ADVERTISEMENT

With Bidunga Out Of The Picture, We Should Look At Kellen Pickett

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
6'8" F/C who averaged 14 PPG 8 RPG as a Sophomore for this year's 2A State Champions Fort Wayne Blackhawk. Has an offer from UCF and was a guest for the game against Purdue in February

Not sure the two have much to do with each other? Bidunga is a definite 1 and done, 2024 guy. Pickett is a multi year 2025 kid.

But if I'm Woody, I definitely keep in close contact with Pickett. Guys like Harelson and Sisley should be a higher priority, but Pickett would compliment both of them well.

Its going to be interesting seeing how the 25' kids in Indiana develop.

6'8" F/C who averaged 14 PPG 8 RPG as a Sophomore for this year's 2A State Champions Fort Wayne Blackhawk. Has an offer from UCF and was a guest for the game against Purdue in February

So what happened with Flory? After multiple trips to IU, being close with Cupps, things were looking positive I thought!

So what happened with Flory? After multiple trips to IU, being close with Cupps, things were looking positive I thought!
Not sure? The obvious answer is what we were offering wasn't as attractive as what his finalists are offering. NIL, playing style, playing time, NBA development plan...whatever is driving his decision, there were a few programs he saw as a better fit.

I think Kansas or Duke are the ones here. And if I'm betting, I go with Kansas...if for no other reason, than his history playing on the Adidas circuit.

Reactions: Bill4411

Different year of recruit and positions.

Pretty sure he negotiated something for 2 years. NIL is perfect for him. He can make more in college than overseas and he’s not going to the nba.
Hadn't thought of that. Duke might then make more sense. Bidunga seems like a nice kid...kinda doubt he'd want to play with Dickinson.

I thought the same thing. My money's on Duke. After his visit to Durham he shut down the recruiting visits.
Yeah, I just assumed after Kansas got involved, Adidas would push him there. Shoe companies aren't quite as influential as they were pre NIL, but they still play a role.

Wouldn't think our recruiting depth chart goes from consensus top 10 to possible 3 star. I hope we're always keeping irons in the fire with IN kids like Pickett, but I don't think missing on FB pushes him much higher up the list.

So, supposedly Flory is officially announcing a commitment tomorrow! Incase he would happen to read these threads, I’ll post a little inspiration for him to consider IU…

4f97f4af084d06b28e7c5a348498cde4.jpg

Not sure the two have much to do with each other? Bidunga is a definite 1 and done, 2024 guy. Pickett is a multi year 2025 kid.

But if I'm Woody, I definitely keep in close contact with Pickett. Guys like Harelson and Sisley should be a higher priority, but Pickett would compliment both of them well.

Its going to be interesting seeing how the 25' kids in Indiana develop.
Bidunga is a 1 and done? Isn’t he extremely raw?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Crystal balls to Auburn.

Seems like that opens a slight window for a future transfer back to good ol IU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT