ADVERTISEMENT

Keats learned the game from Pitino.

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
What has turned around at NC State is they are playing great perimeter defense, during this run. A lot of you think Purdue is going to kill them I'm not so sure. Burns on Eddy is a bad matchup. Burns can't get off the floor to contest him. and because of the size difference Burns will appear to be undercutting him and will certainly be in foul trouble, however state does have other size so can run multiple guys at him. if they let the guards play physical with Loyer and Smith, I can see NC State hanging with Purdue.

What has turned around at NC State is they are playing great perimeter defense, during this run. A lot of you think Purdue is going to kill them I'm not so sure. Burns on Eddy is a bad matchup. Burns can't get off the floor to contest him. and because of the size difference Burns will appear to be undercutting him and will certainly be in foul trouble, however state does have other size so can run multiple guys at him. if they let the guards play physical with Loyer and Smith, I can see NC State hanging with Purdue.
If you're in the FF....then you are hanging with anybody.

Yes, they are good on the perimeter, but Middlebrooks (Burns backup) is also foul prone. If they call the game as they have, it just means Edey will be making a ton of trips to the FT line again and both Burns and Middlebrooks will be in foul trouble. The announcers kind of dance around it, but seem afraid to question how Edey can draw 17+ fouls in a game, and yet not get called for any (the one he got called for yesterday was trying to crowd a guy out of bounds after a loose ball, not on the player defending or whom he was guarding).

People were making a big deal about Edey getting 40 yesterday, but I'm surprised it wasn't more with 22 FT attempts. He'd have had 45 if not for a bad FT shooting game.

Yes, they are good on the perimeter, but Middlebrooks (Burns backup) is also foul prone. If they call the game as they have, it just means Edey will be making a ton of trips to the FT line again and both Burns and Middlebrooks will be in foul trouble. The announcers kind of dance around it, but seem afraid to question how Edey can draw 17+ fouls in a game, and yet not get called for any (the one he got called for yesterday was trying to crowd a guy out of bounds after a loose ball, not on the player defending or whom he was guarding).

People were making a big deal about Edey getting 40 yesterday, but I'm surprised it wasn't more with 22 FT attempts. He'd have had 45 if not for a bad FT shooting game.
Mike Greenburg was talking about it on his show he gave Eddy credit. But said its unreal what he gets away with.

Reactions: kkott
Mike Greenburg was talking about it on his show he gave Eddy credit. But said its unreal what he gets away with.
Refs react to Edey...

tVz4G0.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT