ADVERTISEMENT

Walt Bell is the beginning of the end of Allen's tenure

I am willing to see what we see next season before hammering nails in the coffin.

But like hiring Sheridan without a search was a risk, shocking the next hire is a fired coach coming off a 3-23 record.

Is Tom Allen running a coaching rehab program with this hire?

I am willing to see what we see next season before hammering nails in the coffin.

But like hiring Sheridan without a search was a risk, shocking the next hire is a fired coach coming off a 3-23 record.

Hillery is staying.

Some coordinators make lousy head coaches, but great coordinators. Cam Cameron and Kevin Wilson are two familiar examples. I’m willing to wait and see what happens

Some coordinators make lousy head coaches, but great coordinators. Cam Cameron and Kevin Wilson are two familiar examples. I’m willing to wait and see what happens
But there's nothing in his resume that screams "Great Coordinator".

I'm tired of the "let's wait and see if he will be good" approach. I got spoiled by Deboer, I admit. They guy won 4 NIAI national championships as HC!!, learned under Tedford. Great resume.

But after he leaves due to his success at IU, we promote the TE coach who had never called plays, and a failed 2-23 HC who has been fired twice since his last success at Ark State.

Most disappointingly, he will not bring a big time OL coach with him. THAT is the biggest problem I have with him.

KW was not good. Completely mismanaged the QB position and the OL. Let alone the ethics issues.

Tom Allen's D is the reason the program stepped up.

Some people refuse to give Tom Allen even the slightest bit of credit for the success he's had here.

It's not secret that this thing didn't get turned around until Allen and his defense got here.

Some people refuse to give Tom Allen even the slightest bit of credit for the success he's had here.

It's not secret that this thing didn't get turned around until Allen and his defense got here.
5994a3e84732461cf57d7513cc7755bf--clown-outfits-clown-costumes.jpg

And if he does stay? What do you think that will say about this post you just made?
It will answer my question if and only if he has knowledge of the situation right now. Does he?

edited for proper context

Last edited:
Budget ain't as bad as you want to believe, AD has spent big bucks on the biggest facilities transformation in the BIG. Salaries are up.

Attendance is certainly not on the AD.

What else ya got?
It's partly on the fans. We will see if the fanbase bounces back next year. The attendance for the basketball game Saturday was bad also.

Reactions: vesuvius13
As my initial shock clears, I am trying to come around to that rational logic as well. I actually have to believe he will do better than Sheridan this year. (But assuming as it seems Hiller stays on, I worry about our OL play again.)

I attended every home game this year , and I still think our O-line is our biggest problem . I think that the offense was very limited because of that . If you can’t run the ball , it really limits your game plan . Also our passing game was really hampered , because our QB had little or no time to check down his receivers , and often was left scrambling for their life . Is it that our linemen are not very good or is it the coaching . I think Sheridan was the scape goat , because what ever he called was going to struggle with our line . I would like to see us get some o- line recruits from the portal , because if we don’t then next season won’t be any better than this year .

As my initial shock clears, I am trying to come around to that rational logic as well. I actually have to believe he will do better than Sheridan this year. (But assuming as it seems Hiller stays on, I worry about our OL play again.)
It will be interesting to see which QB he gets from the portal.

Cam Cameron? Kevin Wilson?? We can only hope.

I attended every home game this year , and I still think our O-line is our biggest problem . I think that the offense was very limited because of that . If you can’t run the ball , it really limits your game plan . Also our passing game was really hampered , because our QB had little or no time to check down his receivers , and often was left scrambling for their life . Is it that our linemen are not very good or is it the coaching . I think Sheridan was the scape goat , because what ever he called was going to struggle with our line . I would like to see us get some o- line recruits from the portal , because if we don’t then next season won’t be any better than this year .
Caleb Jones and Powell were terrible. They will be gone. You have to call things you think you can block. O line transformation has to happen.

They also often take terrible head coaching jobs just to be the head coach, hope to parlay a lucky good season or two into becoming "the hot coach" and a better gig. HC record really doesn't factor into ability at the coordinator/assistant coach level. After all, would a 30-3 head coach TAKE a coordinator job? Not likely unless it was a very special circumstance.

Q: will that transformation happen with same Hiller as OL coach??
They are paying Bell more than he was paid at the job he was just fired from. Makes no sense to me. Save the money and pay for a replacement for Piller. I can't imagine we were competing with anybody for Bell's services. This is a hire a Sun Belt program makes. People are laughing at this.

Wondering why this was leaked early, if the announcement is coming tomorrow. It's not the guy had a job to resign from or anything. They have to see the optics of hiring a guy coming out of a disastrous situation with a poor offense to go with it. Seems to be no reason to hire someone with a track record like this.

Hoping it's just a bad rumor.

Wondering why this was leaked early, if the announcement is coming tomorrow. It's not the guy had a job to resign from or anything. They have to see the optics of hiring a guy coming out of a disastrous situation with a poor offense to go with it. Seems to be no reason to hire someone with a track record like this.

Hoping it's just a bad rumor.
He needs to start recruiting and representing IU. He was probably around this weekend. He needs to meet players and recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT