ass..

The summer of love was in the 60s... quit using stupid shit.

Another right wing talking point void of reality, to claim that no one involved in BLM protests was ever punished...

This guy (From Indy) wasn't part of any organized conspiracy (like the Proud Boys) to overthrow the Govt, and he still got 10 yrs for his personal actions in Portland in 2020...

I've never been surprised less by this forum.

I stand corrected!
I am not following. What did I do wrong in the jury selection? Every time I’ve been called, I disclose any relationships with participants. I’ve had professional relationships with many of the judges, prosecutors and lawyers in a couple counties.

A judge many years ago chewed my ass out when I said prosecutor was my friend and client. She said I was intentionally trying to get booted. Pissed me off. I asked her if she preferred I lied. That pissed her off. The prosecutor was laughing under his breath and defense council kinda smiled and asked I be dismissed.

It's not excessive. He was a (the?) ringleader with priors. He's lucky it wasn't more.

I tried to tell you guys this in the other thread. Feds don't f around. These crimes were all hanging offenses a couple of generations ago. Tarrio should consider himself damn fortunate he's scheduled to get out of prison before he dies.
Feds f-around all the time.

The (death) sentence against Osama Bin Laden was political. The guy who got a bullet to the head wasn't even at the twin towers but he is a member of a disfavored group to the current people in charge. No matter how distasteful he may be, that (death) sentence is a joke.

(This post is a creation of pure sarcasm and does not represent the views of the author or any rational human being)

• Love
Reactions: outside shooter
They're amazing dogs!

8a36ec3ce4b4a92dd314ea2c944f7dea51912a94110bf022441ee6cc86f0cc4f_1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
They're amazing dogs!

the large proliferation of pit bulls and other aggressive and large dogs is a classic case of unintended consequences with collateral damage from idiotic poorly thought out policies that end up having the opposite effect as intended.

i was lucky enough to live much of my life before universal leash laws.

in Btown, i think the guideline was 35 lbs and under, other than aggressive breeds like a pit, and your dog could run freely and not be a prisoner their entire life.

so the overwhelming vast majority of dog owners just went with smaller dogs and non aggressive breeds, so they could just let their dog out the front door when it had to go or just wanted to go outside.

almost no one owned pits then, because people didn't want the 100 times greater hassle of dog ownership if you had a large dog or aggressive breed.

you had only a small fraction of serious dog/man altercations then, because people who didn't have fenced in yards didn't get large dogs or aggressive breeds, for the obvious reason that dog ownership was 100 times easier if you didn't have to walk your dog X times a day even when it's 5 degrees out, and life was so infinitely much more fun for the dog too if it wasn't caged in house or on a leash it's whole life.

the instant everyone had to leash their dog regardless of size or breed and walk their dog every time it had to go, people almost immediately started going with larger dogs and more aggressive breeds since the obvious and huge ownership advantage of a smaller dog and non aggressive breed was totally eliminated by the idiocracy, and the number of serious dog/man encounters went up many times and were many times more serious, than when dogs were allowed to run.

want to stop serious dog/man encounters, just go back to giving dog owners a gigantic incentive not to have big dogs and aggressive breeds.

i lived in both the universal leash law universe, and in the universe where smaller dogs of non aggressive breeds could run their yard and street freely, and the run freely universe had literally a very very small fraction of serious incidents, just because everyone was incentivized to have smaller dogs and stay away from breeds like pits..

and besides the far far fewer serious incidents then, it was also 100 times better for both dog owners and dogs.

leash laws outside large metro downtowns have been a complete and total disaster, and had the exact opposite effect as intended to boot.

pitbulls are just more likely to have shitty owners. Rottweilers and Dobermans were the scary dogs 40 year ago. same situation. any big dog will wreck your day if it's mental and has a shitty owner. pits are for sure people- and dog-triggered more than some other breeds but a well taken care of one is amazing. total people pleasers. my SIL's pitbull is a gooey ball of love.

You all ready to be uncomfortable? Maybe the problem goes deeper than breed. Maybe having pets at all is just wrong.

pitbulls are just more likely to have shitty owners. Rottweilers and Dobermans were the scary dogs 40 year ago. same situation. any big dog will wreck your day if it's mental and has a shitty owner. pits are for sure people- and dog-triggered more than some other breeds but a well taken care of one is amazing. total people pleasers. my SIL's pitbull is a gooey ball of love.

the level of fundamental aggression in those dogs goes far beyond poor pet ownership. They account for such a massive disproportionate amount of severe and fatal attacks.

That doesn’t mean they are all monsters. But too many are.

You all ready to be uncomfortable? Maybe the problem goes deeper than breed. Maybe having pets at all is just wrong.

ryan-stiles-middle-finger.gif

I heard that the other day during my rounds.

Giving people like that air time is what gives NPR a bad name.

• Love
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT