ADVERTISEMENT

Thumbs up to Hoosier Hysterics football program analysis today

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
They started out talking Indiana football. It was far more insightful and interesting than any of the talking heads affiliated with this website. The two guys there addressed real issues that are not even considered here.

I don't listen to them too often and I do listen to the Jim Coyle show regularly. But today's Hoosier Hysterics was far more insightful, much better prepared and far more intelligent than anything else I've listened to recently.

Check out today show. They spend the first hour or so talking mostly big picture issues with Indiana's lack of support for football.

Also I have to add that it is very disappointing to still not to hear Bob Kravitz or Don Fischer weigh-in yet on Jim Coyle's show. And even when they do it's usually all fluff. Instead they're going to talk more about what they did last weekend, the weather and how their golf game is going.

Don Fischer has got to be about ready to retire. Why would he want to rock the boat now? On the other hand, why would he GAF?

Reactions: Radio Zero
You don't become the D1 team with the most loses by accident. I have followed IU football since the mid-seventies. There has been very little to cheer about in those 40+ years of losing IU football. The Athletic Dept can look across the assembly hall offices & see the answer. What CTM has done with the WBB program is just short of remarkable. IU Woman's basketball was a lower level program for decades. I realize that moving the IU Football needle is much tougher, but my point is that we have made several bad coaching hires over those 40+ years. If you hire the right person, good things can happen.

It's going to take more than hiring a good coach. The administration needs to commit to making football a priority. In the long run, having a good football program will help basketball and all other sports at IU. Football is king and the admin needs to realize that or get left in the dust.

Sorry a few questions:
1. who ties the hands of the AD to not make football more of a priority?
2. We hear about all of the tv revenue we receive, who decides where it is applied? Why not a new indoor facility?
3. What does the new weight room project entail?

Thanks

I think the weight room project entails taking the existing large weight room and putting a dividing wall in.

They started out talking Indiana football. It was far more insightful and interesting than any of the talking heads affiliated with this website. The two guys there addressed real issues that are not even considered here.

I don't listen to them too often and I do listen to the Jim Coyle show regularly. But today's Hoosier Hysterics was far more insightful, much better prepared and far more intelligent than anything else I've listened to recently.

Check out today show. They spend the first hour or so talking mostly big picture issues with Indiana's lack of support for football.

Also I have to add that it is very disappointing to still not to hear Bob Kravitz or Don Fischer weigh-in yet on Jim Coyle's show. And even when they do it's usually all fluff. Instead they're going to talk more about what they did last weekend, the weather and how their golf game is going.
Thanks for pointing out that podcast. I found it a good use of time.

Reactions: Epictetus
It's going to take more than hiring a good coach. The administration needs to commit to making football a priority. In the long run, having a good football program will help basketball and all other sports at IU. Football is king and the admin needs to realize that or get left in the dust.
Bloomington is covered with dust.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT