ADVERTISEMENT

Kel'el Ware Breaks Combine Record

Ware to me is the NBA version of Isaiah Jackson for the Pacers! Can jump real high and is long and can block shots at the rim and get alley-oops, just can he be a consistent outside shooter is the only question!? He is better than TJD in that area, but TJD is better down low, basically because he ended up in the perfect spot in GS! I dont see him going anywhere to be a starter, but just a role player. But he can stick around for a decade or so making a good living being a backup pf/c! Probably a longer pro career than Edey imo!
i think he showed his touch with his shooting many times this season..

Reactions: kkott
He came at me first bro. Have you watched and learned??
It's the zeal with which you post things you interpret as negatives. You had the deal where about five minutes after Rice committed, you were absolutely exuberant about a tweet that was criticizing that acquisition. You got bashed about the head repeatedly after that but it doesn't slow your roll.

You repeatedly deny your Purdue fandom but it's a tough buy.

It's the zeal with which you post things you interpret as negatives. You had the deal where about five minutes after Rice committed, you were absolutely exuberant about a tweet that was criticizing that acquisition. You got bashed about the head repeatedly after that but it doesn't slow your roll.

You repeatedly deny your Purdue fandom but it's a tough buy.
Not a PU fan, respect how they have done it for sure.
I guess I’m tired of Iu having better “talent”, money, NBA players, etc but not winning anything.

Yes, the "some" are generally referred to as Indiana basketball fans. I'm sure Ware's mom loves him no matter what. That really isn't the case for the majority of IU fans, who would rather win games....regardless of how high he can reach.
Well of course everyone wants to win games, but it’s not Ware’s fault we didn’t win more games this year. He did his share. This thread was about his achievements at the combine. Good for him! I’m sure big men will continue to look at IU with TJD and now Ware making an impact. Some people just enjoy turning every thread into a negative jab.

Well of course everyone wants to win games, but it’s not Ware’s fault we didn’t win more games this year. He did his share. This thread was about his achievements at the combine. Good for him! I’m sure big men will continue to look at IU with TJD and now Ware making an impact. Some people just enjoy turning every thread into a negative jab.
I think it’s all perspective. Hey it’s great we are going to put 3 guys in the league in last two drafts but it’s also fair to question….ok so why aren’t we winning??

Ware to me is the NBA version of Isaiah Jackson for the Pacers! Can jump real high and is long and can block shots at the rim and get alley-oops, just can he be a consistent outside shooter is the only question!? He is better than TJD in that area, but TJD is better down low, basically because he ended up in the perfect spot in GS! I dont see him going anywhere to be a starter, but just a role player. But he can stick around for a decade or so making a good living being a backup pf/c! Probably a longer pro career than Edey imo!
W are shoots much, much better and has the better shot-blocking ability.

I guess I’m tired of Iu having better “talent”, money, NBA players, etc but not winning anything.
I think most of us feel the same way. It's nauseating to watch all the PU excited while IU stays home and hasn't done anything in recent memory. Even if they typically get embarrassed at the end.

But it's the off-season and hope springs eternal. I'm hopeful the issues have been roster construction and a learning curve to the the coaches learning the college game. This year will tell. Otherwise it's back to a new coach, again.

Reactions: bsmitty08
when you gain the capacity to learn you may understand...

This thread was about the accomplishment of an IU player who got 100 out of 100 on his scores, which Ware himself attributed his improvement to Woodson and staff, yet here you are with your agenda of denigrating Woodson. You can not help yourself. You will learn in time.
He will not learn.

that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, please tell me it was a joke​
Well the current rule says … https://official.nba.com/rule-no-9-free-throws-and-penalties/

b. The free throw shooter may not step over the plane of the free throw line until the ball touches the basket ring, backboard or the free throw ends.

Like that famous line from “Who Shot Liberty Valance” … print the legend.

Then again, Google reports

In 1956, in response to reports that Wilt Chamberlain was able to dunk free throws, the NCAA established a rule requiring that free-throw shooters keep both feet behind the free-throw line during an attempt. The NBA later adopted this rule.

… According to Wikipedia

… best thing I found … it was a running start

Last edited:
??? Nothing to show for it? Ware had a very good year.
Last I checked in he was getting run off the court by Nebraska.

I like Kel'el. Talented player and was able to do a lot of things for the Hoosiers. But leading them out of the seller isn't that much cause for celebration. It is if you play at Navy (david robinson) or Colgate (adonyl foyle)
Agreed. That's the jist of it.

I think it’s all perspective. Hey it’s great we are going to put 3 guys in the league in last two drafts but it’s also fair to question….ok so why aren’t we winning??
Key players have been hurt the last two years. Do you think that could come in play? I do.

Key players have been hurt the last two years. Do you think that could come in play? I do.
Not enough to miss the ncaa entirely last year.
We looked like a poorly coached team last year. Lazy, poor shooting, FT shooting, turnovers, fundamentals. Etc

Next year looks like another really talented roster. We will see if it is a team.

Not enough to miss the ncaa entirely last year.
We looked like a poorly coached team last year. Lazy, poor shooting, FT shooting, turnovers, fundamentals. Etc

Next year looks like another really talented roster. We will see if it is a team.
How could you say they are lazy?

Yes, the "some" are generally referred to as Indiana basketball fans. I'm sure Ware's mom loves him no matter what. That really isn't the case for the majority of IU fans, who would rather win games....regardless of how high he can reach.
Still no reason to shit on him just because you didn't get a cookie.. You can want IU to win, and still be happy for Ware... it's not that tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT