ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer

has the eyes of a Viking Chieftan who just raped and pillaged his way through Scandinavia
200w.gif

• Love
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Interesting developments for MLS team in Indy. Seems like some folks would rather have a AA team.
Mls is barely watchable. I’m not sure who goes to usl games unless tix and concessions are dirt cheap and fun environment and you’re taking little kids.

Mls is barely watchable. I’m not sure who goes to usl games unless tix and concessions are dirt cheap and fun environment and you’re taking little kids.
I think it's more of the younger crowd but the attendance is really growing % wise. Saw the average at 22K a game now.

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
She did well. They played a Murder's Row of teams...#3, #9, and #12 in the country (we're like 34th). Two close losses and a draw today. Other team scored w 2 mins left. Sucked.

Colorado Real had a 6'4" 13 year old, and probably 5 more over 6'. My daughter's like 5'7" (which is pretty tall) and the center back that marking her was a good 5 inches taller...and fast...and they had touch. Hitting spinning passes off tough touches. We got two goals on them which was good...had them sweating late.

Today, againat Gwinnett, kiddo had a knee-volley off a corner that hit the top post...coulda been the winner. Assisted on our goal.

Great time.

She did well. They played a Murder's Row of teams...#3, #9, and #12 in the country (we're like 34th). Two close losses and a draw today. Other team scored w 2 mins left. Sucked.

Colorado Real had a 6'4" 13 year old, and probably 5 more over 6'. My daughter's like 5'7" (which is pretty tall) and the center back that marking her was a good 5 inches taller...and fast...and they had touch. Hitting spinning passes off tough touches. We got two goals on them which was good...had them sweating late.

Today, againat Gwinnett, kiddo had a knee-volley off a corner that hit the top post...coulda been the winner. Assisted on our goal.

Great time.
Love hearing that. I know former and current folks at both real and gsa. People who have been in youth soccer their entire adult lives as careers. Something that wasn’t a thing when I was a kid. You guys are definitely playing in the big leagues. Real cool. And she got an assist and woodwork!! Big time.

Love hearing that. I know former and current folks at both real and gsa. People who have been in youth soccer their entire adult lives as careers. Something that wasn’t a thing when I was a kid. You guys are definitely playing in the big leagues. Real cool. And she got an assist and woodwork!! Big time.
Yeah...ECNL on the girls side is legit.

Every one of these teams we played this weekend could probably compete w D1 teams now...as 13 year olds.

I don't watch them practice, but as an #11, I get to see her up close in some games if we're on the left side of the midline. So frigging fast, and she's doing rollovers and scissor steps at full speed that you can only really see if she's like 15 feet in front of you.

They're ridiculous.

Yeah...ECNL on the girls side is legit.

Every one of these teams we played this weekend could probably compete w D1 teams now...as 13 year olds.

I don't watch them practice, but as an #11, I get to see her up close in some games if we're on the left side of the midline. So frigging fast, and she's doing rollovers and scissor steps at full speed that you can only really see if she's like 15 feet in front of you.

They're ridiculous.
How old is she? Get her to some ID Camps at schools she likes or might like

How old is she? Get her to some ID Camps at schools she likes or might like

#12 in your program...😄

We did Miami (OH) last year. We'll probably do more this year. Cramped schedule with both Pride teams making Regionals, and then HS pre-camp and tryouts.

Starts HS training in June. Our 11/LW from last year's state finalist graduated (playing at DePauw), so she wants that starting spot. Big leg lefty so she'll likely get the call.

#12 in your program...😄

We did Miami (OH) last year. We'll probably do more this year. Cramped schedule with both Pride teams making Regionals, and then HS pre-camp and tryouts.

Starts HS training in June. Our 11/LW from last year's state finalist graduated (playing at DePauw), so she wants that starting spot. Big leg lefty so she'll likely get the call.
Okay she’s still young. I’m an expert and can tell you as an expert she has nothing to worry about based on what I’ve witnessed from her. And no I don’t need to see her play. The white shoes are enough. They’re reserved for ballers and foreigners

Okay she’s still young. I’m an expert and can tell you as an expert she has nothing to worry about based on what I’ve witnessed from her. And no I don’t need to see her play. The white shoes are enough. They’re reserved for ballers and foreigners
😄

All she wears. I make her wear her black Copa Icons when they're mudding, but she has these and some other white Icons with gold stripes that are her gamers.

She has those gold throwback Predators, but only wears them for ODP. 😄

😄

All she wears. I make her wear her black Copa Icons when they're mudding, but she has these and some other white Icons with gold stripes that are her gamers.

She has those gold throwback Predators, but only wears them for ODP. 😄
The heels she wears on her wedding day will never feel as good as a pair of white cleats. Magic

Reactions: mattndallas
@sglowrider and @larsIU new doc on prime called 99. Yorke keane scholes Beckham giggs umbro popped collars difft Gen tackles. Good show
I have not seen it yet. The original collar man was Cantona, though. These guys were the ones who made the PL what it is today. From public personalities to working as a motley crew of a team to how hard they played.

Everyone else is riding on their coattails.

Reactions: larsIU
I have not seen it yet. The original collar man was Cantona, though. These guys were the ones who made the PL what it is today. From personalities to working as a team to how hard they played. Everyone else is riding on their coattails.
My first kid free Saturday night in months. Exhausted. Relaxing watching it. Really well done. The old unpainted tiny training facility etc. and oh yes re cantona. Check it out. You’ll enjoy it. Three parts. Part one the league. Two the cup. Three champions.

My first kid free Saturday night in months. Exhausted. Relaxing watching it. Really well done. The old unpainted tiny training facility etc. and oh yes re cantona. Check it out. You’ll enjoy it. Three parts. Part one the league. Two the cup. Three champions.

I still remember watching the CL Final. After 15mins they let in a stupid goal. Then I rationalised it in my head that it was a very good season. They had just ran out of fumes.

The last 3 minutes was just bonkers!!! I don't think I will ever witness anything so wild sports wise-- the Smart Shot or even that NCAA B-ball final between NC State and Houston (the Hakeem final) will not even come close.

You know the guy who does the ribbon for the winners had already tied up the Bayern colours. He was, in fact in the lift coming down with the CL Cup in hand, ready for presentation when they equalised, and then when they scored the winner, I think he had to rush back up to change the ribbons!!

I couldn't sleep after those few minutes.

I went upstairs; woke up the wife, and told her what I just witnessed. You know women; "Oh, I am happy for you.' then went back to sleep!!! WTF!!

It was only one of the greatest sporting moments/minutes EVER. :rolleyes:

Tbf American women were not into footie back then. I'm not sure if that has changed or not.

I still remember watching the CL Final. After 15mins they let in a stupid goal. Then I rationalised it in my head that it was a very good season. They had just ran out of fumes.

The last 3 minutes was just bonkers!!! I don't think I will ever witness anything so wild sports wise-- the Smart Shot or even that NCAA B-ball final between NC State and Houston (the Hakeem final) will not even come close.

You know the guy who does the ribbon for the winners had already tied up the Bayern colours. He was, in fact in the lift coming down with the CL Cup in hand, ready for presentation when they equalised, and then when they scored the winner, I think he had to rush back up to change the ribbons!!

I couldn't sleep after those few minutes.

I went upstairs; woke up the wife, and told her what I just witnessed. You know women; "Oh, I am happy for you.' then went back to sleep!!! WTF!!

It was only one of the greatest sporting moments/minutes EVER. :rolleyes:

Tbf American women were not into footie back then. I'm not sure if that has changed or not.
Okay I’m on that episode now. This is really well done. You. YOU. Will love it!! 99 on prime.

I had a similar experience. Little kid. Put to bed. Closed my door. Volume off. Miracle on ice. They had it as a tape delay in the states. I stayed up secretly watching it in bed. Barca. Messi. World Series. Ozzie home run. Nothing. Nothing compared to the miracle on ice in my room with the lights off and volume off. Nothing.

Okay I’m on that episode now. This is really well done. You. YOU. Will love it!! 99 on prime.

I had a similar experience. Little kid. Put to bed. Closed my door. Volume off. Miracle on ice. They had it as a tape delay in the states. I stayed up secretly watching it in bed. Barca. Messi. World Series. Ozzie home run. Nothing. Nothing compared to the miracle on ice in my room with the lights off and volume off. Nothing.

I had an ex-GF who watched a United v Spurs game with me.

She was so upset at the score line at HT. 0-3 down I think. I was boiling inside. But she was cursing like a fishmonger; pointing and cursing at the TV.

Then when United came back and scored 4 goals in the 2nd half, she was twisting, writhing with every move of the United players, celebrating like she had scored herself.

When they won 4-3, you could see her eyes were puffy and wet. She would have taken her top off and ran onto the pitch, swinging the blouse, if she had been there at the stadium.
Singaporean girls. Bless them!!!

Last edited:

#12 in your program...😄

As long as she is having fun....I am thankful I don't have to do that grind anymore. My oldest played at Vardar Academy for 4 years and my youngest played on the Michigan wolves academy for 2. The youngest kid figured out it was a bit of racket at times and decided he wanted to play high school--best time of his life. The older kid by his senior year had enough of academy life and decided to play his senior year for the high school. Best decision he ever made. He was already committed at the time and is college coach said "dude, if you don't play soccer with your brother in high school for this last year, you will regret it for the rest of your life". To me, that's the best kind of coaching you can get.

As long as she is having fun....I am thankful I don't have to do that grind anymore. My oldest played at Vardar Academy for 4 years and my youngest played on the Michigan wolves academy for 2. The youngest kid figured out it was a bit of racket at times and decided he wanted to play high school--best time of his life. The older kid by his senior year had enough of academy life and decided to play his senior year for the high school. Best decision he ever made. He was already committed at the time and is college coach said "dude, if you don't play soccer with your brother in high school for this last year, you will regret it for the rest of your life". To me, that's the best kind of coaching you can get.
Yeah man, she loves it. Her progression has been pretty natural/old school, from local Bloomington club playing in a baseball outfield, to the best team in the state.

They take the Fall season off in Indiana for HS soccer. Bloomington South made a run to the State Finals last year and we were at every game. As much as she digs club, she talks about playing HS at South next year even more.

He'll, she's got the Indy Derby on Wed (vs Indy 11), ECRL Regionals in StL in early June, and ECNL Regionals in Seattle in mid-June...

And all she talks about is HS summer training starting at 6am June 3rd "with the big girls". 😄👍

Yeah man, she loves it. Her progression has been pretty natural/old school, from local Bloomington club playing in a baseball outfield, to the best team in the state.

They take the Fall season off in Indiana for HS soccer. Bloomington South made a run to the State Finals last year and we were at every game. As much as she digs club, she talks about playing HS at South next year even more.

He'll, she's got the Indy Derby on Wed (vs Indy 11), ECRL Regionals in StL in early June, and ECNL Regionals in Seattle in mid-June...

And all she talks about is HS summer training starting at 6am June 3rd "with the big girls". 😄👍
That is awesome!!! I’m jealous. You had the daughter I was meant to have damnit. You’ll never know the pain of the “This isn’t for her walk.”
I’ll get her to put in more….
No. There’s nothing you can do. There’s nothing any of us can do. You know this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT