ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Allen has to go

You’re obviously lost. We’re here talking IU football. You know nothing about that, especially compared to those of us who have been IU fans / grads for decades. Take your troll act somewhere else.
Lol. Ok Ordy
Interesting dynamic as I am the same poster posting the same info, and opinions and parking in the same spot as I did last year and the 20 years before that

You also are the same poster but instead pretending to be someone different than last year and different again from the year before and the year befor so you have to come in with new crap each year.

Hint. You fool no one Ordy

Ding

Lol. Ok Ordy
Interesting dynamic as I am the same poster posting the same info, and opinions and parking in the same spot as I did last year and the 20 years before that

You also are the same poster but instead pretending to be someone different than last year and different again from the year before and the year befor so you have to come in with new crap each year.

Hint. You fool no one Ordy

Ding
You’re the same poster who follows me here constantly and makes all kinds of nonsensical accusations, never with any support whatsoever. You’re also the poster on an IU football board who never actually talks IU football, who never talks strategy or coaches or players or details of games, who never participates in the fun but harmless prediction threads, and who never shows that you actually know something about the program I’ve followed for decades (well before I graduated from IU). You’re a worthless troll.

You’re the same poster who follows me here constantly and makes all kinds of nonsensical accusations, never with any support whatsoever. You’re also the poster on an IU football board who never actually talks IU football, who never talks strategy or coaches or players or details of games, who never participates in the fun but harmless prediction threads, and who never shows that you actually know something about the program I’ve followed for decades (well before I graduated from IU). You’re a worthless troll.
Classic Projection rooted in insecurity and low self esteem

Look it up Ordy

Reactions: YOTHN

Look it up Ordy

I have asked before and obviously it never works and I know the definition of insanity but....

For God's sake, quit engaging him!! You are AS MUCH the problem as he is and both of you trash threads. As a matter of fact, in this thread, it was YOU that started the trolling talk! He didn't ask you how long you had been a fan.

IMO, the mods should ban BOTH of you.

Look it up Ordy
You showed up here today to troll me. It’s there for everyone to see . And you never, ever talk IU football, for obvious reasons. It is, by far, your biggest contribution here. Now, go away and please stop trashing yet another thread.

I have asked before and obviously it never works and I know the definition of insanity but....

For God's sake, quit engaging him!! You are AS MUCH the problem as he is and both of you trash threads. As a matter of fact, in this thread, it was YOU that started the trolling talk! He didn't ask you how long you had been a fan.

My apologies, but the guy showed up specifically to do this. It’s what he does. No more responses to him from me today. You, me and the rest of us can just talk IU football.

Reactions: IndyGlen

If the mod wants to ban one of the most loyal long long time solid posters (33K posts and 20K likes) here in favor of the single most prolific career troll both here and previously on Peegs that has been banned no less than 15 times...Have at it.

I have 100X the quality sports posts that Ordy has under this name and 20X the number of all of his 15 user names combined.

Have At It

If the mod wants to ban one of the most loyal long long time solid posters (33K posts and 20K likes) here in favor of the single most prolific career troll both here and previously on Peegs that has been banned no less than 15 times...Have at it.

I have 100X the quality sports posts that Ordy has under this name and 20X the number of all of his 15 user names combined.

Have At It
Ban both. Also, you talking about how well respected you are on this board actually made me.pity you

Last edited:
Nebraska

Nebraska has had five straight losing seasons and still sells out their stadium ever single game, and their fans don't leave in droves at the first sign of adversity like ours always do.

Indiana, on the other hand, and this is just one example, played in front of a half-empty stadium in the midst of their best season in decades against Northwestern in 2019, that, big shock, got even more empty at halftime on a day with absolutely beautiful weather.

Nebraska fans, and any real fans, are there for the team no matter what. Indiana football "fans" mostly can't even bother to show up or stick around in even the fairest of fair-weather scenarios.
You ever been to Nebraska? The weekends when U of N has a game Memorial stadium becomes the second largest city in the state. The Nebraska folks have literally nothing else to root for. There are no professioinal franchises in any sport. So not sure their fans are so loyal as they are with nothing else to do.

Could IU fans be better? Absolutely. Ticket holders at IU football games who either leave at halftime and never come back or who buy tickets but never even walk into the stadium preferring to stay outside tailgating are terrible, not really fans. There really shouldn't be an option to return if you walk outside the stadium at halftime, though most don't return anyway.

But, like many arguments there are two sides. What really has IU football done over the years to deserve even the fan support it gets. I've been an IU fan for way longer than I want to admit, but in that time IU has had a terrible record with a really bad football product, almost unwatchable due to the dumb mistakes and incompetent coaches, the vast majority of the time. IU athletics administrators have been so inept so often in hiring decisions that you almost have to wonder if they're trying to be bad.

Lighten up, at least they still have enough concern that they care about the product. There is ample reason for no one to care.

Success doesn't matter, and shouldn't f*cking matter, for fan support. You should want your team to win, and you shouldn't tolerate failure, but you also shouldn't look for the first ****ing excuse to throw the team and coaching staff under the bus every single week and in every single situation like our does.

No recruit would choose to play in front of our half-empty stadium full of fans that are just looking for reasons to hate them and decide they suck over the chance to play in front of a roaring crowd of fans that are pulling for their success.
You've lost your mind...knu has had tremendous success on the football field. During the 90's they won 3 national championships. Check out that basketball attendance lately? It's in the sh!tter.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...l-fans-coach-fred-hoiberg-huskers/6696596001/

As far as recruiting I'll give Allen credit he just had a banner class. His coaching however? Its year 6. Funny how the best damn year we had under Allen was the f*cked up covid year with nobody in the stands. These recruits, and juniors and seniors he recruited are going backwards. There is no excuse for the kind of football we are playing currently. Its time to move on, but I have no clue who we could get and KEEP if they are successful.

You've lost your mind...knu has had tremendous success on the football field. During the 90's they won 3 national championships. Check out that basketball attendance lately? It's in the sh!tter.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...l-fans-coach-fred-hoiberg-huskers/6696596001/

As far as recruiting I'll give Allen credit he just had a banner class. His coaching however? Its year 6. Funny how the best damn year we had under Allen was the f*cked up covid year with nobody in the stands. These recruits, and juniors and seniors he recruited are going backwards. There is no excuse for the kind of football we are playing currently. Its time to move on, but I have no clue who we could get and KEEP if they are successful.
I'm not giving up on Allen yet. I don't like the trend, but I want to see what we do the rest of the year.

Whatever happens, he'll be here through next year. That would give this year's recruiting class an opportunity to see how they'll pan out.

I think his rah rah might have been just the thing in the covid yr and I hope we never have another one. Just an example it seemed to work the other way with Franklin at PSU for one. Reports of being very detached and family living somewhere else. Allen may have been the right guy for that yr but the outrageous contract? Exactly who did we think was coming after him to coach?

Reactions: Indianaftw

I just love how Allen's detractors just leave 2019 out of the story so they can present him as a failure that just had one good year in a fluky situation and nothing else when that is blatantly untrue.

Get a facking room.
I know I should put Ordy on ignore like most others do with each new username of his, but I honestly yearn for the days before he chased so many good posters off.

But I also yearn for good Football at my beloved University and that ain't happening either.

If you have 2 good years and 4 bad years, should it be enough to keep your job? Even at IU?
No, however, his job is protected because once again we have an AD that vastly overrates what they have in their hand. The buyout is insane. You would be hard pressed to name 10 programs just 2 years out from all the losses the schools took because of COVID, that would be willing to eat another $30 million on a buyout. Particularly for a guy who is very unlikely to find a job that would come anywhere close to offsetting much of that buyout.

We can complain about the situation but it is probably not changing for at least 2 years because his buyout is ridiculously high for his results.

Reactions: DANC
I just love how Allen's detractors just leave 2019 out of the story so they can present him as a failure that just had one good year in a fluky situation and nothing else when that is blatantly untrue.
Agreed, or when they claim 2020 was a fluke because IU was the only school in the nation that did not have to deal with Covid. TA has had two great seasons and that has to be part of any fact based discussion.

Reactions: DANC
He did ok for non revenue sports, but Fred Glass decimated both football and basketball with bad coaches and worse contracts.
He built things and had a vision for that, but his lack of experience in hiring coaches and overseeing programs really hurt us, and it’s why the BOT lost confidence in him, hastening his decision to leave.

He did ok for non revenue sports, but Fred Glass decimated both football and basketball with bad coaches and worse contracts.
Fred did far...far more good than bad, but he clearly made some choices that did not pan out. To be fair , Fred didn't always have a lot of help...the BOT delaying his desire to move on Tom Crean is just one example. IU could have handled the Sampscum situation much differently; ridding us of the cancer without gutting the program.

IU's BOT has done a number on IU athletics dating back to Davis and Sampson. Most fans aren't going to look this deeply and jusy blame the AD or the HC.

Fandom 101

Reactions: DANC and 76-1

Have At It

Man, you just don't get it do you?
As far as trashed threads, you are right there with him because you respond to him. It takes two to trash threads and YOU are one of the two that do it the most!

As far as he goes, IMO, lately he has been talking about IU football regardless of where his allegiance lies.
You are the one that posted....

"Win big game. Run to IU board to pile on." IMO, instigating the problem in this thread.

Pretty simple, QUIT responding to him!!

As far as trashed threads, you are right there with him because you respond to him. It takes two to trash threads and YOU are one of the two that do it the most!

As far as he goes, IMO, lately he has been talking about IU football regardless of where his allegiance lies.

"Win big game. Run to IU board to pile on." IMO, instigating the problem in this thread.

I’m just trying, as a lifelong IU fan and graduate, to talk IU football. Can we just let this thread die so we can get back to that? Thanks.

That is a two way street Al. And yes, I know I should do as most others do and put him on ignore with each new post-ban name he creates. There is a reason he is still banned on the Hoops and Water cooler. The mod here is clueless.

As a long time poster here who saw this place before it was trashed by ordy and a couple others...I get it far more than some. But as I said...Have at it.

• Haha
Reactions: Jackskip23
Look, I fully support Tom Allen. 2019 was a good year but we are going backwards at this point. If I saw something (consistency) in this team that gave us some hope I would not be saying a change needs made. The last two ballgames are eerily similar to last year's debacle. It's not good. He has the rest of the year but we are light years apart from the big dogs in the east and will be auto losses for all of them.

Dolson needs to think long term, big, and get after it or we will continue to be bottom feeders.

Look, I fully support Tom Allen. 2019 was a good year but we are going backwards at this point. If I saw something (consistency) in this team that gave us some hope I would not be saying a change needs made. The last two ballgames are eerily similar to last year's debacle. It's not good. He has the rest of the year but we are light years apart from the big dogs in the east and will be auto losses for all of them.

Dolson needs to think long term, big, and get after it or we will continue to be bottom feeders.
I’m not sure Scott has the background to make a hire like this (and there’s no opening, nor is there likely to be). That’s the problem we continue to have.

2019 was the year we beat teams with loosing records. 2020 was covid and IU was very fortunate to have an outbreak in the fall and pretty much go the remainder of the season without covid issues.

Reactions: IUgradman
2019 was the year we beat teams with loosing records. 2020 was covid and IU was very fortunate to have an outbreak in the fall and pretty much go the remainder of the season without covid issues.
The major outbreak was mid to late summer. By the time school started we were mostly past it, with a relatively few cases once we started to practice and play. It turned out to be a big plus as we were able to practice and prepare with a mostly intact squad, while a number of others were not. Coach Allen set us up accordingly, and it was a really smart move on his part.

Reactions: bang63
I'm not giving up on Allen yet. I don't like the trend, but I want to see what we do the rest of the year.

Whatever happens, he'll be here through next year. That would give this year's recruiting class an opportunity to see how they'll pan out.
I agree he'll get until the end of next year.

With respect to this recruiting class.....other than the huge exception of DM, are any of them making a positive impact on this exceedingly mediocre team? That says to me that none are so talented that they jump out as no brainers to get pt.

Last edited:
I agree he'll get until the end of next year.

With respect to this recruiting class.....other than the huge exception of DM, are any of them making a positive impact of this exceedingly mediocre team? That says to me that none are so talented that they jump out as no brainers to get pt.
I think some others are seeing time - Lucas, for one - and I think some are on the 2-deep chart.

We may start seeing more of them as the season progresses. Even AT was held out by Mal until well after the season started.

I know I should put Ordy on ignore like most others do with each new username of his, but I honestly yearn for the days before he chased so many good posters off.

But I also yearn for good Football at my beloved University and that ain't happening either.
Ord actually got me banned for arguing with him many years ago on Peegs.

For some reason, Peegs loved him and all his sycophants complained about me. I followed forum rules and even got an e-mail from Peegs one time that he knew I had broken no rules. But I was also critical of the coaching staff at the time and he said he had too many complaints from people in the Athletic Department about me.

Thank God the owners of this site have changed.

But I know Ord, and this latest reincarnation is definitely him. I just engage him as little as possible.

2019? Lmao. Every single team we beat that year finished with a losing record. And 2020 we didn't beat one team that finished in the top 25. Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT