ADVERTISEMENT

UAW's recent demands

As I spent this past week in tax hell with my partners I don’t know why anyone who goes to college would do anything about ther than go to a massive company in healthcare etc and just ride the ladder up. By 45 make 400k. Benes. Perks. Etc.
You over-estimate the salary by age 45 pretty grossly, but yes working for a Fortune 500 company does have its perks

Death spiral somewhat like failing restaurants do when clientele drops or costs rise
sky-is-falling.jpg

NAPA selling only USA made parts now? Or are they selling ANY USA made parts now? drip drip drip drip.

In ten years they won't be selling much of anything. EVs will kill the automotive service industry. I was shocked to see the difference in what was sold after being out of it for twenty years. No such thing as a tune-up anymore. Brakes, fluids, tires, and filters is all there is anymore, with a little bit of suspension stuff.

The local Kia dealer is building a new, state of the art facility. Fifteen bay service shop. In twenty years they'll be using the bays as a charging center.

• Sad
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Back to the days of not buying vehicles built on Mondays or Fridays?

Friday they're looking to the weekend and Monday they're recovering from the weekend.

My family owned a Ford dealership from the 30s until the 80s and that was the advice given.
Did they go under? A bunch did in the 70s and 80s.

Did they go under? A bunch did in the 70s and 80s.
Retired and sold the dealership rights. Ford demanded a computerized dealership system and the connection costs alone were over 29k/month at the time. I'm guessing that's why lots of small rural dealerships aren't around. He was selling around 55 new cars/yr in a town of around 250 people.

Retired and sold the dealership rights. Ford demanded a computerized dealership system and the connection costs alone were over 29k/month at the time. I'm guessing that's why lots of small rural dealerships aren't around. He was selling around 55 new cars/yr in a town of around 250 people.
Yeah, that was commonplace. The Reagan recession didn't help much either.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Yeah, that was commonplace. The Reagan recession didn't help much either.
In his particular situation, it helped that he had the only gas pumps in town and also had a robust used car and body shop business. Those stayed open for another 10 years.

Not sure about the Reagan Recession comment. Carter ran the economy into the ground. Interest rates were around 20%.

There were plenty of nights when I heard my folks talking about how we were on the verge of losing our farm despite both of them having full time jobs in town.

Reactions: DANC
In his particular situation, it helped that he had the only gas pumps in town and also had a robust used car and body shop business. Those stayed open for another 10 years.

Not sure about the Reagan Recession comment. Carter ran the economy into the ground. Interest rates were around 20%.

There were plenty of nights when I heard my folks talking about how we were on the verge of losing our farm despite both of them having full time jobs in town.
Reagan broke the inflation spiral by tanking the economy.

Reagan broke the inflation spiral by tanking the economy.
You might want to check that. I got a mortgage in Spring, 1981 for 15% on a VA loan. I remember it very well because I closed on the day IU won the NCAA.

Hardly enough time for Reagan to increase interest rates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT