ADVERTISEMENT

Sarratt offered

Great News if he comes and pairs up with McCulley as they will make the passing game dynamic especially with our other receivers. The offense could be lit up this year like we haven't see for a long time.
He and Horton (the TE) are the two JMU guys with a legit shot at coming in and winning a starting position next fall...(in my opinion).

I hope he decides to up his draft stock by finishing up playing in the Big Ten...

Cam Camper tweeted an emoji of a bronco yesterday. Maybe that's related?
Was it Russell Wilson?

LETS RIDE!
Denver Broncos Football GIF by Broncos

• Haha
Reactions: jsenleo
He’s too good to turn down if he wants to be a Hoosier.
Don't know about the slots coming in but he has better hands, by far, than anyone we have returning...

Decent speed (4.5) and great hands, with a solid work ethic is a trifecta you can't pass on if he's available...

Supposedly, our OC likes to go empty backfield with five receivers at times... That only works if everyone in the pattern is a threat to get open And actually catch the ball...

Seems like we have enough receivers.
Spend any money left in the spring on more beef on either line. Can't have enough depth there.
Hate to disagree with that but after we pick up one more OL in this Portal opening we always have the next Portal round to pick up perhaps one or even two guys in areas of need... Maybe OL, and/or DL??

Sarratt is definitely in the category of "Best Available" and it'd be a mistake to pass on him just to balance roster numbers, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Hate that disagree with that but after we pick up one more OL in this Portal opening we always have the next Portal round to pick up perhaps one or even two guys in areas of need... Maybe OL, and/or DL??

Sarratt is definitely in the category of "Best Available" and it'd be acmistake to pass on him just to balance roster numbers, in my opinion.
After this past season I want as many experienced secondary players as we can get. That is what cost us the last three games and a bowl bid.

After this past season I want as many experienced secondary players as we can get. That is what cost us the last three games and a bowl bid.
Per the other thread it appears that Coach C agrees with you... J.Ricks reports our offering 3 DB's...

With just a little new talent and a lot of great coaching I think we'll be better back there by game 5...

Per the other thread it appears that Coach C agrees with you... J.Ricks reports our offering 3 DB's...

With just a little new talent and a lot of great coaching I think we'll be better back there by game 5...
Yup it's something I still haven't deciphered. Always considered Shelby a respectable DB position coach. Been around since KW days. But dropoff in results occurred. Maybe the constant flux in DC leadership + their own learning curve is the reason.
Speaking of DB'S
Just read this AM Daeh McCullough S has launched into the portal from the Sooners. 4 years eligibility.

Yup it's something I still haven't deciphered. Always considered Shelby a respectable DB position coach. Been around since KW days. But dropoff in results occurred. Maybe the constant flux in DC leadership + their own learning curve is the reason.
Speaking of DB'S
Just read this AM Daeh McCullough S has launched into the portal from the Sooners. 4 years eligibility.
He'd be a fine SS (McCollough) if he is open to being coachable by our guys... I've always thought that was his best position...

Edit: Wrong McCollough... I was thinking of Dasan... (even though you clearly typed Daeh)
Daeh is more of an unproven FS...

Last edited:
It's not all about money. I highly doubt we were the highest bidder for Mcculley. He had big time schools going after him. Same with Sarratt, hopefully his good relationships with the coaches brings him here along with a little NIL of course.
You think sarratt would give coach cig a discount?

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
Big Time pickup!

He has all the tools, along with the intangibles...: the most Important one being: when the ball is in the air anywhere near him he's the one who decides it's His and comes down with it...

//If Bostad can build a real Big Ten quality, two deep, OL by the time we play game 5 then we have a good shot at lighting some people up next Fall...; the weapons are there...//

Big Time pickup!

He has all the tools, along with the intangibles...: the most Important one being: when the ball is in the air anywhere near him he's the one who decides it's His and comes down with it...

//If Bostad can build a real Big Ten quality, two deep, OL by the time we play game 5 then we have a good shot at lighting some people up next Fall...; the weapons are there...//
Agree, now let's close on a productive interior DL & OL. Maybe throw in another LB & call it a winner for Coach C.

Agree, now let's close on a productive interior DL & OL. Maybe throw in another LB & call it a winner for Coach C.
For sure a couple more LB's. 1 for sure needs to be a strong producer. Positive defensive results need to be as deep and wide as the offense musters. But this staff has covered a lot of recruiting territory in short order. They appear to very keenly target their wants. I suspect their FB management style is KISS.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT