ADVERTISEMENT

What percentage of Republicans are paranoid schizophrenics?

Please explain.
He didn't do this to "monitor possible military takeover of Texas" Cmon, you're smarter than that. He's doing this to appease his wingnut constituents. In fact, that's what he said it was for. Pandering? Sure. But the headline portrays something very different.

He didn't do this to "monitor possible military takeover of Texas" Cmon, you're smarter than that. He's doing this to appease his wingnut constituents. In fact, that's what he said it was for. Pandering? Sure. But the headline portrays something very different.
I was pretty clear about what I think. But Abbott is officially taking a ludicrous threat seriously, and that's nuts, no matter how you parse the headline. Hoops' point is correct. You're just quibbling.

good grief the only threat he's taking seriously is that he might tick off some constituends if he doesn't do something.
Unlike you, I don't claim to know what Abbott subjectively believes. I infer only that, whatever he believes, he's decided to pander to politically powerful Republican wingnuts. Also unlike you, I don't scoff at the political necessity for ostensibly mainstream Republican politicians to take crazy ideas seriously because they have to at least pretend to be crazy to stay in office. This, to put it mildly, is unlikely to lead to optimal policy responses.

I'm being honest. Clearly, Texas Governor Greg Abbott is one...but a guy can't act or get elected on his own. Isn't it embarrassing to be in the same camp as someone who is mobilizing the State Guard to monitor U.S. Military training exercises because he believes the simulation might actually be a "hostile military takeover" of the State of Texas?

How crazy is this person? How crazy are these people?

One second the military can't be doubted...no matter what they do...the next, they're going to invade Texas!!! How do they know the State Guard can be trusted. It's another government entity? Who can actually be trusted? These people are TOTAL lunatics.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/texas-governor-abbott-orders-national-guard-military-takeover
Rafael Cruz is feeding into the whole thing now. He's been assured it's a military exercise, but says he understands concerns because you just can't trust this administration. So, just to review.
1) It's a military exercise
2) You can't trust them
Translation
1) I'll pretend to be sane
2) I'll keep the batshit crazy happy

Reactions: DrHoops
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT