ADVERTISEMENT

With 3 added via portal and decommit, are we now better than last year?

Yes, definitely, especially at the guard position. Plus, with the addition of Ballo and the likely improvement of Mgbako and Reneau there is zero reason why IU should not comfortably make the tournament.
I agree. And we should win 2 games at least. If Woodson cannot take millions in NIL and build a really good team, then he simply needs to go.

You don’t think our perimeter play will be better?
Depends…
Rice is probably better than Cupps/X from 3
Galloway/Caryle—-similar numbers
MM- volume should go up
MR- similar numbers
Ballou - Won’t shoot any, Ware volume gone here.

One thing is for sure..we will be better at the PG position and we need some bumps from MM and Galloway/Caryle for us to be a good shooting team

Reactions: Hatchets7times
I like Carlyle because he has 3 years of eligibility left. That could be huge going forward. Nothing wrong with getting them both.
We won’t get both. These guys are going to transfer to a place they play. Conwell has 2 years left. I prefer Conwell, Indiana kid and can shoot.

Going off what I read on twitter we are going to miss the tournament again next year. I don’t know if that excuses Woodson or not.

Going off what I read on twitter we are going to miss the tournament again next year. I don’t know if that excuses Woodson or not.
Zero excuse to miss the tourney next year. That should be guaranteed termination. We had better not only make it, but make the S16. Anything less, and he risks termination. If he makes it, then gets slaughtered in the first or second game, it should be the end of the experiment.

Zero excuse to miss the tourney next year. That should be guaranteed termination. We had better not only make it, but make the S16. Anything less, and he risks termination. If he makes it, then gets slaughtered in the first or second game, it should be the end of the experiment.
tough crowd....lol . I agree sweet 16

• Haha
Reactions: rocketo
Talent yes.

We won't be able to guard the perimeter and we'll have nearly 500lbs in the paint that combined shoot just over 50% from the line. One is foul prone and the other goes 25mpg.

I think we're 3 games better.

Wood Carlyle be an upgrade over Galloway? Neither are shooters and similar PPG last year
Carlyle was a freshman. He was very good his first year and has a lot of room to get way better. Having both him and Galloway makes the team that much stronger.

Reactions: Willdog7
Depends…
Rice is probably better than Cupps/X from 3
Galloway/Caryle—-similar numbers
MM- volume should go up
MR- similar numbers
Ballou - Won’t shoot any, Ware volume gone here.

One thing is for sure..we will be better at the PG position and we need some bumps from MM and Galloway/Caryle for us to be a good shooting team
On that Carlyle/Trey comparison. Guys do improve year over year. Yogi wasn't much of a shooter his first year, but got a lot better going forward. And please work on that "Carlyle" spelling.😉

Yeah. MM could be seriously good next year if he steps it up in the off-season and makes good progress throughout the regular season. Come tourney time, he could be fire. He was our best shooter as a freshman and might be again regardless of who we bring in. And his drives to the hoop improved tremendously last year. Just more strength and explosiveness would be huge for him there.
yea but he badly needs to improve his ball handling.

On that Carlyle/Trey comparison. Guys do improve year over year. Yogi wasn't much of a shooter his first year, but got a lot better going forward. And please work on that "Carlyle" spelling.😉
that's how Daily Hoosier spells his name Carlyle

Only time will tell, Next year is HUGE for Woodson (an understatement)
Sweet sixeteen should be the minimum requirement in year four with a loaded roster. Also top three in big ten. He will once again have more five star players than anyone else in the league. Crean made the sweet sixeteen in year four and he started with zero players. Woodson started off in a way better position.

I will make that determination after playing the cupcake part of the schedule. If they struggle again, CMW should be fired

Sweet sixeteen should be the minimum requirement in year four with a loaded roster. Also top three in big ten. He will once again have more five star players than anyone else in the league. Crean made the sweet sixeteen in year four and he started with zero players. Woodson started off in a way better position.
Yea. This team is loaded with talent, much of it with college experience.

Our spend on players and program (including the coach) is all top-10 in the country. The results should reflect that.

We should be in the top part of the conference and doing something in the tourney (as in a S16). And if we don't, we'll see what the admin and donors think.

As we sit right now...I'll say probably similar. Better if Rice and Tucker end up being as good or better than expected. Maybe not as good if not. How they all fit together, obviously, will determine a lot. And the more starter level perimeter players we sign, that are able to complement and cover weaknesses, the better we'll be. Carlyle or Conwell would be huge. Brea would be huge, Essegian would probably help. Backup defensive oriented big would help.

We need versatile guys that can defend multiple positions. And then obviously shooters. It'd be great if any of the new guys can provide all those things themselves.
Assuming we get Carlyle and he gets at least a shooter and frontcourt depth/bench with 2 more spots, I think this team is much better and way more well constructed. I know some don't like Ballo, but honestly I think he's too good not to take. Tucker sounds like he an play the wing and we have Newton back. Seems like a real backcourt with depth and Ballo and Reneau are two likely all B10 types and project as the best frontcourt in the conference and one of the best in the country.

Even though Ballo and Reanu both score mostly in the post, I think it might be a better pairing because it leaves the perimeter more open to Reneau and clarifies their roles. I think Reneau and Ware both wanted to play the same way on offense which made less of a good fit.

Talent yes.

We won't be able to guard the perimeter and we'll have nearly 500lbs in the paint that combined shoot just over 50% from the line. One is foul prone and the other goes 25mpg.

I think we're 3 games better.
That would get us a new coach, for sure.

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT