ADVERTISEMENT

Rolijah Hardy (LB) commits to IU

He looks like a potential LB as he learns the ropes, right now he needs to learn to stay lower in his movements - he does fine while tackling.
For some reason I'm not able to link them, but there are a couple of articles about this kid from his high school days that make this kid sound like a stud....not sure why the 2* rating, perhaps because he's been injured some, but he sounds like he's smart, fast, and ultra-aggressive.

I'm guessing his high school injuries had a lot to do with his rankings...

Looks like he has all the intangibles to be a good one if he's fully recovered from his injuries...

Sounds like a good one. Nice pick up!

His HS plays at the 4S level out of 7 total....so that may be part of it. However, there appears to be a lot to like. For one thing, he and his sister were both impressive enough to be admitted into service academies. He played on a state championship team which didn't give up a second half TD all year. And this language--"...on a defense with multiple standout and major college prospects, Hardy's talent stood out". And his highlight film was impressive. Finally, "County player of the year" in central Florida always gets your attention.

Maybe CCC unsuccessfully tried to recruit him to JMU? Don't know and we always have to be wary of pointing to OUR 2* guy and saying "this one's underrated"....but I wouldn't be shocked if he turns out to be a player.

He was apparently injured during his sophomore and junior seasons. Probably the 2 most important seasons to being recruited because most good teams would have much of their class finished by the time they saw his senior season.

If he can get rid of the injury bug, then he has potential to be a really good get.

From what I can tell, he was dislocating his left shoulder multiple times but has had surgery on it. Not sure how likely that is to re-occur.

Last edited:
He was apparently injured during his sophomore and junior seasons. Probably the 2 most important seasons to being recruited because most good teams would have much of their class finished by the time they saw his senior season.

If he can get rid of the injury bug, then he has potential to be a really good get.

From what I can tell, he was dislocating his left shoulder multiple times but has had surgery on it. Not sure how likely that is to re-occur.
I really like the fact that he still has four years to play and has exhibited Leadership qualities in the past... Perhaps we've found a jewel in the rough to build our Defense around...

His HS plays at the 4S level out of 7 total....so that may be part of it. However, there appears to be a lot to like. For one thing, he and his sister were both impressive enough to be admitted into service academies. He played on a state championship team which didn't give up a second half TD all year. And this language--"...on a defense with multiple standout and major college prospects, Hardy's talent stood out". And his highlight film was impressive. Finally, "County player of the year" in central Florida always gets your attention.

Maybe CCC unsuccessfully tried to recruit him to JMU? Don't know and we always have to be wary of pointing to OUR 2* guy and saying "this one's underrated"....but I wouldn't be shocked if he turns out to be a player.
I know they changed some things up in their division format, but Lakeland is an absolute juggernaut in football, especially for a public school. They sent 8-9 guys to the University of Florida in a single class not all that long ago (Pouncey Twins, Chris Rainey, Ahmad Black, etc) and have won 9 state titles. They have an enrollment of 2000+ so not a small school by any means.

We had mostly 2 star kids for a couple years before Bill Lynch went 7-6. So with Cig I'm thinking 12-2 minimum.

Rolijah does sound like he has a lot of upside. I'm sure he'll put in the work too under this staff.

Welcome Mr. Hardy!

Last edited:

Micah McFadden was a two star linebacker and he turned out alright.

How does a player transfer from Navy? Does he not have naval service as part of his navy commitment?
He wasn't enrolled at the Naval Academy. He was at the Navy Prep School in Rhode Island. This means he's coming in as a true freshman and will have his 4+RS for his college tenure. Stud player at a powerhouse school that was underrecruited. Not sure why he chose Navy Prep but if his goal was to play P4 he met it.

He wasn't enrolled at the Naval Academy. He was at the Navy Prep School in Rhode Island. This means he's coming in as a true freshman and will have his 4+RS for his college tenure. Stud player at a powerhouse school that was underrecruited. Not sure why he chose Navy Prep but if his goal was to play P4 he met it.
Thanks for clearing that up for the board.

Reactions: red hornet
Just to be enrolled at the navy prep school means you're an exemplary individual.

I really like the fact that he still has four years to play and has exhibited Leadership qualities in the past... Perhaps we've found a jewel in the rough to build our Defense around...
Right, a diamond in the rough. He'll be in this year's incoming fall class, & the 2nd LB alongside Quentin Clark.

Played at a school followed by a bunch of power conference coaches but only received offers from Tulane, Eastern KY etc?

Injury prone.

McFadden? build a defense around him? the type of talent we should go after?

Hope he works out (for him and the program) but there are a lot of “leap of faith” posts in this thread.

All we have to go on in the off-season, is hope.

He's not tall. 6-1? Size was my concern. But if he's really 230 already... And if as athletic as advertised, he doesn't have to be a massive run stuffer, staff will find a place for him. Maybe outside more instead of middle. Weakish offer list, but some OK mid programs. I'm trusting the staff. Plus, injury prone, maybe, but made over 100 tackles in 2022 on a very good team? (!!) Not shabby. Maybe he's not 'prone' but just got injured.

Given we are taking another HS recruit for the 2024 class, does this mean 1) we are not crazy about the remaining transfer options in the portal, 2) we are taking a recruit with low NIL expectations and using the saved NIL budget to pay up for someone else in the portal who addresses a clear position of need (like an edge), 3) we feel better about the players we have and don’t think we need as many transfers, 4) we just love the kid, or 5) something else I haven’t thought of?

Given we are taking another HS recruit for the 2024 class, does this mean 1) we are not crazy about the remaining transfer options in the portal, 2) we are taking a recruit with low NIL expectations and using the saved NIL budget to pay up for someone else in the portal who addresses a clear position of need (like an edge), 3) we feel better about the players we have and don’t think we need as many transfers, 4) we just love the kid, or 5) something else I haven’t thought of?
My guess is #4. although 1, 2, & 3 seem prudent.:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT