ADVERTISEMENT

The Big Boys don't want to share $$$ with us.

Something like this was bound to happen eventually. It obviously won't be good for IU if it becomes reality.

But but but our facilities are adequate. We just split our existing weight room….give me a break. IU is so far behind it could be too late. I don’t buy that they will kick the bottom X number out as they still have to beat up on someone.

We really need Cig to get us going. If we're midpack B1G averaging close to 50K per game, and more importantly decent TV ratings (we do have a big alumni base), it's tougher to take part of the pie from us in future TV deals. Bball doesn’t matter as much but we are a big draw there even when we stink.

Kicking us out is unlikely, but trying to take a little bit more TV $ share seems to be pretty possible.

Last edited:
Something like this was bound to happen eventually. It obviously won't be good for IU if it becomes reality.

And so it starts. I thought. Maybe this action would be down the road five or six years, but maybe not. If the big boys only want winning team in the $$$ pool who would they beat up on to have their winning seasons?? For every win there has to be a loss, or haven't they thought that though yet. Well they are not producing college graduates anymore just NIL opportunists, so maybe they actually haven't considered their actions. Certainly no one who's interested in staying at one school for four years has considered the consequences of a league comprised of only winners, that is impossible.

college sports are never going to be the same

sooner or later they will end up killing the golden goose

a2da5c7d6179c06295ce81fad3c65950-width-600-jpeg-dbfc3a11d82e23f7cffc43a1d2b2b7173799aa3b.jpg

We really need Cig to get us going. If we're midpack B1G averaging close to 50K per game, and more importantly decent TV ratings (we do have a big alumni base), it's tougher to take part of the pie from us in future TV deals. Bball doesn’t matter as much but we are a big draw there even when we stink.

Kicking us out is unlikely, but trying to take a little bit more TV $ share seems to be pretty possible.
Yes, taking a bigger share is the likely route. They still need some whipping boys so they will have to throw us enough crumbs to survive.

That was inevitable.

Even if you’re wealthy and have like a $50k annual charity budget, it’s hard to rationalize taking money away from kids with cancer and giving it to a college sports program. And if you do, you better damn sure hope for a return on that investment. Boosters may have deep pockets, but it’s not unlimited and I imagine Joe Regularfan has short patience.

First Greg Swain is a terrible person to cite.

Totally agree!... This article has no journalistic legs to stand on.. it's crap.

Hamm wrote, "...Now, reports are the bigger-earning teams want to push the lesser-earning teams out..."

What??.... what reports?... who told you that?... are you like JMV and just regurgitate what the real journalists say and then claim it as your own? Gimme some facts, name some names.... something to back up your claims other than, "Well, that's what everybody says is gonna happen".... bull shit.

Hamm uses this Swain guy's opinion.... it doesn't state one single fact...
How'd this Hamm guy get this story published I have no idea.... there's nothing to it.

As for for Swaim... He has no credentials of any value in the media... Everyone can get on Youtube or their blog and make all kinds of statements but that means nothing without real knowledge to back it up..... I'd never heard of the guy and after looking up his credentials I couldn't find any connections....

But, it is on internet and social media so it must be true....

Last edited:
That’ll hurt. 10% for the leftovers.
Yeah, Ross Dellenger (SI?) also posted on X (I couldn’t find it) that the numbers have been adjusted somewhat by somebody.

ACC would get a bit more than the Big XII and Notre Dame would get 1%, and Oregon State, Washington State, and UConn each get less than 1% or something like that.

IF the ND thing is true, the SEC and Big Ten are trying to put the squeeze on, it looks to me.

Yeah, Ross Dellenger (SI?) also posted on X (I couldn’t find it) that the numbers have been adjusted somewhat by somebody.

ACC would get a bit more than the Big XII and Notre Dame would get 1%, and Oregon State, Washington State, and UConn each get less than 1% or something like that.

IF the ND thing is true, the SEC and Big Ten are trying to put the squeeze on, it looks to me.
Yes, there is a price for independence...and besides ND who in the room is going to argue they should get more?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT