ADVERTISEMENT

We have had quite a few McDonalds All Americans over the years.

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
I can't ever remember any one of them looking really good in the game. it's always a guard driven game seems most of our guys have been post players. would assume Isiah looked good but that was so long ago not even sure it was televised. do any of you recall anyone of our recruits doing anything special? watch Mcneely go off, that will suck. for those who haven't seen him play Cooper Flagg is special

I could've sworn I watched Matt Nover play in that game. But he's not listed as a McD AA. So I guess not.
The game I remember, some all star game, he did all the hustle stuff and made an impact in limited minutes but almost didn't even get mentioned because the announcers only noticed the flashy stuff. He didn't live up to my hopes after seeing that, but he was a good player.

Last edited:
Reactions: bIhawk
I checked a few summaries on wikipedia. The 1994 game write up says the West's 'almost' comeback was led by Andrea Patterson.

I didn't watch it that I remember.

I could've sworn I watched Matt Nover play in that game. But he's not listed as a McD AA. So I guess not.
The game I remember, some all star game, he did all the hustle stuff and made an impact in limited minutes but almost didn't even get mentioned because the announcers only noticed the flashy stuff. He didn't live up to my hopes after seeing that, but he was a good player.
I don't recall Nover being that highly recruited. would take a guy like him on my team every year.

Tucker just shot from Reggie Miller range from above the key, LOL. He made it... It was flat but on line so he got the bounce off the front of the rim off the glass and in.

I'm saying shooters roll lol I'm less worried.

Boogie Fland getting talked about. :( McNeely also. :(

79 team, Isiah, Byron Scott, James Worthy Dominique Wilkins Ralph Sampson could have won some NBA titles with that class. on the bench Clark Kellogg Sam Bowie John Paxson , Sydney Green, plus several others who had long NBA careers. has to be one of the best classes ever.

• Wow
Reactions: outside shooter
Pretty sure it was Ricky Roe that you were thinking of

I can't ever remember any one of them looking really good in the game. it's always a guard driven game seems most of our guys have been post players. would assume Isiah looked good but that was so long ago not even sure it was televised. do any of you recall anyone of our recruits doing anything special? watch Mcneely go off, that will suck. for those who haven't seen him play Cooper Flagg is special
yeah, the whole Reid, Fife, Patterson, Miller, Herman, Collier, Recker all did well in those type games and they were that good in those environs, especially Michael Herman, man, that was a huge, missed opportunity with that guy

I think Bracey Wright was co mvp of his game? Or had 14 pts or something like this.

Reactions: bIhawk
Matt was a McD AA high jumper in track ?!?
Great college player, ended Shaq”s college career.

Reactions: ulrey
No Eric Anderson made it but not Nover. Nover was a bit of a project coming out of hs actually and I believe redshirted his first year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT