ADVERTISEMENT

The South got embarrassed yesterday.

IUT

Trailer Town. Lot 13
Aug 28, 2001
I admit that I bought into the SEC/TCU-Baylor hype. Turns out it was the Big Ten who had the best teams in the country. Wow. After all the Big Ten bashing this season by the media, ...wow.

Urban Meyer . . .

has been good for the BiG. He's brought in players with what used to be SEC-speed and the rest of the conference has had to recruit and coach accordingly to keep up.

CKW is one of those who is recruiting speed, taking athletes, red-shirting them and coaching them up into being football/position players.

The SEC ain't going away . . . but the center of the SEC West is going to be reallocated with John Chavis' move to Texas A&M from LSU . . . it's going to be Alabama, Texas A&M and maybe Arkansas in the West and Florida/UGA in the East . . . with maybe Butch Jones making the Vols relevant as Spurrier slowly fades into retirement over the next 30 years.

The big winner in the south this season is GA Tech. Paul Johnson probably will have a lot better selection of guys who fit his system.

auburn and LSU will always be up there

SEC West is tough. Now, if a coach leaves and they hire the wrong guy, that can change things. But, for now, those yes are in good shape. (Not sure the Chavis leaving will have big impact bit perhaps it will.)

But yes, B1G East is formidable.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'm not one of these Big 10 conference guys but winning those bowl..

games yesterday vs Auburn, Baylor, and Alabama did plenty for perception.

He's doing it with Northern kids, for the most part....

I think they only have 10 guys on their 105 from Florida/Georgia/Texas. It looks like they're getting their speed from NY, NJ and Pennsylvania.

Yesterday c I uldnt have gone much bettee

For IU and the B1G. It does make a difference how the conference does and even the division. IU will get better recruits because of yesterday's results.

Don't get too giddy, now. It was still O$U.

And I hate O$U ... and I hate all of their damn flags and Brutus figures/blow-up dolls in the neighborhood. I hate their bumper stickers and their drunken, loutish fans. Heathens, hooligans and derelicts - all of them. Outside of that, I guess they're okay. Just remember the goalpost they tore down in Memorial Stadium. They belch and fart in public and drink red wine with chicken. If Randy Newman wrote a song about them it would be: "Kill the Fockers...They're off Their Rockers".

I hope Oregon creams them worse than they creamed FSU.

End of rant. We now return you to your regular programming ..... Go Hoosiers; beat MSU; let's see Crean and Izzo get into a Miles/Crean-type rumble.

I loved the quote from the Auburn RB putting down Wisconsin's running backs saying he'd like to play against NW, Purdue, and Illinois. Then they torched Auburn for like 400 rushing yards......that was awesome.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Yes that was pretty awesome! Yesterday proved that there is great college football played on Saturdays all over this great country, it isn't limited to the Southeast.

Auburn was 4-4 in the SEC

Let's not get carried away. In the SEC West this year you had to play a very quality team every single week. There weren't any easy games and if you had a crossover against Georgia it was even tougher.

Great day for the Big Ten, and the SEC obviously wasn't as tough at the top this year, but the irony is that Ohio State wouldn't have gotten through the SEC West with fewer than two wins and wouldn't be playing in the national title game.

The silence about the bowl season from ESPN is deafening*

nm

And Wisconsin beat them. Did you see what O$U did

to Wisconsin?

I think O$U would have dominated the SEC West. And by your logic, by beating Alabama, Alabama wouldn't be in the playoffs then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT