ADVERTISEMENT

Theo Pinson- Interesting story.

GeorgeStrait IU

All-American
Apr 10, 2005

Probably a good reason that 2012-2013 team started to lose a step at the end of the season. Anyways, a good former recruit thoughts on Indiana.

That is interesting. Was Stan Robinson the replacement for losing Pinson? Can't recall.

Not only were Crean’s practices excessive, they were held randomly. There was no set practice schedule. The players and staff all had to be on their toes constantly. Of course that would wear down a team physically and mentally over a season.

And this is why I couldn't stand him.

It's all about Tom. He controls you. He's nuts.

Not only were Crean’s practices excessive, they were held randomly. There was no set practice schedule. The players and staff all had to be on their toes constantly. Of course that would wear down a team physically and mentally over a season.
That sounds like an exaggerated story. Never heard of a college team that didn't have a regular practice schedule, because of the difficulty of scheduling around classes. Crean was odd, but I don't think he's (too) crazy!

Reactions: Bucket Getter
That sounds like an exaggerated story. Never heard of a college team that didn't have a regular practice schedule, because of the difficulty of scheduling around classes. Crean was odd, but I don't think he's (too) crazy!
I agree it’s hard to believe but I have heard former players on podcasts saying that they never knew when a practice might be held.

True, but I would guess the vast majority of the time, they actually knew when practice was from day to day
There were always stories he’d make them practice at midnight upon returning from a road trip loss. That surely didn’t happen, did it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT