ADVERTISEMENT

Walker in Georgia

"Partisan shills" are what make the process work. That's how they staff the polls. It's not like they're in it for the fame or money. I'd be fine if stoll was sitting alongside cosmic keeping him honest, and vice versa.
Not all members of political parties are partisan shills. I’ve seen Stoll be critical of Republicans many times, Cosmicbot not once of his party, policy, politicians, or anything relating to Dems.

What’s scary is that a person that spends their every waking minute scouring the internet for leftist propaganda & can’t look beyond ”R bad, D good” working the polls. You are quick to judge any number of posters here, including me, based on what is posted, but that doesn’t apply to Cosmicbot because he wears your jersey. LOL!!!

So what kind of shenanigans do you think cosmic could be up to? And wouldn't the Republican he's partnered with have to be in on it too?

"Partisan shills" are what make the process work. That's how they staff the polls. It's not like they're in it for the fame or money. I'd be fine if stoll was sitting alongside cosmic keeping him honest, and vice versa.
Fortunately for the real voters you get your rocks off on being a moderator here and leave them alone.

Reactions: DANC
No, really, last weekend it wasn't a chore modding. I don't think I did anything the whole time besides read and post.

Two liberals on the streets of Bloomington on patrol. I leave the captions up to others

312483286_6565982746797068_4825578765091825808_n.jpg

So what kind of shenanigans do you think cosmic could be up to? And wouldn't the Republican he's partnered with have to be in on it too?
I haven’t tried to figure out what he may or may not be able to accomplish, but I wouldn’t trust that he has any interest in doing right by Republicans in any circumstance. I don’t know anything about who he’s partnered with, but I know enough about Cosmicbot…are there any posters here you would not trust with your vote?

I haven’t tried to figure out what he may or may not be able to accomplish, but I wouldn’t trust that he has any interest in doing right by Republicans in any circumstance. I don’t know anything about who he’s partnered with, but I know enough about Cosmicbot…are there any posters here you would not trust with your vote?
This is a nightmare. @Crayfish57 is there any way you can get down there and volunteer? DANC is in NC. Someone needs to watch Cosmic!!!!!

I wouldn't trust any of them with my vote. But that's not how it works. Neither cosmic or anyone else can influence or steal it or change it or control it. I marked my ballot and put it in the envelope, which was then sealed and drpped in the ballot box. When I've voted on election day, I mark my ballot and insert it into the scanner. No cosmics or stolls ever touch it once it's been handed to me.

Of course, there's no telling what those partisan hacks are doing after I've left the building.

No this is an absentee ballot process, and part of the ballot is non partisan. So if you vote for straight ticket you still have to turn the ballot over to vote for non-partisan school board candidates, if you choose to do so. Also there is a single early voting location for all of the county and some ballots have a school funding referendum, but other precincts don't. You get the ballot based on the precinct you are registered in, even though you are not physically voting in that location.

So we are supposed to point all of that out and most people D and R take it seriously. But the person I discussed basically just hands people the ballot tells them to read it and vote for who they want. That results in some confusion, and it's why some people reach the check out and have followed the correct steps and others haven't.
And there aren't any machines, this is all written ballots...

I just realized this wasn't a DANC post. I assumed it was because of the uninformed snobbery inherent in it.

IIRC, You don't even live in IN and know absolutely nothing about the way the early voting in the location I work at is being conducted. You're exactly the kind of person who would seal your envelope on your own (despite being told not to) and hold up the line at checkout while we had to open your envelope to ensure the mandatory initials that allow your vote to count have been properly applied to the ballot inside.
I live in Indiana. I have never voted absentee. You are correct…I know nothing about that process. I was under the assumption we were allowing early voting this year.
Some people find drama everywhere.

I live in Indiana. I have never voted absentee. You are correct…I know nothing about that process. I was under the assumption we were allowing early voting this year.

You misunderstand. Early voting (in Monroe County at least) is handled like absentee voting, insofar as the ballots are collected in special, signature checked envelopes and stored for later counting. They aren't tallied until election day. If you vote on election day all the envelopes and signing of same is dispensed with -- your ballot gets scanned as part of the process and that's that.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Early voting is a form of absentee voting in Indiana (and I imagine in most states), because it's centralized, rather than held at each precinct. Basically, it's a choice between having it mailed to you or driving there and doing it in person.

Reactions: Spartans9312
You walk into a predetermined place to vote.
You show the nice ladies at the table your id. They show you where to sign. Afterwards, you tell them thank you. You take your place in line until the gentleman says it’s your turn. They walk you to the machine and make the ballot is ready. They then tell you to make sure to cast the ballot by hitting the red button when you are complete. Once done you walk out the door.
Good grief…some people look for drama everywhere.
Self-importance

No but she is a mutual friend of our friend, (J) and we were all 3 on the same Supervisor team for Census. As you know J is in her 70s, but my other friend is in her 50s and just as crazy.

Funny story...

When I went for training the 4 leads sat in front of us and basically told us how the operation worked. When we broke into individual groups and toured each station, the printing station was basically where the 4 leads had been sitting.

So I'm sitting there and notice a notebook, and it has notes from the previous day's training. I see both of my friends listed on the page, and was shocked to see J because I had no idea she'd be working. But I noticed that next to her name the person had written something to the effect of "watch out for this one-problem child"...

I immediately assumed that knowing J, she had somehow managed to rub one of the Dem leads the wrong way. Since the training only lasted an hour and there wasn't much interaction I was a little surprised to find J inspiring such a negative reaction just from a single meeting.,. But as you know she is misinformed and pretty intense...

However what makes the story so funny (since you know J) is that when I inquired who had been sitting in the spot where the open notebook was, I found out that the notebook (and comments) belonged to one of the GOP leads, not a Dem. And the lead in question is someone I really like, who is also about the same age as J and who I'd be happy to work under.

I shared the info with my other friend and she cracked up. We both found it hilarious because we both know J pretty well and are aware that this is exactly the type of effect she can have on people. She had similar situations during the time we worked in the Census. I imagine you're aware of that element of her personality as well...
Wow, you're right - that really is hilarious. It's too bad I fell asleep from boredom before getting to the end.

I haven’t seen any comments about the latest revelations about Walker on here. Does that mean we have become desensitized completely about how corrupt our politics have become? The bottom line is that the Georgia senate race is too important in the fight for senate majority. There is no line that can’t be crossed.

Walker has been credibly accused of abusing his ex-wife and son in the past, including holding a gun to her head. He has been caught in numerous lies about his education, children out of wedlock, career experience, and now a very credible accusation that he paid for an abortion for a former girlfriend.

There is no debate about Walker’s lack of character or his inexperience and a void of qualifications. The only thing that matters is that the senate majority could come down to this race.

I’m not so naive to think this hasn’t happened before or that it has only happened in the Republican Party. What is disturbing is that there is no shame in the actions. It’s not personal. It’s just business.
Walker has been ‘credibly accused’, but JB or Hunter hasn’t, right??

GAFC

Very well indeed.

Learning from the previous summer's BLM suppression and the fascist battle against the Jan 6th freedom march at the Capital.
So you believe the CCP has a better human rights record than the US?

That's the simpleton in you asking.

Life isn't about binary choices. That's only for the uninformed ie ignorants.
It it absolutely a simple question, able to be answered simply (do you believe?). But you refused to do so. I have my answer anyway it seems.

Did you help weld doors shut?

That's the simpleton in you asking.

Life isn't about binary choices. That's only for the uninformed ie ignorants.

Your next post critical of the CCP would be a first.... but you've got endless time to post your criticism of US politics.

There's lots of interesting news going on in China, but you have nothing of interest to say?

Your next post critical of the CCP would be a first.... but you've got endless time to post your criticism of US politics.

There's lots of interesting news going on in China, but you have nothing of interest to say?

So the test here is how hard you can wave the flag?
Thought freedom of speech was the ability to say what you think is the truth and not the loyalty test?

As I said before, binary choices are for the uninformed and for easier manipulation. The world is primarily grey and not one side or another.

But I guess I was wrong. Then let's what the WC is; a simplistic gathering of two and a half tribes on the pretence of some intellectual discussion with a huge dollop of chest-beating nationalism.

Next on the agenda, book burning?

Twenty, I am disappointed in you.

The fact that the Simpleton's natural response to my posting of Hershel's related tweet was about my race, Chinese and 'natural' my support of the CCP. And you didn't notice it?

In some circles, this would be considered racist.

Its par for the course for the likes of Jet, Cray etc. I had expected more from you.

And you wonder why the attacks on Asians have increased by 220+% in the last 2 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
So the test here is how hard you can wave the flag?
Thought freedom of speech was the ability to say what you think is the truth and not the loyalty test?

But I guess I was wrong.

Twenty, I am disappointed in you.

The fact that the Simpleton's natural response to my posting of Hershel's related tweet was about my race, Chinese and 'natural' my support of the CCP.

In some circles, this would be considered racist since the CCP has nothing to do with Herschel or the race in Georgia.

I expected more from you.

Now you wonder why the attacks on Asians have increased by 220+% in the last 2 years.

My comment stands on its own.

This has nothing to do with race, and you know that.

I've never seen you post a critical comment about the Chinese govt, even though you... of all of us on this board, are much better positioned to do so. You do not comment on Chinese matters, even though it seems to me you would be the best one to offer comments.

You could add a lot to this board in, at the least providing nuance. You rarely, if ever do that..... but you can comment on a rather meaningless GA senate race.

Reactions: DANC and jet812
My comment stands on its own.

This has nothing to do with race, and you know that.

I've never seen you post a critical comment about the Chinese govt, even though you... of all of us on this board, are much better positioned to do so. You do not comment on Chinese matters, even though it seems to me you would be the best one to offer comments.

You could add a lot to this board in, at the least providing nuance. You rarely, if ever do that..... but you can comment on a rather meaningless GA senate race.

What nuance? This board is a chest-beating gathering of a few racists and quite a lot of xenophobes.

And positive views/comments have I ever presented on behalf of the CCP? And when did the country get so insecure?

I am a devil's advocate by nature due to my travels and work/life experiences. I see everyone's perspective including the racists here.... though may not have to agree.

Hell, for years I had to defend US foreign policy here in SG or when I travel around Asia -- even when the WMD thing blew up in my face -- and even more recently, the abandoning of the Afgan women & children to the Talis. I have been accused of being blind or brainwashed here. (But Sandy hook broke me.)

My primary view on life is that everyone, EVERYONE has blood on their hands. So it's best not to pontificate.

Everyone had problems -- stones, glasshouse and all.

That will always be my main perspective.

Last edited:
What nuance? This board is a chest-beating gathering of xenophobes.

And positive views/comments have I ever presented on behalf of the CCP?

I am a devil's advocate by nature due to my travels and work/life experiences. I see everyone's perspective including the racists here.... though may not have to agree.

Hell, for years I had to defend US foreign policy here in SG or when I travel around Asia -- even when the WMD thing blew up in my face -- and even more recently, the abandoning of the Afgan women & children to the Talis. I have been accused of being blind or brainwashed here.

My primary view on life is that everyone, EVERYONE has blood on their hands. So it's best not to pontificate.

Everyone had problems -- stones, glasshouse and all.

That will always be my main perspective.

The entire US/ China drawup is an ongoing thing in all of our lives. It's no secret, it's right out in the open.

Again, as I said.... you have more things to offer that a retweet of some stupid political crap, if you wanted to offer it.

You've rarely shared your opinions on the big issues. You like to dance around them. That's odd to me.

Reactions: DANC and jet812
The entire US/ China drawup is an ongoing thing in all of our lives. It's no secret, it's right out in the open.

Again, as I said.... you have more things to offer that a retweet of some stupid political crap, if you wanted to offer it.

You've rarely shared your opinions on the big issues. You like to dance around them. That's odd to me.

FYI: Its a HERSHEL WALKER thread and not some China thread.

It reminds me of the times whenever folks get pissed off at me, the first thing they bring up would be insults based on my race.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT