ADVERTISEMENT

So 1 win?

Btownboom

Redshirt
Mar 28, 2021
Fulton Indiana
And now theres no chatter about woody possibly getting replaced. Thats all it took to save his job beat wisky at home. So another year of buying season tickets and selling them so I dont have to sit through another year of sub .500 ball!

Reactions: Hatchets7times
image4061139x.jpg
We got over the hump vs Wisconsin.

In reality there doesn’t seem to be a search yet.

Last edited:
I think there is very slim chance Woodson can regain the rep he would need to actually recruit the kids that would help him be successful.
His only chance is bringing Ware and Reneau and Galloway back while upgrading at point guard and adding a shooting guard-plus retaining McNeely.

They should let Mike go the minute Ware announces for the draft. At that point he's basically done, even if we have to wait until April 2025.

I think there is very slim chance Woodson can regain the rep he would need to actually recruit the kids that would help him be successful.
His only chance is bringing Ware and Reneau and Galloway back while upgrading at point guard and adding a shooting guard-plus retaining McNeely.

They should let Mike go the minute Ware announces for the draft. At that point he's basically done, even if we have to wait until April 2025.
Agree 100%. Would be surprised if it actually happened though. I think we are a sleeping giant just need the right guy to wake us up. We have had talent just no one to lead them.

Really because i havent seen much just seems like that win may have given dolson and the BOT a reason to hang on for 1 more year!
I’m a nobody and a lot of people have sources. From what I hear outside of Dolson there isn’t much support for change with the IU higher ups, and of course Quinn doesn’t want change, and our big booster isn’t pushing for change. So, just not feeling the momentum that change is coming.

I think we are gonna drop some bags to keep MM and Reneau and see what the portal has.

IMO Woody is a horrible coach and I find all of this depressing. I wish things we different.

And now theres no chatter about woody possibly getting replaced. Thats all it took to save his job beat wisky at home. So another year of buying season tickets and selling them so I dont have to sit through another year of sub .500 ball!
You don't have to buy them.

IU (Basketball) is a business. Is it making money? Yes. Is it making money in spite of a poor product? Yes. Are the fans unhappy because of the poor product? Yes. Are these unhappy fans conditioned to the poor product over time? Yes. Then......Refer to the first question above.

Reactions: boilergrad2OOO
I think if he comes back most of us probably will just kind of lose all interest especially if it starts to go downhill again early in the season. I would expect you would see lots and lots of emply seats at games.

Losing Ware will be another big blow to woodson he is a high level talent and our main guy. I dont see anyting good coming of next year once ware moves on.

Hard to believe quinn was on a team that went 72-1 he seem totally fine with this current crap.
Sure feels like he is loyal to his buddy vs IUBB/IU. I get the same feeling when I see cronyism in the government — this hire made no sense. And the raise even less sense.

I’d love to see if Quinn disclosed all his conflicts with Woody. A journo should check.

Have to agree with the guys its time to move on from Woodson.
They basically admit hiring woodson was a very bad idea because it is very hard to fire a former player when it does not work out. They almost sound defeated. We were smart enough not to bring archie back for a 5th year even though many of us thought they would. With Woodson I think they will not be smart and hang on for another year of a dumpster fire.

Reactions: ndhuntington
If you put any stock in him, Rabjohns says it’s 50/50 Woody is the coach next year. I don’t put much stock in that, but I guess it’s better than 100% chance he is.

Last edited:
Reactions: ndhuntington
If you put any stock in him, Rabjohns says it’s 50/50 if Woody is the coach next year. I don’t put much stock in that, but I guess it’s better than 100% chance he is.
Wow any idiot could say that. I bet rabby never played one organized sport in his life.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
By roasted do you mean criticized or predicted it? Because I've heard he's been a capital L loser when it comes to his recruiting 'scoops'
Criticized.

No idea on his predictions, I don’t follow him either. I know about his criticisms because a friend on the other board texted about it.

If you put any stock in him, Rabjohns says it’s 50/50 Woody is the coach next year. I don’t put much stock in that, but I guess it’s better than 100% chance he is.
According to Ryan Phillips Woodson did not utlilyze Matta at all or look for any of his wisdom on the college game. . It was the attitude I was in the NBA and I know best so Matta left. Does anyone honestly think he would listen to any new assistant next year if he would not even listen to Matta?

According to Ryan Phillips Woodson did not utlilyze Matta at all or look for any of his wisdom on the college game. . It was the attitude I was in the NBA and I know best so Matta left. Does anyone honestly think he would listen to any new assistant next year if he would not even listen to Matta?
What a mess.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
The smartest man in the room does not need any advice from the likes of Matta or Fife. It is clear bringing is those two was a way to try to sell hiring an NBA coach with zero college experience. Turns out the coach with zero experience did not or does not want any help. Unreal.
Are all the other dudes in suits and sneakers actually bobble heads?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT