ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Trial - New York

What do you think is the most likely outcome in the New York trial?

• A guilty verdict on some or all of the counts

• An acquittal ("total exoneration!")

• A hung jury (jury cannot reach a unanimous decision and a mistrial is declared)

• Trump pleads guilty to something prior to a verdict being rendered

• Other (for example, a mistrial based on something other than a hung jury)

Results are only viewable after voting.
lol, Trump has already attacked those institutions, norms and conventions and have proven to be a great danger to our democracy.

Look at the links I posted above about how the GOP is actively trying to destroy our democracy on Trump's behalf.

So yes, take out Trump by any legal means necessary.
You're beyond help. You and the dem press point to crap that is taking place right now under this admin.

From censoring speech, to spying on Americans, and Americans bank accounts, to going after political opponents which has now been proven through redacted material. Nazi America is here now under this admin. Your so called "elected representatives", waive Ukraine Flags on the floor and send billions to the most corrupt country on the planet while cheering. They are run by 3 letter organizations who have intimidated them to keep wars alive by sending more money and passing surveillance against its citizens while you think it's well intended.

Matt Taibbi just wrote a great article about it. Remember him he was once a strong dem and saw what these Nazi's under the Biden admin are getting away with FIRST HAND. He experienced it!!!

https://www.racket.news/p/saturday-massacre-in-congress

Yet after all that you think Trump is the Hitler while this admin is on full display doing exactly what you think trump is going to do when he did the opposite while in charge. This republic is long gone buddy and it is not because of President Trump.

trump isn’t the first to sanitize his past and use/manipulate the media. I have no doubt he is guilty. But what are the consequences. He lost ny. It’s a misd offense bc it isn’t serious. If it can be pretzeled into a felony it’s the lowest class. He won’t go to jail

It’s a case that calls for prosecutorial discretion as the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. But here you have an overtly biased prosecutor. That is a larger issue than what trump has done.

Finally discretion again. This is a silly case that distracts from the others and provides voters fodder to argue they’re just out to get him.

Not a good case to file
Guilty of what, though? Covering up something that isn't a crime anyway?

NDA are not illegal, nor is trying to quash stories a crime, unless there's some kind of violence involved. The DOJ and media quash stories all the time.

I don't doubt Trump paid off Stormy, but so what?

oh sure sure you do. YOU'RE LEAVING BEFORE DANC WAKES UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is what they do. try to get their shots in while danc is sleeping
I was up, just at the therapist.

This discussion here is just tiring. It makes me sad to see what our DOJ has become - the Gestapo arm of the Democrat Party.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I think there is zero doubt the NY judge will be as crooked as possible. Just look at the NY judge, Erdogan. The people that hate Trump will just assume it's normal judicial conduct.
Season 5 Lol GIF by Pee-wee Herman
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I didn’t say any of those things. I only list facts. He is a criminal. He is a repeat sexual offender. He is a habitual liar. Trump has broken every norm and convention and societal construct. Nearly everyone who has worked for him will attest to the fact that he is unfit for office. I believe them. Don’t you?
Don't get hysterical, sweet cheeks.

Falsified entries
Guilty of what, though? Covering up something that isn't a crime anyway?

NDA are not illegal, nor is trying to quash stories a crime, unless there's some kind of violence involved. The DOJ and media quash stories all the time.

I don't doubt Trump paid off Stormy, but so what?

And there it is.

Since Trump is so evil--the next HITLER and equal to a mass murderer in Al Capone--any and every means may be used to handicap him and make sure he can't win again, no matter the damage to our institutions, norms, or conventions.

That kind of thinking is, in fact, a very great danger in a multicultural democracy.
Not only to attack Trump, but protect your own.

The Senate voting to not even hear the impeachment articles on Mayorkas is just throwing the Constitution aside and shredding it. Ignoring norms and traditions is all part of weaponizing the DOJ.

I didn’t say any of those things. I only list facts. He is a criminal. He is a repeat sexual offender. He is a habitual liar. Trump has broken every norm and convention and societal construct. Nearly everyone who has worked for him will attest to the fact that he is unfit for office. I believe them. Don’t you?
Horrible the things he did while in office. SMH

Reactions: DANC
You never posted anything the least bit interesting, informative or even entertaining on this board.

That fact somebody like you even reads my posts leads me to think I’ve lost a step.
So much for your signature that's critical of ad hominem rhetoric. Lol.

There are posters here who live in red bubbles and/or pro-Trump echo chambers. Most of them presumably have little interest in critical thinking and even less experience in actually engaging in it. I don't blame them for their political stance, and I rarely argue with them.

You, on the other hand, are educated and claim to have practiced law. You should know better.

You've lost much more than a step. Your posts reflect little more than hyper-partisan hackery.

Horrible the things he did while in office.
Oh yeah he was is/a great fan of diversity!

"Where's my black guy? Where is he?"

:rolleyes:

Oh yeah he was a great fan of diversity!

Trump pardoned Kodak black. Trump is colorblind. Biden thinks poor kids have a chance to be as smart as whites

Jeebus. That’s dumb as hell.
You're the one who brought up the "lap top" and how "suppressing it" was "election interference". So what do you think was on the laptop that was TRUE that would have kept Biden from being elected? And where did all of these allegations of "wrong doing" by Biden in Ukraine originate from?

In a hearing before the House Oversight Committee on March 19, 2024 Lev Parnas discussed the subject of Bidens supposed criminal activity involving Ukraine. Much of this info was previously detailed in his letter to Comer last summer, and would have been presented at Trump's first Impeachment trial, had Senate GOP members not blocked the appearances of live witnesses during the trial phase...

Of particular interest to our purposes here is the formation and composition of the "BLT Team" formed under Trump's direction in early 2019 and named after the steakhouse in Manhattan where they met regularly. Not only did it include Rudy and Lev (as the chief investigator), but also John Soloman and (then) GOP Rep Devin Nunes, who is now leading the Truth Social trainwreck.

In addition Sen Ron Johnson did not attend meetings, but was characterized by Lev as the point man in the Senate. His job was to push all of the fake narratives based on "facts" the team was supposedly uncovering...Solomon and his colleagues at Fox (like Sean Hannity) were doing likewise within the right wing echo chamber.

In his statement Lev describes all of his investigative efforts to find dirt on Biden/Ukraine, which included face to face meetings with Shokin,Poroshenko, Lutsenko and numerous other oligarchs and supposed "informants". He not only travelled thruout Ukraine, but also to London,Vienna, Poland and other locations as well. He not only witnessed what he characterized as the "shadow diplomacy" being orchestrated by Trump/Rudy, but also the conspiracy involved...

"In my travels, I found precisely zero proof of the Bidens’ criminality. Instead, what I learned in that timeframe was the true nature of the conspiracy that the Kremlin was forcing through Russian, Ukrainian, American, and other channels to interfere in our elections. Ultimately this was meant to benefit Trump’s re-election, which would in turn benefit Vladimir Putin."

Now the theme of Russian involvement to benefit Putin by getting Trump re-elected is coincidentally enough what Alexander Smirnov has told investigators he was a part of. And last year there were 3 former Ukranian politicos charged with being a part of a GRU plot to undermine Biden's credibility and embarrass Ukraine by speading false rumours of Biden being bribed. Not even Shokin believed the "bribery" claims, until he met with Rudy and was "convinced" that it was in fact what had happened...

Again remember what Trump was Impeached for the first time, for trying to blackmail Ukraine into launching a fake investigation into Biden. It wasn't just the "perfect phone call", but also the behind the scenes manipulation. This recounting of a meeting between Rudy,Lev and Lutsenko is a prime example...Lev recounts...

"One memory from this time especially stuck with me. After a heated argument with Giuliani about his lack of results, Lutsenko turned to me and said, “You Americans constantly talk about fighting political corruption. But how ironic that you are now doing the exact same thing [to Ukraine]. You’re pushing us and forcing us to announce a fake investigation against a political rival for your own gains.”

I'd say it's no wonder the GOP didn't want Lev to testify during Trump's Senate trial. And with regards to the laptop, which you apparently feel was criminally suppressed, In his letter to Comer of last summer in which he urged the GOP to abandon their ridiculous attempt to Impeach Biden, Parnas revealed the details of a metting he ,Rudy and others from BLT had with Vitoli Pruss in June 2019.

Here is Parnas reading the letter he wrote to Comer last summer. The entire video is illuminating but if you want to skip ahead I'd suggest about 18 mins in, shortly before the meeting with Pruss is discused...

Check the date of the meeting, discussion of the trip to Kazakhistan as having occurred earlier in the year, and the date the "laptop" appeared out of nowhere...Ever reference I've seen claims that Mac Issac reported that Hunter left the laptop in April 2019, which means after the trip to Kazakhstan when according to Pruss, the laptop was compromised by GRU agents

You’re just talking in gossip. You can compare gas prices. Food prices. Home prices. Car prices. You can see the backlash to EV. you can compare crossings under trump and Biden. You can look at police stats and compare numbers from defunding to reversing. That’s data. The rest is meaningless
It’s Facebook and TikTok drivel. Zero policy discussion.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Must have been a LOT of single women voting in the PA Primary yesterday. For starters, Trump only got about 80% of the roughly 461,000 votes cast in the GOP Primary. Nikki got over 100,000 votes, roughly 2+ months after she dropped out...

On the other hand in the Dem Primary, where over 680,000 votes were cast Biden got a whopping 94% of the vote and over 635,000 votes. Not only is that a pretty huge discrepancy between GOP and Dem voters bothering to vote, but it means that over 100,000 Registered GOP voters (PA is a closed Primary state) turned out just to show their displeasure with Trump and cast an actual vote against him...

And as if Trump needed more bad news in PA, Biden actually got 20,000 more votes last night than Obama got in the 2012 primary. That means as an incumbent running vs Dean Phillips Biden got 20,000 more votes than Obama got running as an unopposed incumbent in 2012.

Obama ended up winning PA by over 10%. So not to sound too overconfidant, but I'd say any poll that shows Trump leading in PA is at the very least suspect...

Reactions: Bowlmania
Must have been a LOT of single women voting in the PA Primary yesterday. For starters, Trump only got about 80% of the roughly 461,000 votes cast in the GOP Primary. Nikki got over 100,000 votes, roughly 2+ months after she dropped out...

On the other hand in the Dem Primary, where over 680,000 votes were cast Biden got a whopping 94% of the vote and over 635,000 votes. Not only is that a pretty huge discrepancy between GOP and Dem voters bothering to vote, but it means that over 100,000 Registered GOP voters (PA is a closed Primary state) turned out just to show their displeasure with Trump and cast an actual vote against him...

And as if Trump needed more bad news in PA, Biden actually got 20,000 more votes last night than Obama got in the 2012 primary. That means as an incumbent running vs Dean Phillips Biden got 20,000 more votes than Obama got running as an unopposed incumbent in 2012.

Obama ended up winning PA by over 10%. So not to sound too overconfidant, but I'd say any poll that shows Trump leading in PA is at the very least suspect...

Oh yeah he was is/a great fan of diversity!

"Where's my black guy? Where is he?"

I get the feeling Trump does not care about color at all. Qualified? Absolutely, but color no. So yes some of the hires that he made were not good however, I don't think he had a clue how deep and compromised DC is. It's as bad as Hollywood, maybe even worse. I could not even imagine working in that cesspool. There is probably unheard of blackmail, threats, and cancellation going on constantly. Imagine working in that and raising a family. HELL NO!

Statewide PA elections are now decided in the Philly suburbs (e.g. Chester, Montgomery, Bucks counties, etc.) and Trump is plummeting there, particularly among women. Obama and Shapiro will lead the get-out-the-vote charge, and Trump will be defeated in the Keystone State. His campaign would be wise to expend precious resources elsewhere - - maybe in his home state of Florida where the Right to Abortion Initiative, on November's ballot, could make that state competitive.

Reactions: outside shooter
Statewide PA elections are now decided in the Philly suburbs (e.g. Chester, Montgomery, Bucks counties, etc.) and Trump is plummeting there, particularly among women. Obama and Shapiro will lead the get-out-the-vote charge, and Trump will be defeated in the Keystone State. His campaign would be wise to expend precious resources elsewhere - - maybe in his home state of Florida where the Right to Abortion Initiative, on November's ballot, could make that state competitive.
What is abortion?
What is trans?
What is a woman?

Hard questions for far too many

I don't think he had a clue how deep and compromised DC is. It's as bad as Hollywood, maybe even worse. I could not even imagine working in that cesspool... Imagine working in that and raising a family. HELL NO!
He had a good idea of how deep and compromised DC could become, and that only he could make it a true cesspool. Imagine working to further his criminal enterprises. HELL NO!

He had a good idea of how deep and compromised DC could become, and that only he could make it a true cesspool. Imagine working to further his criminal enterprises. HELL NO!
So in other words what congress did last Saturday was okay with you and none of those dems waving Ukraine flags and cheering are the cesspool.

So in other words what congress did last Saturday was okay with you and none of those dems waving Ukraine flags and cheering are the cesspool.
What bothered me most was legislators after passing that bill saying self-congratulatory nonsense.

"Today we showed the America, does not run from the world stage"

"America stands strong in the face of bad actors in the world"

You would think these dweebs just stormed the beaches of Normandy or something rather than stroking a massive check with taxpayer money.

You're the one who brought up the "lap top" and how "suppressing it" was "election interference". So what do you think was on the laptop that was TRUE that would have kept Biden from being elected? And where did all of these allegations of "wrong doing" by Biden in Ukraine originate from?

In a hearing before the House Oversight Committee on March 19, 2024 Lev Parnas discussed the subject of Bidens supposed criminal activity involving Ukraine. Much of this info was previously detailed in his letter to Comer last summer, and would have been presented at Trump's first Impeachment trial, had Senate GOP members not blocked the appearances of live witnesses during the trial phase...

Of particular interest to our purposes here is the formation and composition of the "BLT Team" formed under Trump's direction in early 2019 and named after the steakhouse in Manhattan where they met regularly. Not only did it include Rudy and Lev (as the chief investigator), but also John Soloman and (then) GOP Rep Devin Nunes, who is now leading the Truth Social trainwreck.

In addition Sen Ron Johnson did not attend meetings, but was characterized by Lev as the point man in the Senate. His job was to push all of the fake narratives based on "facts" the team was supposedly uncovering...Solomon and his colleagues at Fox (like Sean Hannity) were doing likewise within the right wing echo chamber.

In his statement Lev describes all of his investigative efforts to find dirt on Biden/Ukraine, which included face to face meetings with Shokin,Poroshenko, Lutsenko and numerous other oligarchs and supposed "informants". He not only travelled thruout Ukraine, but also to London,Vienna, Poland and other locations as well. He not only witnessed what he characterized as the "shadow diplomacy" being orchestrated by Trump/Rudy, but also the conspiracy involved...

"In my travels, I found precisely zero proof of the Bidens’ criminality. Instead, what I learned in that timeframe was the true nature of the conspiracy that the Kremlin was forcing through Russian, Ukrainian, American, and other channels to interfere in our elections. Ultimately this was meant to benefit Trump’s re-election, which would in turn benefit Vladimir Putin."

Now the theme of Russian involvement to benefit Putin by getting Trump re-elected is coincidentally enough what Alexander Smirnov has told investigators he was a part of. And last year there were 3 former Ukranian politicos charged with being a part of a GRU plot to undermine Biden's credibility and embarrass Ukraine by speading false rumours of Biden being bribed. Not even Shokin believed the "bribery" claims, until he met with Rudy and was "convinced" that it was in fact what had happened...

Again remember what Trump was Impeached for the first time, for trying to blackmail Ukraine into launching a fake investigation into Biden. It wasn't just the "perfect phone call", but also the behind the scenes manipulation. This recounting of a meeting between Rudy,Lev and Lutsenko is a prime example...Lev recounts...

"One memory from this time especially stuck with me. After a heated argument with Giuliani about his lack of results, Lutsenko turned to me and said, “You Americans constantly talk about fighting political corruption. But how ironic that you are now doing the exact same thing [to Ukraine]. You’re pushing us and forcing us to announce a fake investigation against a political rival for your own gains.”

I'd say it's no wonder the GOP didn't want Lev to testify during Trump's Senate trial. And with regards to the laptop, which you apparently feel was criminally suppressed, In his letter to Comer of last summer in which he urged the GOP to abandon their ridiculous attempt to Impeach Biden, Parnas revealed the details of a metting he ,Rudy and others from BLT had with Vitoli Pruss in June 2019.

Here is Parnas reading the letter he wrote to Comer last summer. The entire video is illuminating but if you want to skip ahead I'd suggest about 18 mins in, shortly before the meeting with Pruss is discused...

Check the date of the meeting, discussion of the trip to Kazakhistan as having occurred earlier in the year, and the date the "laptop" appeared out of nowhere...Ever reference I've seen claims that Mac Issac reported that Hunter left the laptop in April 2019, which means after the trip to Kazakhstan when according to Pruss, the laptop was compromised by GRU agents

I have no clue what was o the laptop besides Hunters perversions. That’s the problem. Biden, Blinken, 51 intelligence officials, most of the media, the FBI, big tech, and others went ape shit about it.

I assume Biden had a reason to lie about it at the debate and the media industrial complex had their reasons to hide it.

Of course you do. You've already posted 8-10 times in this very thread.

A hung jury is a possibility, especially for the felonies, so he might not get convicted in this trial. If that happens, he might face a retrial.

But it doesn't look like the misdemeanor falsification charges are very complicated. Being convicted on 30+ misdemeanors in a single trial is a real possibility too.

If he's convicted, I hope Trump says exactly what you suggested that he say. That judge isn't going to back down from Trump.
FYI only (not piling on).

TV commentators said last night that the prosecutor must prove that influencing the election was a substantial factor in Trump's decision to falsify documents (not the only factor).

One of them said the standard could never be to require proof that Trump's only reason for falsifying documents was to influence the election, or there would never be a conviction under this standard.

FYI only (not piling on).

TV commentators said last night that the prosecutor must prove that influencing the election was a substantial factor in Trump's decision to falsify documents (not the only factor).

One of them said the standard could never be to require proof that Trump's only reason for falsifying documents was to influence the election, or there would never be a conviction under this standard.

Anyone think Melania would have been pouring through the financial documents to see if Trump was cheating on her?

I wonder if they could put Melania on the stand to see if she EVER looked at those statements to point where Trump would have had a valid reason to feel the need to falsify them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT