ADVERTISEMENT

Walt Bell is the beginning of the end of Allen's tenure

He should have been fired right after our old OC.
I disagree, if you do that, you create a lot of uncertainty for what was a pretty good OL class. Let them get acquainted with IU and hope they stay for what would presumably be a better coach, even if it wasn't the coach that recruited them. However I would've definitely rathered him get fired with Sheridan than for him to return for another season. I make it very clear in my original post that there should've been no way Hiller returned for this season. If CTA's buyout wasn't so large and this wasn't Indiana, it would be a firable offense.

Reactions: DANC
Kirk Ciarrocca, rehired as Gophers offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach on Monday, received a two-year contract that will pay him a base salary of $625,000 for each of the 2022 and 2023 seasons, with incentives to make more, according to the document obtained by the Star Tribune.3 hours ago
Just a reminder that our OC makes 300k more than Minnesota

Just a reminder that our OC makes 300k more than Minnesota
LOL Minnesota has a real O-line and all they do is pound the ball up the middle, the OC doesn't do anything but tell them which gap Mo Ibrahim is running through. If Bell ran that scheme with our O-line literally every drive would be a three and out.

Reactions: DANC
Wondering why this was leaked early, if the announcement is coming tomorrow. It's not the guy had a job to resign from or anything. They have to see the optics of hiring a guy coming out of a disastrous situation with a poor offense to go with it. Seems to be no reason to hire someone with a track record like this.

Hoping it's just a bad rumor.
Nice call!

I disagree, if you do that, you create a lot of uncertainty for what was a pretty good OL class. Let them get acquainted with IU and hope they stay for what would presumably be a better coach, even if it wasn't the coach that recruited them. However I would've definitely rathered him get fired with Sheridan than for him to return for another season. I make it very clear in my original post that there should've been no way Hiller returned for this season. If CTA's buyout wasn't so large and this wasn't Indiana, it would be a firable offense.
No one committed here for Hiller. I know a dude who just last year was heavily recruited by IU for o-line and he said Allen did all the talking and hardly ever mentioned Hiller at all.

LOL Minnesota has a real O-line and all they do is pound the ball up the middle, the OC doesn't do anything but tell them which gap Mo Ibrahim is running through. If Bell ran that scheme with our O-line literally every drive would be a three and out.
Got it I'm right but still wrong.

No one committed here for Hiller. I know a dude who just last year was heavily recruited by IU for o-line and he said Allen did all the talking and hardly ever mentioned Hiller at all.
Yeah lol, I'm sure your "dude" is a real source and not some BS you just made up, but either way, that just shows how incompetent a coach both Allen and Hiller are, any normal player commits to your position coach and specific scheme, not your HC, hence why Josh Hoover decommitted and Penix entered the portal after Sheridan was canned.

Yeah lol, I'm sure your "dude" is a real source and not some BS you just made up, but either way, that just shows how incompetent a coach both Allen and Hiller are, any normal player commits to your position coach and specific scheme, not your HC, hence why Josh Hoover decommitted and Penix entered the portal after Sheridan was canned.
The kids grandpa is my dad's best friend. So for this one player, who did not go to iu, I can say without a doubt the kid gave zero shits about Hiller. Kid loved Allen though.

The kids grandpa is my dad's best friend. So for this one player, who did not go to iu, I can say without a doubt the kid gave zero shits about Hiller. Kid loved Allen though.
Didn't love Allen enough to commit, if you "give zero shits" about the position coach you're committing to, you might be committing to the wrong school, obviously this kid didn't commit to IU anyway, hopefully he committed to an O-line coach that's actually competent, but my point is that's a terrible recruiting strategy from Allen.

As HC his job in recruiting is to be the closer, sell the program as a whole and the culture that he's built here, let the position coaches sell the scheme + development plans because they're the ones that will actually be following through and working with these kids day after day. I don't disagree with you that no one committed here for Hiller, there's a reason we didn't see any decommitments after he was canned, but that just shows how poor IU's recruiting strategy has been.

Didn't love Allen enough to commit, if you "give zero shits" about the position coach you're committing to, you might be committing to the wrong school, obviously this kid didn't commit to IU anyway, hopefully he committed to an O-line coach that's actually competent, but my point is that's a terrible recruiting strategy from Allen.

As HC his job in recruiting is to be the closer, sell the program as a whole and the culture that he's built here, let the position coaches sell the scheme + development plans because they're the ones that will actually be following through and working with these kids day after day. I don't disagree with you that no one committed here for Hiller, there's a reason we didn't see any decommitments after he was canned, but that just shows how poor IU's recruiting strategy has been.

In the past Allen has bragged in the press that losing position coaches shouldn't impact recruiting as recruits commit to him not his position coaches.

“Allen said that ''staff recruiting'' helps in the transition with the coaching staff, because commits aren't attached to just one recruiter. They get to know Allen well, of course, but they also see a lot of the other coaches, as well.“

That’s a far piece from “In the past Allen has bragged in the press that losing position coaches shouldn't impact recruiting as recruits commit to him not his position coaches.”

The worst takeaway from the article you linked was Allen’s comment that to run the ball better, we needed to pass the ball better. Go with that.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT