ADVERTISEMENT

Post your Friday jams here!!!

No, Henley wasn't bad with the Eagles, they never truly queefed out. He was though pretty bad as a solo pop act. His greed though, has to be noted. Dude, is one of the musical anti-christs along with Chet Atkins. He helped wreck music.

Watching the Eagles documentary, I've gotta say Glenn Frey had to be an equal or greater greed influence. Essentially when they reunited the 2 of them decided they deserved the greater portion of the pie due to their success during the break-up/hiatus. And in the documentary, Frey seemed to be the bigger douche about it.

Chet Atkins too huh? Haven't heard that one.....fill me in if you don't mind or have the time.
Quickly since I have to go do something..

One hell of a musician, took Travis Picking and fingerstyle country guitar to a new height. But, he was one of the biggest backers of the Nashville model. He became more of a businessman as time went on. The Nashville model treats musicians and writers like minimum age workers, while making sure the asshat front man, producer and label get the largest pieces of the pie.

Reactions: IUecho87
Quickly since I have to go do something..

One hell of a musician, took Travis Picking and fingerstyle country guitar to a new height. But, he was one of the biggest backers of the Nashville model. He became more of a businessman as time went on. The Nashville model treats musicians and writers like minimum age workers, while making sure the asshat front man, producer and label get the largest pieces of the pie.

Appreciate it....

Country music is unpleasing to my ears.....every song sounds the same for the last 15-20 years....resulting from the "Nashville model" you speak of, I assume.

I heard this on NPR and have liked it, and love the sentiment of the song! Surprisingly, they played this song among others. Chris Stapleton... let me know whatcha think! First album I believe. He's on tour so I'm going to try and catch him in June:

Any song by Queen that is piano based was absolutely incredible. Their guitar based music was very average...but anything that you could tell was written on the piano was pretty magnificent. This starts off their best album 'A Night at the Opera'. Amazing tune, amazing lyrics.

Radiohead's Opus. This was when you knew these Oxford fellows we're free to do what they wanted and Capitol Records couldn't stop them as they achieved both popular and critical acclaim. Very few bands get this. They will be one of the few bands who are absolute locks to be first ballot hall of famers. They are the Led Zepplin of Alternative music.

Reactions: markeli8
Obscure Radiohead. Intense, weird time signatures, moody and ominous chord structures and a great melody on top of all of the weirdness. Nirvana and Radiohead both had a skill to be able to throw catchy melodies over the strangest chord progressions. So much more interesting that typical popular tripe.

Radiohead's Opus. This was when you knew these Oxford fellows we're free to do what they wanted and Capitol Records couldn't stop them as they achieved both popular and critical acclaim. Very few bands get this. They will be one of the few bands who are absolute locks to be first ballot hall of famers. They are the Led Zepplin of Alternative music.

I'm sorry.....but WTF did I just watch? :)

Are pyschedelics a requirement to view their videos??

I'm sorry.....but WTF did I just watch? :)

Are pyschedelics a requirement to view their videos??

Ha ha they definitely don't hurt!

Radiohead's vibe has always been the feeling of uneasiness...like walking on thin ice. The whole 'everything looks fine on the outside but it's phucked up on the inside and could all collapse at a moments notice' kind of uneasiness. It's weird.

So yeah, light it up if you got em!

I still can't over them two hanging out. I mean it makes sense in a way but I woudl so love to hear one of their conversations. If they were a reality TV show I would watch it.

I still can't over them two hanging out. I mean it makes sense in a way but I woudl so love to hear one of their conversations. If they were a reality TV show I would watch it.

As strange as it is, I can easily see it. They come from different worlds, but have quite similar outlooks on life.

I would love to spend a day hanging out with those two. It would be hard for me to find two other living people I would rather spend a day with.

Reactions: T.M.P.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT