ADVERTISEMENT

When those that are correct are silenced

If he comes back, I'm sure he'll do it under @Noodle . It's a crying shame we could be losing one of the best people we have here under these circumstances.
"Best people" according to whom?

Political agreement does not make one a "best person".

He's arrogant and a know-it-all. He won't be missed, except by similar posters.

If you want to watch someone spontaneously combust, bring up the USWNT in your first post in the soccer thread and tag @mcmurtry66 . Just make sure there's nothing extremely flammable nearby. :>)
They do know how to party.

She’s a mess. I feel sorry for her. She’s still the goalie a whole generation of girl keepers look up to
One of the hot ones. Yeah, I shouldn't have made fun of her when that crazy purple-haired lesbian (NTTAWWT) has so much material to provide.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
"Best people" according to whom?

Political agreement does not make one a "best person".

He's arrogant and a know-it-all. He won't be missed, except by similar posters.
Noodle is good people. His politics have nothing to do with it.

Noodle is good people. His politics have nothing to do with it.
If you don’t know him personally Bulk thinks you’re stupid, you don’t really know him. Unless of course he’s a total hypocrite & only directs that at one side.

FTR, I agree Noodle seems ok, even if he is a Boiler & wrong about virtually everything.

If you don’t know him personally Bulk thinks you’re stupid, you don’t really know him. Unless of course he’s a total hypocrite & only directs that at one side.

FTR, I agree Noodle seems ok, even if he is a Boiler & wrong about virtually everything.
Yes, Bulk thinks I'm stupid. So what else is new?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

I must have missed your reply to my post showing you someone who did, in fact, accuse China of releasing Covid for the purpose of making sure Trump was defeated in 2020. You know...the thing that you said you had never seen. I guess this is your way of expressing your outrage.

I'm not sure I get your message in the post above. Did I say that people I don't know personally are stupid?

Last edited:
You have to understand that most of that panic was driven by nurses. An undeserved sense of of self importance couple with constant bitch, moaning and complaining about having to deal with sick/ hurt people all day is part of nurses job description in my experience.

The “HOSPITAL CAPACITY!!!!” argument was a red herring and almost entirely overblown nonsense.
Oh really? And you know this how? Actually my main sources were doctors and two hospital administrators. But yes, blame it on those entitled, whining nurses.

I must have missed your reply to my post showing you someone who did, in fact, accuse China of releasing Covid for the purpose of making sure Trump was defeated in 2020. You know...the thing that you said you had never seen. I guess this is your way of expressing your outrage,
Anyway, your post above is a whiney attempt at being an asshole, which, coincidentally, comes off as stupid.
Do better.
I was responding to you anointing certain posters as spokespersons for whatever you were blathering about. Try to keep up. I’ve abandoned all hope that you can do better & won‘t make any such request for you. I am doing better, with those that deserve it…🙂

I was responding to you anointing certain posters as spokespersons for whatever you were blathering about. Try to keep up. I’ve abandoned all hope that you can do better & won‘t make any such request for you. I am doing better, with those that deserve it…🙂
Damn, you quoted my post as I was editing it. I tried to get rid of anything that might get me banned. Now, it's there for the whole world to see.

You really need to learn how to read, though. I never anointed anyone as anything.
Any response to my first sentence above?

The title of this thread puts me in the mind of th Free Cray Thread.

You better get this message to Crawdad, then. He is increasingly becoming the conservative voice on this board...along with DANC, indianawtf, etc.
Hmmm. If you are asking me to respond to the claim that China released COVId to get rid of Trump, I’ll leave it to you & Cosmic to spend your time focusing on fringe theories & conspiracies. That’s not what I claimed to have never seen, it was that I had not seen anyone claim to be the voice of conservatives in spite of your efforts to anoint a few posters as such. Get over yourself & move on….

Im sorry…. Are you considering the lab leak theory as factual?

Are you considering it to be any less likely than naturally occurring from the wet market?

No one can honestly claim that it's anywhere close to settled. Hell, it's only been determined in the last few years that the Spanish Flu most likely originated on a pig farm in Kansas (or was it Nebraska?).

Nevertheless, there are lot of people who seem to be highly invested in which origin story is correct, and those opinions seem to align closely with their politics. That's what will make getting to the truth that much more difficult.

Last edited:
I should have specified.
That wing, though, is wielding considerable influence though, you have to admit.

It's interesting if not disturbing.

It's seems pretty obvious that current Republican leaders have very little influence in the party now. It seems to be coming from the ground up and from right wing opinion leaders on tv.

That's been evident many times but as an example see Ted Cruz after Jan 6th called it a terrorist attack....then had to grovel to Tucker Carlson, who 'put him in his place' and since then has been back on the Maga express.

Lindsey Graham says 'it was a hell of a ride but we're done'. Then he gets ambushed by 'Patriots' and screamed at by OAN....then starts groveling back.

I used to think the party turned to Trump for the obvious reason that he was resonating with people who weren't politically active.

I think I was wrong.

The train is now driven by guys like Tucker and the base, as they are in this crazy echo chamber. Tucker scares the hell out of the base, the base intimidates the political leaders, the Republican political leaders are just trying not to get chopped.

Funny thing is, that's how it's supposed to work (well minus the power and influence of right wing media personalities).

So yeah, while I appreciate the conservative perspective of guys like Aloha, Ranger and Twenty....I don't think they have much power in this current iteration.

The hard core Maga guys have the party by it's nuts.

Funny thing is, that's how it's supposed to work (well minus the power and influence of right wing media personalities).
Much like the Founders could never have envisioned a gun like an AR-15 or the fetishization of same, I'm certain they couldn't have imagined the media empires we have now. They would be aghast.

Eisenhower warned of the MIC and he was right. Somebody needs to begin warning of the new boogeyman, the MEC, Media and Entertainment Complex. And no, the right wring media warning of the media's overreach ain't the answer. They are part of the problem.

Much like the Founders could never have envisioned a gun like an AR-15 or the fetishization of same, I'm certain they couldn't have imagined the media empires we have now. They would be aghast.

Eisenhower warned of the MIC and he was right. Somebody needs to begin warning of the new boogeyman, the MEC, Media and Entertainment Complex. And no, the right wring media warning of the media's overreach ain't the answer. They are part of the problem.
I think many conservatives would chuckle at the notion that the MEC is new. They’ve been complaining about liberal bias in it for decades.

As for the media having outsized influence, I think you can track all the bad things going on to the internet and social media. (Re Tucker, compare his viewership to Cronkite’s in the 60s or 70s.)

We’ve democratized or decredentialed who we get “news” from, as a society. I think we are seeing the trade offs from that in this phenomenon.

Can’t leave. World Cup is less than 3 weeks away. You’re an approved poster in an invitation only thread
How do I get an invite?

I never played, but did coach until they were 7 when the all knew more than me.

I (kinda) watched the last IU game v MD on BTN.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
It's interesting if not disturbing.

It's seems pretty obvious that current Republican leaders have very little influence in the party now. It seems to be coming from the ground up and from right wing opinion leaders on tv.

That's been evident many times but as an example see Ted Cruz after Jan 6th called it a terrorist attack....then had to grovel to Tucker Carlson, who 'put him in his place' and since then has been back on the Maga express.

Lindsey Graham says 'it was a hell of a ride but we're done'. Then he gets ambushed by 'Patriots' and screamed at by OAN....then starts groveling back.

I used to think the party turned to Trump for the obvious reason that he was resonating with people who weren't politically active.

I think I was wrong.

The train is now driven by guys like Tucker and the base, as they are in this crazy echo chamber. Tucker scares the hell out of the base, the base intimidates the political leaders, the Republican political leaders are just trying not to get chopped.

So yeah, while I appreciate the conservative perspective of guys like Aloha, Ranger and Twenty....I don't think they have much power in this current iteration.

The hard core Maga guys have the party by it's nuts.
Here’s what I don’t get. You, with a obvious degree of smuggary, claim many in the GOP are taken in by Trump cult. You even define your level of appreciation of the conservative perspective based on whether said conservative rejects Trump. You are consumed with Trump. You are obviously more cultish about Trump than I and millions of others are. Listening to you lecture anybody about Trump or conservatives is like a vegan lecturing me about a good burger.

Here’s what I don’t get. You, with a obvious degree of smuggary, claim many in the GOP are taken in by Trump cult. You even define your level of appreciation of the conservative perspective based on whether said conservative rejects Trump. You are consumed with Trump. You are obviously more cultish about Trump than I and millions of others are. Listening to you lecture anybody about Trump or conservatives is like a vegan lecturing me about a good burger.
Pathetic. You opining about what is important to conservatives is like a vegan lecturing us about what is important in grilling a hamburger. .

Someone has a favorite simile.

I think many conservatives would chuckle at the notion that the MEC is new. They’ve been complaining about liberal bias in it for decades.

As for the media having outsized influence, I think you can track all the bad things going on to the internet and social media. (Re Tucker, compare his viewership to Cronkite’s in the 60s or 70s.)

We’ve democratized or decredentialed who we get “news” from, as a society. I think we are seeing the trade offs from that in this phenomenon.
I think the media indeed has an outsized influence about where we are today. That influence was the medias total failure of holding Democrats to account, and worse, providing cover for their several errors and shortcomings.

The examples are many and I won’t repeat them agin. Nothing can be investigated or reported that might be critical of the Democrat/left agenda. That failure to hold the left to account has led to left irresponsibility at the border, in cities, and in the justice system. Many places in the USA are like the third world. The lack of scrutiny and accountability has hurt the Democrats and it has hurt the country.

Last edited:
Here's what I don't get. You've been triggered by a perspective that is hardly far-fetched. And, contrary to your bizarre interpretation that his post reflects obsession with Trump, he's actually arguing that Trump has become almost incidental to the larger MAGA movement and what's driving it.

Nobody's getting lectured, old man. Like one of your biggest admirers here who's a 24/7 poster, you can't seem to handle a difference of opinion. Ironic that that's reflected in a thread that's nominally about silencing dissenters.

And it's "smuggery," with an "e."

I think the issue is that "MAGA" to most of you guys just means, "political viewpoints I don't like".

Define it beyond "Voted for Trump" or "Supported Trump". It is a meaningless epithet.

I think the issue is that "MAGA" to most of you guys just means, "political viewpoints I don't like".

Define it beyond "Voted for Trump" or "Supported Trump". It is a meaningless epithet.
Is there a difference between a MAGA supporter and a Trumper?

Here's what I don't get. You've been triggered by a perspective that is hardly far-fetched. And, contrary to your bizarre interpretation that his post reflects obsession with Trump, he's actually arguing that Trump has become almost incidental to the larger MAGA movement and what's driving it.

Nobody's getting lectured, old man. Like one of your biggest admirers here who's a 24/7 poster, you can't seem to handle a difference of opinion. Ironic that that's reflected in a thread that's nominally about silencing dissenters.

And it's "smuggery," with an "e."
1. I don’t know what ‘triggered” even means when one visits a board intended to explore disagreements.

2. I don’t think the specific reference to three anti-trump conservatives was about Tucker.

3. I like to explore disagreement as much as anybody. . But we agree about me being an old man. If you think that is determinative you got nuthin’.

4. Thanks for the spellcheck. A smuggist would say that. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT