ADVERTISEMENT

What do you think are the best college FB jobs?

Tom Allen went 14-7 over a two year span and got a big raise and insane buyout.
That gets you fired at a football school.
So I’d have to say IU is one of the best jobs in the country.
No pressure to win big,win 60% of your games for a couple years and you’re set for life.

Tom Allen went 14-7 over a two year span and got a big raise and insane buyout.
That gets you fired at a football school.
So I’d have to say IU is one of the best jobs in the country.
No pressure to win big,win 60% of your games for a couple years and you’re set for life.
If I had Cig's contract I'd be set for life without winning a single game.

But yeah, one of the best jobs right now is Indiana, you're right.

I liked seeing DC Bryant Haines state his belief you could recruit here. Had everything you needed. (I like that guy a lot from what little I know.)

Last edited:
Ohio State finished 11-2 the last few seasons. The last time they won the East was 2020 when they snaked their way into the BTC game ahead of us. Since that time, Harbaugh has coached Michigan to the East title and overall Big Ten Championship title.

You know you are a spoiled rotten fan base when 11-2 type of seasons puts the head coach on a hot seat.

Ohio State finished 11-2 the last few seasons. The last time they won the East was 2020 when they snaked their way into the BTC game ahead of us. Since that time, Harbaugh has coached Michigan to the East title and overall Big Ten Championship title.

You know you are a spoiled rotten fan base when 11-2 type of seasons puts the head coach on a hot seat.
With the talent they have assembled, especially what they have coming in and back, do you not think he should be? Before Michigan’s run, they had won 4 straight and 7 of 10. OSU is literally the biggest fan base in the country, obviously passionate but yes definitely spoiled. I wish we had the same programs.

With the talent they have assembled, especially what they have coming in and back, do you not think he should be? Before Michigan’s run, they had won 4 straight and 7 of 10. OSU is literally the biggest fan base in the country, obviously passionate but yes definitely spoiled. I wish we had the same programs.
He sports a 39-3 Big Ten record; hardly hot seat worthy, IMO!!! His overall record is 56-8 which is astounding.

The more I think about it, FVCK their sorry a$$ fan base. I'm not upset at you, BTW, just blown away at his overall records and their attitude towards a 11-2 season. It's a world I'm not familiar with.

He sports a 39-3 Big Ten record; hardly hot seat worthy, IMO!!! His overall record is 56-8 which is astounding.

The more I think about it, FVCK their sorry a$$ fan base. I'm not upset at you, BTW, just blown away at his overall records and their attitude towards a 11-2 season. It's a world I'm not familiar with.
No, I get it. Spoiled was not incorrect though. However, the NIL money that has been spent by the boosters this offseason leads me to believe that it’s not an option to beat Michigan next season. Michigan winning a championship has lit a fire under their boosters and collectives.

Interesting to consider in light of the Bama job opening up.. Lot of factors go into it, including intangibles, environment, expectations, resources, recruiting base et al. I would rank my top 20 as:

1. Texas
2. Georgia
3. USC
4. Bama
5. OSU
6. Michigan
7. ND
8. Florida
9. PSU
10. A&M
11. Nebraska.
12. Oregon
13. Oklahoma
14 LSU. I only rate it this low because you'd have to live in Louisiana.
15. FSU
16. Virginia Tech
17. Arkansas
18. Michigan St.
19. Wisconsin
20. N. Carolina
21. Washington
Others: Miami, BYU

Edit: I left out Auburn. I'd have them in the 12-15 range.

Edit #2: I left out Tennessee & Clemson. I'd have Tennessee just behind Florida and ahead of PSU; I'd have Clemson just behind FSU and just ahead of VT. And I think the points made about UCLA are pretty valid. Lets put then in just behind Arkansas and just ahead of MSU.

One thing to remember about UCLA, Oregon, and Washington. They're in the BT, but only at 1/2 (or so) rates for the first 6(?) years, So that's a similar problem to the ACC teams, except they can recruit as a BT team.
I think IU is a pretty good gig, tbh. Not a lot of pressure to win a championship. Just win 6 and go bowling and keep making millions. How hard is that? Why can't we do that?

Before Harbaugh, Michigan had trouble finding the right coach to return to championship form.
Alabama isn't hiring a Mike Dubose this time though. He didn't even have much of a track record.

Although I thought when Michigan hired Rich Rod, it was going to work. Boy was I wrong.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Exactly. In the 17 years before Saban, Alabama's record was 113-80 which equates to 59%
While I agree Saban is key, he can't do it without support of both the Athletic department and the Admin. The athletic dept has to provide facilities and support and the admin has to be flexible with players. The latter becomes less of an issue after Saban re-established the program.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT