ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Targets

Still quite a few good QBs out there that would fit. TA mentioned they can bring in transfers for visits 1/4 to 1/9. Here are some names I like.

Spencer Sanders
Chance Nolan
Malik Hornsby

I thought we had a shot at Jones. I think he made a mistake but Best luck.
Why did he make a mistake? Just because he didn’t choose our school? He’s signed on with a better coach, a bowl team and a school infinitely more committed to football. Cincy and IU are light years apart in football. It’s a much more promising situation over there. Can you blame him?

Clearly seeing a trend, IU is going for seemingly highly productive players from smaller programs. And to me, a kid who produced at a smaller college program is likley more prepared to play at IU than a new HS FR or possibly a kid from elite program who never saw the field. It's not sexy, but think if IU lands 10-12 kids with proven results at their smaller programs - that are still D1 in most cases right - that is a sound approach for IU.
Hopefully more so than Parker Hanna

Reactions: vesuvius13 and mk30
Be nice, i am one of the few that has stuck up for you around here.

...and thorazine doesn't even make sense in a joke
I do apologize.
You do put up with a lot of my bullshit and you are a good supporter of IU athletics. Last two years have beaten me to a pulp following this university and I don’t think they have the right people running the show. Doesn’t mean I don’t care, just very cynical with the direction of the 2 breadwinners under Dolson’s leadership.

I do apologize.
You do put up with a lot of my bullshit and you are a good supporter of IU athletics. Last two years have beaten me to a pulp following this university and I don’t think they have the right people running the show. Doesn’t mean I don’t care, just very cynical with the direction of the 2 breadwinners under Dolson’s leadership.
No need to apologize. I get it. I can see and empathize with a fellow long-suffering grad fan as opposed to a troll.

Trashing the whole situation over and over only makes you nuts and stirs the pot, enboldening the ne'er-do-wells here.

Last year I decided to stop allowing 21 year old kids to ruin my weekends, especially the home games in Btown. We only have so many years left to get down there and Btown is too special of a place on a fall Sat not to love every minute of it. If we win...great. If not...enjoy the weekend. I was only so sucessful in making this change after (like you) almost 40 years and hundreds of thousands of $$ spent with the AD/VC. Another step next year.

MBB is a different scenario for me, for another post some day.

I know I give Glass and now Dolson the benefit of the doubt, particualarly on body of work...I know both of them professionally and they are good people.

Hang in there and merry christmas.

I sometimes wonder what happens to all the players in the portal that don’t get picked up. I know we had quite a few leave; a couple to Michigan, one to Oklahoma…the others?

Reactions: vesuvius13
I sometimes wonder what happens to all the players in the portal that don’t get picked up. I know we had quite a few leave; a couple to Michigan, one to Oklahoma…the others?
PK to Tennessee and a WR to UAB as well.

Keys announced an offer from Miss St. on Twitter recently. Haven't seen much of anything from any of the rest still in the portal.

Nearly all of them just quit the sport, either due to a lack of interest, academic struggles, injuries, or some combination of all three.

Good call. Looks like we offered him.

He seems like he could be the right fit if we land him.

“The Warhawks’ starting quarterback for the 2022 season, Rogers finished the year with career-best numbers: 2,403 yards, 15 touchdowns and 7 interceptions with a 67.5 CMP%. Those are excellent stats. They’re even better if you zoom in. Rogers played without a ton of help at ULM. Nearly 10% of his passes were dropped this season, per PFF. So if you look at his adjusted completion percentage of 79.4%, it’d rank seventh nationally among all FBS passers.”

That is a fair critique as Hanna was not B10 ready or material. Of portal guys signed so far, I don’t feel like they got Hanna types. Even the UMass OL is coming from D1 not D2 or D3.
Hanna was a very last second D-2 pick up who played far, far, above anyone on the staffs expectations and/or his actual ability...

Imagine if we hadn't had him stepping up to play Right Tackle when we desperately needed him, or anyone, to do so...

The guy literally got tossed into to the FBS level fire and did his best relative to the circumstances...

I'm glad we had him...

Hanna was a very last second D-2 pick up who played far, far, above anyone on the staffs expectations and/or his actual ability...

Imagine if we hadn't had him stepping up to play Right Tackle when we desperately needed him, or anyone, to do so...

The guy literally got tossed into to the FBS level fire and did his best relative to the circumstances...

I'm glad we had him...
I take a little different tact. The dude really struggled, and now he’s gone. Who else could’ve gotten those snaps and built experience?? Every snap he got was one an underclassman didn’t.

I take a little different tact. The dude really struggled, and now he’s gone. Who else could’ve gotten those snaps and built experience?? Every snap he got was one an underclassman didn’t.
The reason the underclassman didn't was because he clearly wasn't ready to hack it ...

He (the underclassman) got his snaps and most of them were wonderful on tape auditions for backcountry Bullfighter gigs (he'd never hack it as a big timer there either)...

Last edited:
The reason the underclassman didn't was because he wasn't clearly wasn't ready to hack it ... He (the underclassman) got his snaps and most of them were great on tape auditions for backcountry Bullfighter gigs...
Apparently you thought more of Hanna’s performance than I did. Because what you described is pretty close to the words I would have used to explain his play.

Apparently you thought more of Hanna’s performance than I did. Because what you described is pretty close to the words I would have used to explain his play.
I was impressed that he was just able to stay in front of his guy more than half the time... Thd guy came straight from D-2 to competing against Big Ten level athleticism...

Guess you missed the underclassman (S) routinely whiffing on what were supposed to be blocks and then our QB finding a way to make a very bad situation even worse...

Done here...

I can refer to dvr'd games second by second. nearly frame by frame but I sure as h ll don't want to relive that garbage over and over again...

Believe what you wish, clearly nothing I type will change your mind...

I was impressed that he was just able to stay in front of his guy more than half the time... Thd guy came straight from D-2 to competing against Big Ten level athleticism...

Guess you missed the underclassman (S) routinely whiffing on what were supposed to be blocks and then our QB finding a way to make a very bad situation even worse...

Done here...

I can refer to dvr'd games second by second. nearly frame by frame but I sure as h ll don't want to relive that garbage over and over again...

Believe what you wish, clearly nothing I type will change your mind...
I hope with our new OL coach these issues will resolve themselves as Bostad is very good. Our OL will show who has talent and which ones don't if any.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT