ADVERTISEMENT

What percentage of Republicans are paranoid schizophrenics?

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
I'm being honest. Clearly, Texas Governor Greg Abbott is one...but a guy can't act or get elected on his own. Isn't it embarrassing to be in the same camp as someone who is mobilizing the State Guard to monitor U.S. Military training exercises because he believes the simulation might actually be a "hostile military takeover" of the State of Texas?

How crazy is this person? How crazy are these people?

One second the military can't be doubted...no matter what they do...the next, they're going to invade Texas!!! How do they know the State Guard can be trusted. It's another government entity? Who can actually be trusted? These people are TOTAL lunatics.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/texas-governor-abbott-orders-national-guard-military-takeover

Last edited:
I've never seen Republicans burn their own city to the ground. So there's that.
Um. Wow! How exactly do you know what political party people rioting are? Have you done a survey? I honestly haven't seen that question asked, so just interested on where you got your data.

I'm being honest. Clearly, Texas Governor Greg Abbott is one...but a guy can't act or get elected on his own. Isn't it embarrassing to be in the same camp as someone who is mobilizing the State Guard to monitor U.S. Military training exercises because he believes the simulation might actually be a "hostile military takeover" of the State of Texas?

How crazy is this person? How crazy are these people?

One second the military can't be doubted...no matter what they do...the next, they're going to invade Texas!!! How do they know the State Guard can be trusted. It's another government entity? Who can actually be trusted? These people are TOTAL lunatics.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/texas-governor-abbott-orders-national-guard-military-takeover
I wasn't concerned about this army training until

I heard about Obama's new amnesty program.

Um. Wow! How exactly do you know what political party people rioting are? Have you done a survey? I honestly haven't seen that question asked, so just interested on where you got your data.

I think he is talking about the Mayor of Baltimore and her decision to let the rioters burn down the city. Just my guess.

Well, I read the linked article....I know the Governor of Texas is a Tea Bagger...and I know which party distrusts the government...especially the OBAMA Government...and I put 2 and 2 together. Are you going to tell me this is a left wing thing?

Sorry....I'm still not 100% used to the new system! I thought you were referring to my post! Sorry Zeke!

I've never seen Republicans burn their own city to the ground. So there's that.

Just so I know where you are on this, you think it's possible the U.S. Military will be invading Texas? I'm just asking the question.

So, Jay....I understand you want to distract and change topics from the OP, which is why you've raised a completely separate topic/hijacked the thread....but do you think it's possible that the U.S. Military, in conjunction with President Obama are planing to invade the State of Texas?

No, I don't, and I have no idea where you would get that.

So, Jay....I understand you want to distract and change topics from the OP, which is why you've raised a completely separate topic/hijacked the thread....but do you think it's possible that the U.S. Military, in conjunction with President Obama are planing to invade the State of Texas?

Once again you couldn't be more wrong, I simply responded to a post by dbmhoosier, if you read anything else into that, that is your problem.

Does anyone actually watch video?

It might have been poorly phrased, but it's pretty clear that she was NOT saying: "We wanted to give them space to destroy." Instead, it's clear she WAS saying: "We wanted to give them space to exercise free speech, and unfortunately some people took advantage of that."

No, it really isn't clear that is what she was sayin. Calling it poorly phrased is nothing more than excuse when it is out there on video what she really said. It was cleared up on Monday, probably after someone in her office pointed out her poor choice of words, but it wasn't pretty clear what she said based solely on the video.

No, I don't, and I have no idea where you would get that.

Um....the fact that the Governor of Texas is mobilizing the State Guard for just that reason....as was linked in the OP.

Um....the fact that the Governor of Texas is mobilizing the State Guard for just that reason....as was linked in the OP.
Again, you missed the point, I simply responded to a post by dbmhoosier, nothing more, in spite of what you read into my response. Where did I say anything about agreeing with the govenor of Texas? You are trying too hard to make something out of nothing becuase you didn't understand the first response.

Pretty obvious zeke. Don't see many gangbangers voting for Pubs.

Pretty obvious zeke. Don't see many gangbangers voting for Pubs.
Again, how do you know? If I were to venture a guess, I'd say the majority of gangbangers don't vote period. To presume they were Democrats, as the post did, is just silly.

Again, how do you know? If I were to venture a guess, I'd say the majority of gangbangers don't vote period. To presume they were Democrats, as the post did, is just silly.

No it isn't. There is not a chance in hell they are voting Republican and you know it.

Actually, I think the gangbangers were the ones protecting property, not burning it down.

166.gif

No, seriously, you didn't see those stories? Fascinating stuff. It wasn't all rainbows and unicorns (one story had gang members protecting black-owned businesses, but also directing looters to Asian-owned businesses), but there were also at least two reporters (Ben Jacobs of the Guardian and Justin Fenton of the Baltimore Sun) confirming that gang members were protecting them and keeping order.

Actually, this shouldn't be all that surprising. One of the ways organized crime thrives is by setting itself up as the protector of its own local neighborhoods. This isn't just a trope from Godfather Part II, that's actually how they operate. It's one of the reasons the Yakuza is so popular among the citizens of Japan.

No, seriously, you didn't see those stories? Fascinating stuff. It wasn't all rainbows and unicorns (one story had gang members protecting black-owned businesses, but also directing looters to Asian-owned businesses), but there were also at least two reporters (Ben Jacobs of the Guardian and Justin Fenton of the Baltimore Sun) confirming that gang members were protecting them and keeping order.

Actually, this shouldn't be all that surprising. One of the ways organized crime thrives is by setting itself up as the protector of its own local neighborhoods. This isn't just a trope from Godfather Part II, that's actually how they operate. It's one of the reasons the Yakuza is so popular among the citizens of Japan.

That is true. I still find it hard to believe that some of the looters and rioters themselves were not affiliated with gangs.

That is true. I still find it hard to believe that some of the looters and rioters themselves were not affiliated with gangs.
I'm sure your right. Gangs aren't as regimented and disciplined as, say, the military, and you still see soldiers going out of bounds sometimes. But these gangs know that the only thing that prevents the community turning on them better than fear is loyalty, and the best way to create loyalty is to set yourself up as the defender of the neighborhood.

So I wasn't surprised to see gangbangers out there cleaning and trying to keep order. I was surprised to hear about them actively protecting reporters. That seems to go above and beyond the interest of the gang itself.

I guess this thread is turning into the Baltimore thread. Okay............

Surely this post was a joke. In the last election 74% of minorities voted democratic. In the Baltimore inner city it was probably higher. Baltimore has a minority Mayor and Council President and as most City the majority of inner city residents are minorities. It has been a democratic stronghold for the ages.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/04/blacks-and-the-democratic-party/

Last edited:
Surely this post was a joke. In the last election 74% of minorities voted democratic. In the Baltimore inner city it was probably higher. Baltimore has a minority Mayor and Council President and as most City the majority of inner city residents are minorities. It has been a democratic stronghold for the ages.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/04/blacks-and-the-democratic-party/
Sure, a higher % of the minorities who actually vote are democratic voters, but what % of the total minority population votes? For example, in Ferguson MO, only 6-7% of the eligible black population voted up until the Michael Brown incident. I think that shot up to 30% (which is still low) in the local election they just had, resulting in the first black city council members.

I really admire Zeke and I got thinking more about her post. Maybe part of the problem is the democratic party sees Cities and the inner Cities as a voter pool and do not truly envision the plight of those that live there. They control all the power in those areas but the problems grow and nothing seems to get done. Maybe it is time for those minorities to rethink their options and look for solutions outside the box and not along a strictly political partisan line.

I really admire Zeke and I got thinking more about her post. Maybe part of the problem is the democratic party sees Cities and the inner Cities as a voter pool and do not truly envision the plight of those that live there. They control all the power in those areas but the problems grow and nothing seems to get done. Maybe it is time for those minorities to rethink their options and look for solutions outside the box and not along a strictly political partisan line.
Or maybe it's because republicans don't see the inner cities as a voting block and therefore don't give a shit about them and as a result don't get their votes. Maybe it's because you call them all lazy welfare queens who just want free stuff.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/04/blacks-and-the-democratic-party/[/if anyone would like to stop and ask them the question, my guess is that a large number of the people causing problems have never voted in their life. That happens when whole groups of people are disenfranchised.

I've said for a while that try the best thing black people could do is start voting R in droves. It doesn't matter if they agree with the Pubs on anything. Dems do nothing to help them because they know they will all vote D no matter what. But the Dem party couldn't exist without a large chunk of the black vote. They would have to listen to them and try to better their lives if they started voting for someone else. On the same note Pubs do little to help them because they assume they'll all still vote D anyways. Why waste your political capital on a group you know is going to vote a certain way no matter what? That's a big problem for black americans when it comes to politics.

Or maybe it's because republicans don't see the inner cities as a voting block and therefore don't give a shit about them and as a result don't get their votes. Maybe it's because you call them all lazy welfare queens who just want free stuff.
It is time to stop passing the buck and those in control start solving the problems. The dems for now are in control in these areas s... or get off the pot and admit you are incapable of solving the problems and give someone else a shot.

Yeah, the Democrat polices to fix black youth urban unemployment is working so well

Increase minium wages.
Increase employer-payed health care.
More paid family leave days.
Give all the illegal immigrants work permits.
Increase all immigration whether or not they have jobs.
Increases taxes on the rich.
Establiish strict carbon emmission standards.
More job training to build windmills.
More DOJ control of local police.

Have I left anyting out?

Oh yeah. Free employer contraception.

The Democratic agenda is right on target. I don't understand why black, urban, unemployment rates aren't falling.

Yeah, the Democrat polices to fix black youth urban unemployment is working so well

Increase minium wages.
Increase employer-payed health care.
More paid family leave days.
Give all the illegal immigrants work permits.
Increase all immigration whether or not they have jobs.
Increases taxes on the rich.
Establiish strict carbon emmission standards.
More job training to build windmills.
More DOJ control of local police.

Have I left anyting out?

Oh yeah. Free employer contraception.

The Democratic agenda is right on target. I don't understand why black, urban, unemployment rates aren't falling.
No one is doing anything to help the plight of the inner city. But the GOP is the party out there calling people on welfare lazy, blaming public schools in poor areas for failing while simultaneously supporting new tax regimes and vouchers that move money out of those districts. And when a black guy is shot in a Wal-Mart for holding an air rifle he was planning on legally purchasing, the GOP - supposedly the party of the second amendment - is silent.
It's right to suggest that blacks will continue to vote Dem, even if the Dems do very little for them. But there is a good reason for that: because every single thing the GOP does screams to black voters, "We don't want you."

No one is doing anything to help the plight of the inner city. But the GOP is the party out there calling people on welfare lazy, blaming public schools in poor areas for failing while simultaneously supporting new tax regimes and vouchers that move money out of those districts. And when a black guy is shot in a Wal-Mart for holding an air rifle he was planning on legally purchasing, the GOP - supposedly the party of the second amendment - is silent.
It's right to suggest that blacks will continue to vote Dem, even if the Dems do very little for them. But there is a good reason for that: because every single thing the GOP does screams to black voters, "We don't want you."

What were the police supposed to do based on the situation?

"On Aug. 5, two police officers responded to a 911 caller's report that a man with a rifle was pointing the weapon at shoppers inside a Beavercreek, Ohio Wal-Mart. Beavercreek Police later said that one of the officers shot 22-year-old John Crawford III after he failed to respond to calls to drop his weapon."

"The owner's manual for the rifle says, "Do not brandish or display this air rifle in public ... Police and others may think it's a firearm."

Reactions: DrHoops

What? No one is doing anything? I can point to dozens and dozens of things being done to help inner cities. Sure, there is less than helpful rhetoric coming from all sides. But to suggest nothing is being done is an outright fallacy. You can argue that more should be done, or that something different should be done. But to say that nothing is being done is absurd. And there is plenty of blame to go around for the plight of our inner cities. Yet, you seem to be claiming that it's all the Republicans' fault, and that clearly is not true. Are the Republicans to blame for the conditions in Baltimore? Greedy business owners who won't put their operations in inner city Baltimore? Care to guess how much money Baltimore city schools spend per student? It was over $15,000 in 2011 (over $17,000, according to one source). Of the 100 largest public school systems in the country, only New York City spent more per student than Baltimore. Is $15,000 enough? Should the taxpayers give them $20,000? $25,000? More?

Or, perhaps, is the real problem how the money is being spent, coupled with other issues such as too many parents who don't give a damn about their child's education?

Keep posting like this and I might have to place a call to our alma mater and have them take a second-look at some things. ;)

[and I hope you know that last crack was intended in jest]

Reactions: jlm93
ADVERTISEMENT