ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when 75% of you guys said Caleb Love

Could kick rocks? Just hit 30 points on 5-7 from deep at the under 12 TO.

He would have been phenomenal, but my god how did we not get a guard that could dribble? So frustrating.
I wonder what happened in that meeting. I know his options changed after that.

I wonder what happened in that meeting. I know his options changed after that.
Love will be an NBA player, he was the best player on the court and dominating the FF and so close. Whatever led to him not being here had better be a pretty good story with the trouble we've had to tolerate with discipline/motivation issues on this current team.

He would have been phenomenal, but my god how did we not get a guard that could dribble? So frustrating.
And yet here is UNC without him playing great basketball. Not a take that Love would be bad for IU but a testament to Carolina’s program and coaching. IU has talent, but guards are clearly a glaring issue and having no SG is glaring. Ingrim was a nice added piece for them.

Last edited:
Love will be an NBA player, he was the best player on the court and dominating the FF and so close. Whatever led to him not being here had better be a pretty good story with the trouble we've had to tolerate with discipline/motivation issues on this current team.
IMHO I think it was guarantees and hell it could’ve been academic reasons? Lots of questions. I’m not sure he was that interested. Who knows.

Indiana needed shooters and didn't get any. Johnson is certainly adequate as a ball handler when he is healthy.

I wasn’t in favor of Love. At the time, I couldn’t fathom how badly X was going to be, and how inconsistent Trey was going to be, and how 1 dimensional as a player Mack was going to be, and that Newton wasn’t going to be available at all, and that Gunn would make NO improvements…

In hindsight, I was wrong. Love is exactly the type of guard Woody needed/needs. He’s a guy that can play in ISO, in the pick and roll, and can get his own offense.

I wasn’t in favor of Love. At the time, I couldn’t fathom how badly X was going to be, and how inconsistent Trey was going to be, and how 1 dimensional as a player Mack was going to be, and that Newton wasn’t going to be available at all, and that Gunn would make NO improvements…

In hindsight, I was wrong. Love is exactly the type of guard Woody needed/needs. He’s a guy that can play in ISO, in the pick and roll, and can get his own offense.
Yes….because we get nothing out of off-ball offense. Catch and shoot only occurs off a post double. The post doesn’t catch the ball and shoot…it always requires a move to gain advantage. If you are going to play this way you need the Uber talented or you’re screwed

I don't know. I do know that UNC is playing really well without him and no one in baby blue misses him, but they had a good infusion of talent too. I think on this team with this coach/staff, he'd have caused problems, but just my opinion. I suspect AZ's coach has done a good job of working with Love to get him to accept a role. Just because he has skills we lack, doesn't mean it would have been a good marriage.

the guy we missed on was Dalton Knecht, not Love.
Missed on both. Knecht is a forward/3 guard. Love can play point and 2. One doesn’t really affect the other but I agree that would’ve put people in their more natural spots on the floor. Would’ve been sweet having them. I was very mixed on Love.

Reactions: Spartans9312

I was not a fan ,woulda shouda

Yep my did lives in Tucson we were talking about that last night how many on this board wanted nothing to do with love. Lol.

Reactions: Cavanagh
So we are only evaluating Painter and Woodson on head to head matchups? Lets be real about the state of their programs.

Cav... we are roughly the same age, and I do not know about your coaching background, if there is any. However, I am pretty confident in the fact I know more about the game than you do. You probably are better off not engaging in a debate. You seem like a guy who watches planes take off, and think you could pilot one.

Can dribble, create, and get to the rim at will. Why would we want one of those? Only guy that can do it on our team we hate and wanna kick off.
Yep we were told we don't need him cause we had Galloway and gunn was going play major minutes. Man I wish I had saved some of those posts. Will be the same this summer. Some will claim cupps will be all big ten next year. Bank it

Yep we were told we don't need him cause we had Galloway and gunn was going play major minutes. Man I wish I had saved some of those posts. Will be the same this summer. Some will claim cupps will be all big ten next year. Bank it
That’s not all true. Most was they didn’t want another headcase. It was a true mixed emotions type feeling.

Off topic. How is your wife doing with her battle against cancer?
About as well of an outcome so far as anyone could hope. Fingers crossed that tsovo will be fda approved for her this spring. If it becomes available then it will help make her type of cancer a treatable chronic disease. She is even open to going back to work. Things are good right now.

Can dribble, create, and get to the rim at will. Why would we want one of those? Only guy that can do it on our team we hate and wanna kick off.
And how many games have we won since hes been back with all of these skills he possess? I might be wrong but I think he has more f2s (along with some f1s thrown in) than the team has wins. And you are right. I was one who wanted him gone after the stupid moves he made playing NASCAR, breaking curfew and being a great example of what an IU basketball captain is supposed to be for the team, and especially the underclassmen But IM happy with him being back now. His skills are on full display for everyone to see and he proves my point every time he steps on the floor. By the way, I love Cheetos, and Im happy to be a dumbass or anything else someone wants to call me.

And how many games have we won since hes been back with all of these skills he possess? I might be wrong but I think he has more f2s (along with some f1s thrown in) than the team has wins. And you are right. I was one who wanted him gone after the stupid moves he made playing NASCAR, breaking curfew and being a great example of what an IU basketball captain is supposed to be for the team, and especially the underclassmen But IM happy with him being back now. His skills are on full display for everyone to see and he proves my point every time he steps on the floor. By the way, I love Cheetos, and Im happy to be a dumbass or anything else someone wants to call me.
Sounds good Cheeto boy.

Reactions: bbafficionado
To me it still comes back to the fact that as poorly overall XJ has played this year, he still gives us the best chance of winning now…. But barely. Is it worth it at this point? Cav clearly has delusional behaviors regarding X because of whatever NIL relationship he has with him. Cupps plays his ass off but has limitations “good X” doesn’t have. Woody has backed himself into a corner by his pathetic roster management and utilization. The only chance he has to keep his ass from getting hot as hell is to go on a major run now. Though infinitely unlikely, the ONLY chance that has of occurring is with Ware and XJ both playing major roles

Reactions: Tammany Hall
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT