ADVERTISEMENT

Two hot teams quickly cooled off by the Hoosiers…

rocketo

All-American
Feb 23, 2007
Any excuses why we won them both handily? Even forced to play significant minutes without either of our PG.

Kudos to Bates today. I knew he needed those two FT to get started. TJD stuck with it and started dominating after beating them down.

TG played great!

Kopp made some nice plays and limited mistakes.

JHS made some huge plays at the end with those feeds to TJD.

JG continued his solid play. Making the hustle plays, good D and hitting a big 3 and some cleanups.

Gunn came in and made a big impact on the defensive side to help a run and hit 2-3 FT on that fouled 3.

MR played a really solid game. A couple dumb fouls, but really made a positive impact on both ends. He is really developing.

Plenty of other shout outs deserved I’m sure, but that is what stood out to me.

Any excuses why we won them both handily? Even forced to play significant minutes without either of our PG.

Kudos to Bates today. I knew he needed those two FT to get started. TJD stuck with it and started dominating after beating them down.

TG played great!

JG continued his solid play. Making the hustle plays, good D and hitting a big 3 and some cleanups.

Gunn came in and made a big impact on the defensive side to help a run and hit 2-3 FT on that fouled 3.

MR played a really solid game. A couple dumb fouls, but really made a positive impact on both ends. He is really developing.

Probably oughta include a shout out for Woody and crew. This has been a complete turnaround. Happy for him.

TG played great!

Woody for one. He made the lead guard cross between TJD and the double. Got two backside layups. It changed the offense and it made the double follow. Great gameplan and adjustment. With that triangle of Kopp, TJD and Tamar made the offense cook.

Woody for one. He made the lead guard cross between TJD and the double. Got two backside layups. It changed the offense and it made the double follow. Great gameplan and adjustment. With that triangle of Kopp, TJD and Tamar made the offense cook.
Absolutely correct in this one. I loved the response to those doubles.

Agree.
I've been really impressed with Bates's D the last 2 games. Seems he has figured out that's what it takes to see the floor.
His defense has been much better. If he can continue to improve there, he will see his minutes go up. And as he gets more steady minutes, I think he will be more consistent on the offensive end. Need to get him some drives to the basket early in games IMO.

That kid needs a jump start like that sometimes.

Reactions: mk30
Good post. I also saw new action with Reneau playing opposite block from TJD. A good entry pass to him, the help is super slow because it's off TJD. Reneau has some confidence and can cause problems with the ball deep. He wasn't there two weeks ago. Really good sign for remainder of the season. There is real depth in the front court.

Good post. I also saw new action with Reneau playing opposite block from TJD. A good entry pass to him, the help is super slow because it's off TJD. Reneau has some confidence and can cause problems with the ball deep. He wasn't there two weeks ago. Really good sign for remainder of the season. There is real depth in the front court.
Normally Race is that guy. Definitely something that was missing in those losses. I think it’s a role. IU is hurting teams in multiple ways.

And best D of the conference season for Malik. He was the one to shut down Houser when he was red hot.

Watching him learn to play post defense has been painful, but he’s soooo much better now. Playing like a true big man!
Him and JG both need to move their feet. They still foul way to much. JG fouled out with 13 min. Malik had 21 min.

TG played great!

They very likely won’t win the conference, due to their poor start, but by March they could end up being the best team in the B1G, just like everyone predicted.

Him and JG both need to move their feet. They still foul way to much. JG fouled out with 13 min. Malik had 21 min.
If we can have an effective bench, as we have lately, we have 45 fouls to give per game. Make them zebras have asthma attach on the whistle. Maybe draw some first blood while at it.

TG played great!

MSU lost 2 of 3 heading into Bloomington. Including a home loss to the Purdue. Cooling them off might be a stretch. 😂

Reactions: mobilehoosier
They very likely won’t win the conference, due to their poor start, but by March they could end up being the best team in the B1G, just like everyone predicted.
Possible if we are healthy and keep improving. Effort has to stay high and can’t have more injuries. We have been hit hard.

MSU lost 2 of 3 heading into Bloomington. Including a home loss to the Purdue. Cooling them off might be a stretch. 😂
Lame. Purdoo barely escaped and they lost to IL away and they have been HOT. They also spanked Rutgers… They were on a big run. Try again

Lame. Purdoo barely escaped and they lost to IL away and they have been HOT. They also spanked Rutgers… They were on a big run. Try again
A team that lost 3 of their past 4 was cooled off? Yep there is definitely a lame take here…not mine.

A team that lost 3 of their past 4 was cooled off? Yep there is definitely a lame take here…not mine.
What does that commercial say. You'll be glad you got moinked. There's some Issac Haas NIL money, before it's time. Dirty fvcker.

Now you are changing it from 2 of last 3 to 3 or last 4 because we trounced them? Go pork a Purdoo fatty

Today was the first time I noticed his wingspan. He has go go gadget arms and was disruptive.
We said the same thing in the warm ups. His length and athleticism is what we need to defend in the back court. He seems to be figuring out the effort required to be good on both ends of the court. He was missing something since Christmas break. Maybe it was the winner in the baby crawl he was missing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT