ADVERTISEMENT

Reply to Jeff B. leaving Purdue

We will just have to agree to disagree. You have no idea what we went through this year due to playing back to back to back to back top 10 and top 5 teams. It's why we couldn't beat Maryland.

What happens when a vehicle runs out of gas??? That's what happened to this IU team. They ran out of gas against Maryland and Purdue, it cost them a bowl game. But hey, I'll GLADLY let you guys have the Bucket this year if it means that Brohm will be poached!!!!

So IU simply ran out of gas....really? I think that is one of the most lame excuses for losing a football game I have ever heard. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and everyone has a right to disagree with the opinions of others. So, I absolutely and totally disagree.

I don't have to tell myself that, the tape tells me that. It's why I'm for abandoning the Bucket game as the last game of the season and moving it to the first game EVERY season.

Indiana doesn't have a chance of entering this game very healthy after the schedule they play. You people do not play Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and MSU every year the way we do. You play Minnesota, Iowa, Northwestern and Illinois instead....BIG difference in how each team will arrive at the Bucket game two days after Thanksgiving, make sense?

You just stated the best case for Brohm staying at Purdue. Name a division in the Power5 which gives a team a better chance to be in position to play for a Conference championship.

You are right, destewart. Purdue certainly has a MUCH, MUCH easier path to the Big Ten Championship game. But then again, so does the rest of the West schools. Plus, I don't know that he has any real, hard connections to purdue.

It's appalling what the commissioner has created with these divisions. Fair and balanced isn't in his vocabulary. He's a bastard as far as I'm concerned.

Just to nitpick here.

You claim PU would have beaten Rutgers because you would have had them at home. Ok.

Now this scenario also means that you would have played the bucket in Btown,..so.

You say you would have beaten both VA and MD. Quite possible but not a sure thing given the up and down performance this season.

I readily admit not knowing as much about your season and I would think from your comments that you are not as familiar with our season. Did you know Missouri scored 40 or more points in eight games? The only times they were below 40 were Georgia (28), Auburn (14), South Carolina (13) and Purdue (3).

You are right, destewart. Purdue certainly has a MUCH, MUCH easier path to the Big Ten Championship game. But then again, so does the rest of the West schools. Plus, I don't know that he has any real, hard connections to purdue.

It's appalling what the commissioner has created with these divisions. Fair and balanced isn't in his vocabulary. He's a bastard as far as I'm concerned.

Everyone knows his hometown is Louisville. If that job opens up he would certainly be their first choice. However, if you have been paying any attention to the Louisville situation you know they fired their President, they fired their AD and they fired their basketball coach. They have an interim President who is a UK alum and who is clesning up a huge mess, much of which can be traced to the Jurich regime. Sometimes when things seem to good to be true they turn out to be just that. All that Addidas money was going to Slick Rick and who’s daughter enjoyed a cushy Addidas Job? Anyway, you might not be a fan, but few people in Indiana sell Mitch short! (No pun intended)

Last edited:
td75 : Purdue beat a "shot -to-pieces " IU team ?? They got your " "weakest punch of the season ? " Seven days before the Bucket Game you skull-f___d Rutgers 41 - 0 !! Out of gas, though, in 7 days. Musta been a bitch of a practice week, huh ?

Reactions: joe for prez
Td75 keeps dropping gems.

How are we the ones obsessing when this is a yet another Purdue thread on an IU board?

As the saying goes, if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound? I think it is safe to say that you got a map, planned your hike, took a bus to the subway, hoped a train, and hitched to the outskirts of town to walk into the Forrest here on the IU board.

I enjoy your posts actually. Seem like a good guy. The banter/subject just isn’t going anywhere...
But as long as people keep cutting the trees, feel free to listen to them fall since you made the trip :)

As the saying goes, if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound? I think it is safe to say that you got a map, planned your hike, took a bus to the subway, hoped a train, and hitched to the outskirts of town to walk into the Forrest here on the IU board.

I enjoy your posts actually. Seem like a good guy. The banter/subject just isn’t going anywhere...
But as long as people keep cutting the trees, feel free to listen to them fall since you made the trip :)

Well said!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT