ADVERTISEMENT

Today’s Press Conference

It was interesting to hear today more about the program short comings that CCC identified and has put a process in place to correct. It is reassuring to know an experienced head coach has identified areas that a failed head coach had in place. I hope some the changes are that we can keep our players healthier and better prepared for the season.

Hiring a head coach with success was my biggest want. Hiring coordinators to become head coaches always seem to come with a learning curve. The coordinators can try to copy what they have seen, but they really don't know if it will work for them.

I like that the JMU players will set the standard. The biggest change will be the low expectations and forgetting about what has happened and focus on winning. I like what I am hearing and it is a complete and refreshing change from the past 2 years. It makes me almost feel sorry for PSU.

It was interesting to hear today more about the program short comings that CCC identified and has put a process in place to correct. It is reassuring to know an experienced head coach has identified areas that a failed head coach had in place. I hope some the changes are that we can keep our players healthier and better prepared for the season.

Hiring a head coach with success was my biggest want. Hiring coordinators to become head coaches always seem to come with a learning curve. The coordinators can try to copy what they have seen, but they really don't know if it will work for them.

I like that the JMU players will set the standard. The biggest change will be the low expectations and forgetting about what has happened and focus on winning. I like what I am hearing and it is a complete and refreshing change from the past 2 years. It makes me almost feel sorry for PSU.
Why feel sorry for PSU? Allen was a very good DC when it was his only responsibility.

I've liked a lot of what I've heard from CCC and the others. I'll be interested to see how it translates to the field. Having watched all the interviews with CCC and his assistants, the one that really stood out was the new Strength & Conditioning coach. That was a really good interview if you haven't watched it yet.

I also like the continuity he's had with his staff over a longer term. Having them all on the same page helps for consistency within the program. I also like that he understands to compete at this level, you have to invest. Invest in the coaches, the technology, the players and the marketing. As he said, its critical to change the brand that is IU football.

Why feel sorry for PSU? Allen was a very good DC when it was his only responsibility.
Think about the coordinators we hired that failed at their previous job and IU thought would turn it around at a struggling progra. Bell (failed head coach) and Debord are two that come first to my mind. He will have to help recruit. PSU could have done much better.

Our D did improve while Allen was the DC. I question if he could have sustained that level. Was it coaching or a favorable roster. He will have an easier time recruiting for linebacker U. Time will tell if he can reach the level of success PSU will expect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT