ADVERTISEMENT

This is all that really needs to be said about anti-vaxxers....

I was in and out of Bloomington Hospital several times today. At the only open entrance was a lady handing you a new mask and asking all the Covid questions -- fever, cough, smell and taste, ect. The one question she didn't ask was "Have you been vaccinated?" That's how dumb this shit has gotten.

Why would she ask you that? Vaccinated people are passing on the disease too, correct? So why would your vaccination status matter? You are not protecting anyone else by having the vaccine, you are protecting yourself.

I see your point. I just found it amusing that vaccination wasn't part of the script she was rattling off.

Maybe if she'd asked about vaccines first it might have had a motivating effect. If you answer "no", then she launches into the long list of Covid symptoms, with a serious tone and requiring definitive answers. If you say "yes", the she runs through the list in a perfunctory manner.

And yeah, as noted, people will lie.

I see your point. I just found it amusing that vaccination wasn't part of the script she was rattling off.

Maybe if she'd asked about vaccines first it might have had a motivating effect. If you answer "no", then she launches into the long list of Covid symptoms, with a serious tone and requiring definitive answers. If you say "yes", the she runs through the list in a perfunctory manner.

And yeah, as noted, people will lie.
did you sort out your rehab shit? i've been going to the doctor/hospital once a month for the last year, including earlier this week. they do the same script verbatim. no mention of vaccines. for a while they would take your temp too but that stopped about six months ish ago. it's just all the honor system now

did you sort out your rehab shit?
Not yet. Me & the boss texted back and forth about it last night. At the end she told me to stop looking to make trouble and that she'd get it sorted out. :) I'm headed over there shortly.
i've been going to the doctor/hospital once a month for the last year, including earlier this week. they do the same script verbatim. no mention of vaccines. for a while they would take your temp too but that stopped about six months ish ago
No temp checks. After running in and out of there several times over the day the one gal I'd seen a couple times just waved me on by.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Not yet. Me & the boss texted back and forth about it last night. At the end she told me to stop looking to make trouble and that she'd get it sorted out. :) I'm headed over there shortly.

No temp checks. After running in and out of there several times over the day the one gal I'd seen a couple times just waved me on by.
it's all a mess. our doctor lives in the same neighborhood. we were all masked up in her office and two days later stood in line behind her at the grocery store w/ no masks

You are not protecting anyone else by having the vaccine, you are protecting yourself.
There's conflicting study results on that. Pre-delta variant, it was abundantly clear that viral load levels are way, way, WAY lower in vaccinated vs. unvaccinated infected persons.

Recently, studies have been published showing viral loads of delta variant to be similar in vaccinated vs. unvaccinated infected persons. The ones I read, though, focused on viral load levels measured at one point in time, such as at time of admission to the hospital. It is still clear that hospitalized infected vaccinated people recover much faster than hospitalized infected unvaccinated people. Thus, while they might have had at one time the same viral load, that was only for a short period of time, as the immune sytem was beginning to kick in. I strongly suspect that over (say) a 10 day period, it is way safer to be around a vaccinated infected person than an unvaccinated infected person.

In biostatistics we refer to an "area under the curve" analysis as opposed to a "C-max" or "max concentration" analysis as being, in many situations, more relevant. My supposition (and I don't know if data supports it) is that over 10 days the vaccinated person is shedding in total far less virus (lower area under the curve) and is therefore less infective over the long haul than the unvaccinated person, even if for a brief moment in time their infectivity and highest viral load (C-max) was (quite alarmingly) the same.

Last edited:
There's conflicting study results on that. Pre-delta variant, it was abundantly clear that viral load levels are way, way, WAY lower in vaccinated vs. unvaccinated infected persons.

Recently, studies have been published showing viral loads of delta variant to be similar in vaccinated vs. unvaccinated infected persons. The ones I read, though, focused on viral load levels measured at one point in time, such as at time of admission to the hospital. It is still clear that hospitalized infected vaccinated people recover much faster than hospitalized infected unvaccinated people. Thus, while they might have had at one time the same viral load, that was only for a short period of time, as the immune sytem was beginning to kick in. I strongly suspect that over (say) a 10 day period, it is way safer to be around a vaccinated infected person than an unvaccinated infected person.

In biostatistics we refer to an "area under the curve" analysis as opposed to a "C-max" or "max concentration" analysis as being, in many situations, more relevant. My supposition (and I don't know if data supports it) is that over 10 days the vaccinated person is shedding in total far less virus (lower area under the curve) and is therefore less infective over the long haul than the unvaccinated person, even if for a brief moment in time their infectivity and highest viral load (C-max) was (quite alarmingly) the same.
Right, which again would lead credence to the idea I expressed above that getting the vaccine is most likely helpful but would not be a good barometer on whether someone is likely to he sick when entering a hospital. The same could be said of those requiring the showing of your papers to enter a facility. The vaccine is closer to a guarantee that catching COVID won't kill you (it still can, but in smaller percentages) than it is to say that you will not infect someone else or cannot be infected yourself.

Reactions: DANC and jet812

In biostatistics we refer to an "area under the curve" analysis as opposed to a "max concentration" analysis as being, in many situations, more relevant. My supposition (and I don't know if data supports it) is that over 10 days the vaccinated person is shedding in total far less virus and is therefore less infective over the long haul than the unvaccinated person, even if for a brief moment in time their infectivity was (quite alarmingly) the same.
Hogwash!

'At one point in time, such as admissions to
hospitals.

Hogwash!

Was this 'point' calculated from time of exposure?

No.

Could the patient have been positive for 3 days or 10?

No way to tell

Does an accurate test for the 'delta' variety exist?

No.

Data from the UK Assets.Publication.Service

Feb.1 through August 2, 3021

'Delta Varient Deaths'

Fully Vax'd. 54.2%

One dose. 10.1%

Unvax'd. 34.1%

So over 64% of flu deaths occurred among those who have been jabbed, per the NHS data.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
You are right. Think of this though, we have blocked gays from giving blood for a long time. Non-gays can get HIV. We play the numbers the best we can. It is like the bulletproof vest, there is not an officer that wants to need it and it is likely to fail. But sometimes it works and when it does it is well worth having. A room with 90 vaccinated people and 10 unvaccinated is much less likely to spread than 90 unvaccinated and 10 vaccinated.
None of these analogies effectively represent forcing someone to inject something relatively unproven in the short term & completely unproven in the long term into your body to protect you from something with a statistically small chance of making you more ill than many have been due to the flu, much less killing you. No matter how much you all pound your fist insisting to know, these things are indisputably uncertain. You want to make disparaging remarks about their willingness to put their own well-being above yours, have at it, but the notion that keeps getting tossed about here that their is no risk or concern with the vaccines is ridiculous. They have not been approved for kids for more than one reason. Dosage is one thing, but long term unknowns have been acknowledged to play a role as well.

Reactions: Crayfish57
None of these analogies effectively represent forcing someone to inject something relatively unproven in the short term & completely unproven in the long term into your body to protect you from something with a statistically small chance of making you more ill than many have been due to the flu, much less killing you. No matter how much you all pound your fist insisting to know, these things are indisputably uncertain. You want to make disparaging remarks about their willingness to put their own well-being above yours, have at it, but the notion that keeps getting tossed about here that their is no risk or concern with the vaccines is ridiculous. They have not been approved for kids for more than one reason. Dosage is one thing, but long term unknowns have been acknowledged to play a role as well.
You say we do not know the long term effects of the shots, does that mean you know the long term effects of having the disease? Tell us.

Here is an example, people who had the Spanish Flu were far more likely to develop Parkinson's years later.

Reactions: jet812
You say we do not know the long term effects of the shots, does that mean you know the long term effects of having the disease? Tell us.

Here is an example, people who had the Spanish Flu were far more likely to develop Parkinson's years later.

No, but that is precisely why it should be an individual’s choice…

Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC
No, but that is precisely why it should be an individual’s choice…

And I have no issue with that such as it is. I keep saying my complaint are people who promote antivaxx agendas. Or truther agendas, Moon hoax agendas. Flat earth agendas.

The truth is often very messy. Conspiracists are good at painting a very non-messy picture that attracts people to its simplicity. Do we think most people realize that some who get COVID have changes in the brain that are the same as dementia? I doubt the antivaxx sites are teaching that.

I doubt the Parkinson's risk to viral infections are very big there either.

If someone doesn't want the shot, fine, mask up and social distance. Don't go on some holy crusade.

Ok, so we have a problem. The Biden administration's handling of the border is indefensible. They have been an incompetent disaster with their messaging. That would be bad enough in a normal year. However, we are in the middle of a pandemic and those several hundred thousand people (caught) crossing the border every month are bringing some trouble with them. 15 to 40% have been found to be COVID positive. Those individuals are being dropped into U.S. cities. And oh yeah, we now have yet another COVID variant, Lamda, that is apparently vaccine resistant. And where is Lambda most prevalent. South America.

Biden's handling of the border is a national security issue. We should have locked it down and turned people away months ago. He is potentially seeding the next wave of the pandemic as we speak.

Last edited:
I defy you to show me where Marvin has advocated for that.
Evidently you missed it when I posted the the US had greater economic mobility than Nordic countries and Marvin and others reply with babble about social mobility and equality.

Totally missed my point and continues to ignore it, even when pointed out.

He can't stand to admit he made a mistake, so he argues something that I never brought up. He's like every other pseudo-leftist on here. He's great at spouting talking points, but weak on actual argument when those talking points are proved wrong.

Evidently you missed it when I posted the the US had greater economic mobility than Nordic countries and Marvin and others reply with babble about social mobility and equality.

He can't stand to admit he made a mistake, so he argues something that I never brought up. He's like every other pseudo-leftist on here. He's great at spouting talking points, but weak on actual argument when those talking points are proved wrong.

So when you reply with "No, that's Marvin" to my post of

Except that no one is advocating that "government mandate injections for an adult to receive the full benefit of human rights and privileges". You're the king of straw man arguments.

...you're responding to the "straw man" statement? Not the "government mandate" statement? Is that what you're saying?

Sheesh. No wonder we're always talking past each other.

So when you reply with "No, that's Marvin" to my post of

Except that no one is advocating that "government mandate injections for an adult to receive the full benefit of human rights and privileges". You're the king of straw man arguments.

...you're responding to the "straw man" statement? Not the "government mandate" statement? Is that what you're saying?

Sheesh. No wonder we're always talking past each other.
Yes, I was responding to the 'straw man' statement. I don't necessarily agree with you about the 'government mandate' statement, but that's not why I brought Marvin into it.

Unfortunate news.

It is unfortunate, but we continue to panic over infection rates and not hospitalization and mortality rates - both of which are increasing, but for the vaccinated, is still very low.

My nephew just got it and he's fully vaccinated.

It is unfortunate, but we continue to panic over infection rates and not hospitalization and mortality rates - both of which are increasing, but for the vaccinated, is still very low.

My nephew just got it and he's fully vaccinated.
for sure. i'm still 100% convinced hot spots are a product of this thing moving like wild fire, again. so when certain moronic posters post look state R has a ton of cases their memories are very short. vaccinated or not it appears when it moves it moves and elevates rates

Reactions: jet812 and DANC
for sure. i'm still 100% convinced hot spots are a product of this thing moving like wild fire, again. so when certain moronic posters post look state R has a ton of cases their memories are very short. vaccinated or not it appears when it moves it moves and elevates rates

The path of least resistance is going to be in low vax rate areas, but of course it will then spread beyond them. New Hampshire will have a spike in cases, but I doubt their hospitals will be overwhelmed like in Mississippi.

The path of least resistance is going to be in low vax rate areas, but of course it will then spread beyond them. New Hampshire will have a spike in cases, but I doubt their hospitals will be overwhelmed like in Mississippi.
it's such a nutty thing w/ the hospitalizations and rate of cases as well. so los angeles county has seen a 700 percent spike since june 15. and is currently experiencing its fastest rate increase ever. so you look at la county it's only about 1,650 people in the hospitals but the headlines sound alarming. across the state of calif they are at 6,500 people hospitalized and almost 75% of icu beds are now full. that's 6,500 for a state of 40 million.

i agree the measure needs to be hospitalizations/deaths but damn it doesn't take much to overwhelm hospitals. more ought to be done to expand beds. more money. more innovation. etc.

You stupid dingleberry. You are still on this?

And you still haven't figured out that the terms social/ economic mobility are used synonymously....as they are the same fkn thing!

The official academic term is socioeconomic mobility.

Reactions: Bill4411

This is it in a nutshell. I taken to explaining to people that at least with Delta, there's a big difference in being infected with the virus and being sickened by the virus. Both show up as cases, but only one -- almost unversally among the unvaccinated -- end up in the hospital. Hat Tip to @outside shooter for explaining the distinction some time back in terms a dumbass like me can understand and can pass on to other dumbasses.

And you still haven't figured out that the terms social/ economic mobility are used synonymously....as they are the same fkn thing!

Not to mention he followed up saying he wasn't arguing "social" when I proved him wrong but "mobility".

And here somes the yappy little weasel, weighing in on something he's been bitch-slapped on.

Economic and social mobilities are not the same, as much as you wish they were.

This is it in a nutshell. I taken to explaining to people that at least with Delta, there's a big difference in being infected with the virus and being sicked by the virus. Both show up as cases, but only one -- almost unversally among the unvaccinated -- end up in the hospital. Hat Tip to @outside shooter for explaining the distinction some time back in terms a dumbass like me can understand and can pass on to other dumbasses.
Please don't include me in that group. It was obvious from statistics what was happening and Outside Shitter was just repeating the obvious.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Not to mention he followed up saying he wasn't arguing "social" when I proved him wrong but "mobility".
Please find the word 'social' in my original post. I didn't.

And you continue to whine about something you've been embarrassed about. Get over it - you f'd up. Move on.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Please don't include me in that group. It was obvious from statistics what was happening and Outside Shitter was just repeating the obvious.

I don't think you're a dumbass, but you oftentimes play one on the Internet.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
it's such a nutty thing w/ the hospitalizations and rate of cases as well. so los angeles county has seen a 700 percent spike since june 15. and is currently experiencing its fastest rate increase ever. so you look at la county it's only about 1,650 people in the hospitals but the headlines sound alarming. across the state of calif they are at 6,500 people hospitalized and almost 75% of icu beds are now full. that's 6,500 for a state of 40 million.

i agree the measure needs to be hospitalizations/deaths but damn it doesn't take much to overwhelm hospitals. more ought to be done to expand beds. more money. more innovation. etc.
In Indiana, at least, which is experiencing an upswing, hospitals are in no way being overwhelmed.

I don't think you're a dumbass, but you oftentimes play one on the Internet.

rs_634x1024-171207081045-634-oscar-statue.jpg

And here somes the yappy little weasel, weighing in on something he's been bitch-slapped on.

Economic and social mobilities are not the same, as much as you wish they were.
I linked a freaking OECD article in that discussion. He linked Wiki. Your turn, link something to support your case. You just saying so is less than crap.

Need to use bunk beds. could fit so many more people..
or shut 40 million down again because 7,000 are in hospitals stupid ass. the gov is under recall. new ideas other than masks and shutdowns might be prudent

Reactions: DANC
I linked a freaking OECD article in that discussion. He linked Wiki. Your turn, link something to support your case. You just saying so is less than crap.
You are aguing with yourself. I never mentioned 'social mobility'.

Now, Fvck off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT