ADVERTISEMENT

Trump indicted….again

Evan Bayh for my part. I can't forget the class he showed his last year in office.

Now, if you want to throw a monkey wrench into the gears, then Obama is the guy. I don't see anything in the 22nd Amendment that bars him from running for vice president.

Yes but you have to also consider the 12th Amendment that says, "[N]o person constitutionally ineligible to the office of president shall be eligible to that of vice president of the United States."

Yes but you have to also consider the 12th Amendment that says, "[N]o person constitutionally ineligible to the office of president shall be eligible to that of vice president of the United States."
This is the part of studying law that I enjoyed the most, being an anal-retentive pedant, and all. When the 12th was passed, the eligibility referred to was clearly those qualifications laid out in Article II, plus a lack of disqualification upon an impeachment and subsequent conviction as laid out in Article I. But when they passed the 22nd, does the eligibility for election to the Presidency go back in time and become part of the qualifications for holding the Presidency under the 12th?

Spoiler alert: scholars do not agree on a single answer.

I have someone in mind to replace her but would like to first hear any other suggestions others might have. Who you got?

I threw these names out in another discussion a while back:

Polis
Shapiro
Tester

yeah, I know I know, three white men.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Not eligible to be elected President. It doesn't say anything about his eligibility to be elected Vice-President.
I believe John Quincy Adams and Andrew Johnson are the only ex-Presidents that later became members of Congress.

It doesn't seem inconceivable that an ex-President could later run for the House and become Speaker of the House, thus part of the line of succession.

I threw these names out in another discussion a while back:

Polis
Shapiro
Tester

yeah, I know I know, three white men.
Shapiro needs to stay full term in his current role. Tester is a no because Dems would lose the seat.

Buttigieg. I’m not even joking anymore.

I have been a Pete fan since the 2020 primaries, but his image needs some time to recharge.
Doesn’t have to happen today. Roe and the trans wars have helped shuffle any real problems to the back so he’s been able to blend back in. Supply chains seem to be getting back up to speed. Slowly, but still. 0% of that might have been a result of anything he did but he looks better now than he has in some time.

I like wonks. I’d even consider technocrats viable if it weren’t for the AI cloud.

Doesn’t have to happen today. Roe and the trans wars have helped shuffle any real problems to the back so he’s been able to blend back in. Supply chains seem to be getting back up to speed. Slowly, but still. 0% of that might have been a result of anything he did but he looks better now than he has in some time.

I like wonks. I’d even consider technocrats viable if it weren’t for the AI cloud.
Threadjack because I can't remember which AI thread is active.

Why isn't the solution to simply not worry about AI, but to get rid of automatons? The drone that kills its operator is only a danger because it has access to the trigger. If the AI only has access to the system identifying targets, and the human operator is the only one with access to the firing mechanism, doesn't that solve the problem?

Why isn't the solution to simply not worry about AI, but to get rid of automatons? The drone that kills its operator is only a danger because it has access to the trigger. If the AI only has access to the system identifying targets, and the human operator is the only one with access to the firing mechanism, doesn't that solve the problem?
I’m not sure I fear T-1000s running around. I’m leery of the immense change to our way of life which could occur over a very short period of time motivated solely by profit.

What you’ve described above is similar to exception management. Build a process which works 90% of the time or covers 85% of all possible scenarios and you deal with the rest.

AI will wipe out swaths of jobs overnight. And once corps shoot that shit up…well.

goat I want make really clear, see you tomorrow, I am going to bed!

Reactions: larsIU
Can you imagine how much money Trump could make if he just buckled down and focused on his business, instead of dumb stuff that makes him look ridiculous?
Dumb crooked evil people do dumb crooked evil things. They cannot help it.

I get ya man, I swear I do.
But someone is going to start sending lead down field if there isn’t a quick and decisive course correction. I’m just trying to alert people that we are on the edge of the envelope.
There’s not one person here that honestly can deny the multi tiered laws, if they’re honest.
We are on a powder keg, if DC doesn’t put some of its own legacy people in cages soon, it’s going to get ugly, fast!
J6 was a family reunion, with 30-40 bad actors.
Consider 300,000 of which many are current military.
Get DC, those who work for us, under control, the natives will calm down. But Let it continue, we all hurt badly very soon.
This isn’t from me, but If you can’t see the storm brewing then I don’t know how I can help you/ us.
Seriously unhinged. Slow down and think.

Every Dem or Independent that I have ever encountered want nothing to do with even the POSSIBILITY of this scumbag being on ANY ballot. They want to rid the air of his foul stench, forever, even if it means running against a potentially more viable GOP candidate in '24. If there's a 1 in 6 chance of him actually WINNING, you are playing Russian roulette. To say NOTHING of the damage he can do even after LOSING (again).
Yep, that's the Democrat way - keep your opponent off the ballot.

That's some real Democracy right there.

I am not. How have you allowed yourself to be bought off to promote what DC is getting away with?
How? You’re a warrior. You’ve protected us all. But now you promote or at least are agreeable to allowing a banana republic cabal tear down all you fought for. I honestly don’t get it.
British troops protected us, too, until we decided to kick them out.

Guess which side Aloha would have been on.

I agree with you we are living in a post constitutional republic with unequal justice under the law for Ds & Rs. Here is just another example....when you come to what Hillary did and what Biden has done with the shell corporations. It's the Corrupt swamp on display for all to see.

Where I disagree with you is your radical response of talking bullets and the like above......settle down man.

Take a breath and consider God is in charge, and in the end it is a SHORT existence here & comes down to is Christ your Lord & Savior.....or not? The rest is just all window dressing.
95% of pre-Revolution British citizens in the American colonies didn't agree with violence against the Crown.

All it took was the Sons of Liberty to light the match.

Common Americans won't take up arms against the government. But the ones who might could cause a helluva reaction.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Speaking of news babes... Danya Perry, just on MSNBC as a legal analyst/commentator... yowza...

Pretty average, as hot TV lawyers go.

Hilarious watching the local West Palm News, on the scene at Mar-a-Lago, talking to a few Trump cult members gathered on the street. A real Mensa party, for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT