ADVERTISEMENT

Poor Rudy

If you hang out with a shitty person, some of it will rub off on you.

Funny how his lawyers never talk about weaponization of the First Amendment (which is what Rudy apparently tried to do in this case):

With Rudy's mounting legal fees and the serious threat of jail time, I think it's only a matter of when - not if - he turns on Trump. What will be fascinating is watching all the Trump cultists STILL claim it's a far-left plot to take Trump down when not a single Democrat/left-leaning person will be turning state's witness.

With Rudy's mounting legal fees and the serious threat of jail time, I think it's only a matter of when - not if - he turns on Trump. What will be fascinating is watching all the Trump cultists STILL claim it's a far-left plot to take Trump down when not a single Democrat/left-leaning person will be turning state's witness.
The court ruling noted that Rudy traveled to his Georgia surrender in a chartered plane. No one knows yet who paid for that. If there was a donor, maybe he/she/it will give Rudy more.

And some of Rudy's filings indicate he is being charged something like $20,000 per month by some kind of security company to store and manage all of his documents that might be of issue. He says he can't afford to pay the company so he is having trouble getting assistance to access the documents he was supposed to produce. So there definitely is financial pressure to resolve these cases.

But Rudy is 79 now. I wonder what kind of effective witness he would be. I haven't heard Rudy say anything but rehearsed sound bites in a long time. Testifying in these cases would require a lot of focus and memory, even from a younger guy.

Reactions: larsIU
The court ruling noted that Rudy traveled to his Georgia surrender in a chartered plane. No one knows yet who paid for that. If there was a donor, maybe he/she/it will give Rudy more.

And some of Rudy's filings indicate he is being charged something like $20,000 per month by some kind of security company to store and manage all of his documents that might be of issue. He says he can't afford to pay the company so he is having trouble getting assistance to access the documents he was supposed to produce. So there definitely is financial pressure to resolve these cases.

But Rudy is 79 now. I wonder what kind of effective witness he would be. I haven't heard Rudy say anything but rehearsed sound bites in a long time. Testifying in these cases would require a lot of focus and memory, even from a younger guy.

Rudy isn't senile, and some things one doesn't easily forget.

enough motivation, and Rudy's mental state shouldn't be an issue.

that said, wasn't it Rudy who once said his protection was knowing where all Trump's bodies were buried.

of course, Trump was in office at the time.

Trump can't protect him now, is unlikely he can in the future, and questionable whether he he would if he could.

Agreed. There's no way Giuliani is going down with - - or for - - Trump. He'll flip, and it's likely a deal is already being negotiated. Then he'll ink a nice book deal and start showing up at Yankee games again if they ever start winning again (doubtful, though, as long as Cashman and Boone are calling the shots).

And yes, the parade of trial witnesses with respect to any of the Georgia defendants will be mostly Republicans.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
If you hang out with a shitty person, some of it will rub off on you.

Funny how his lawyers never talk about weaponization of the First Amendment (which is what Rudy apparently tried to do in this case):

I think just the opposite. Giuliani’s BS rubbed off on Trump and Trump believed what G was saying.

I don’t think Giuliani is senile, but there is definitely something wrong upstairs. He came out of being mayor a pretty well-respected politician, then his campaign for president cratered, he has never been the same since.

I think just the opposite. Giuliani’s BS rubbed off on Trump and Trump believed what G was saying.

I don’t think Giuliani is senile, but there is definitely something wrong upstairs. He came out of being mayor a pretty well-respected politician, then his campaign for president cratered, he has never been the same since.
Too funny, guy. Your sequence of events is a bit off.

Giuliani craves the spotlight. He needed to be relevant again. Trump gave him that opportunity.

Rudy, like so many others, veered off-course after he hitched his wagon to the Trump train.

Everything Trump touches eventually turns to shit. If you don't believe me, I'll provide a list when I have more time.

And Giuliani has "something wrong upstairs" while Trump is perfectly sane? You're a riot!

Too funny, guy. Your sequence of events is a bit off.

Giuliani craves the spotlight. He needed to be relevant again. Trump gave him that opportunity.

Rudy, like so many others, veered off-course after he hitched his wagon to the Trump train.

Everything Trump touches eventually turns to shit. If you don't believe me, I'll provide a list when I have more time.

And Giuliani has "something wrong upstairs" while Trump is perfectly sane? You're a riot!
Giuliani was a train wreck before Trump hired him for the 2020 election fight. . Giuliani wanted to be AG and Trump rejected that.
Whutabout Trump anyway?

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory

I don't think Giuliani or Trump really believe the election was stolen. I don't think either of them are that dumb. Didn't Giuliani already admit that what he was saying about it was false? I thought I read that somewhere.

Right. It just so happens that multiple previously reputable people get around Trump and suddenly start doing crazy, illegal, corrupt things. But it’s not Trump. Just a coincidence.

I don't think Giuliani or Trump really believe the election was stolen. I don't think either of them are that dumb. Didn't Giuliani already admit that what he was saying about it was false? I thought I read that somewhere.
Trump talks so much about the election I don’t know what he actually believes.

Giulianni admitted to defamation in the Georgia case. Maybe that is what you are thinking of.

Whike some of Trumps advisors say the election was stolen, and Giuliani tried unsuccessfully to show that in an administration hearing, I think the larger point from some of the indicted lawyers was that the election was illegal because Covid changes were made by emergency order not by regular process. That issue has never been litigated because courts won’t touch it. Probably because there is nothing that can be done anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
Right. It just so happens that multiple previously reputable people get around Trump and suddenly start doing crazy, illegal, corrupt things. But it’s not Trump. Just a coincidence.
Who are you talking about? Once you get past Giuliani and Powell, (both of whom weren't playing with a full deck before Trump) what attorneys did crazy corrupt things? They made weak arguments, so what? Layers are making weak arguments about Section 3 of the 14th amendment, are they crazy and corrupt?

Who are you talking about? Once you get past Giuliani and Powell, (both of whom weren't playing with a full deck before Trump) what attorneys did crazy corrupt things? They made weak arguments, so what? Layers are making weak arguments about Section 3 of the 14th amendment, are they crazy and corrupt?
She made no mention of attorneys.

If you want to blame a lawyer for the way Trump turned out, I think Trump's mentor Roy Cohn probably was more influential. Does this tactic sound familiar?

"His combative personality would often come out in the threatening letters he would send to those who dared to prosecute or sue his clients."​

Cohn prosecuted and convicted Julius and Ethel Rosenberg of espionage, leading to their execution, amidst allegations of prosecutorial misconduct. "professor Alan Dershowitz wrote that the Rosenbergs were "guilty – and framed."

Cohn also has the distinction of representing other aggressive clients like Senator Joseph McCarthy (yes, that one) and John Gotti.

Cohn's demise involved an absolute absence of ethics: "In 1986, he was disbarred by the Appellate Division of the New York State Supreme Court for unethical conduct after attempting to defraud a dying client by forcing the client to sign a will amendment leaving him his fortune."

What a guy.

This may be what you read. Giuliani told the Arizona House Speaker, "We've got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence.’"

"We've got lot of theories, we just don't have the evidence." - Rudy

Reactions: MrBing
You forgot Eastman.

Trump is overbearing, tells them the result he wants and demands they find a way to get him what he wants regardless of legalities. They all try to please him until he turns on them.

They may not have picked the intended result, but they sure picked some of the crazy methods which Trump has enthusiastically pursued to this day.

Trump is overbearing, tells them the result he wants and demands they find a way to get him what he wants regardless of legalities. They all try to please him until he turns on them.

They may not have picked the intended result, but they sure picked some of the crazy methods which Trump has enthusiastically pursued to this day.
We'll hear much about this, I'm sure, at one of more of the election subversion trials. "Team Normal" vs "Team Crazy." Pat Cipollone will be a key witness.

Reactions: Stuffshot
I think the larger point from some of the indicted lawyers was that the election was illegal because Covid changes were made by emergency order not by regular process. That issue has never been litigated because courts won’t touch it.
I think it was never litigated because there was nothing to litigate. As always, I am not a lawyer, but my understanding is that the provisions for changing the voting process were based upon public health and safety measures, which most state laws had allowances for. Despite what we know now, Covid WAS a national emergency at the time.

You would have to have some basis for concluding that the different emergency processes were creating fraudulent results. Allowing people to vote early or via dropbox is not enough to create that basis. The only possible argument that could be considered was the fact that ballots were mailed out en-mass. However, the vote tallies still have their voter rolls to know whether a returned ballot was legal or not and whether multiple ballots were submitted or not. You would have to show documentable examples of how those emergency policies created fraudulent votes to create a basis of investigation in order to challenge the results.

They had two months to find it and found nothing.

Reactions: outside shooter
Trump talks so much about the election I don’t know what he actually believes.

Giulianni admitted to defamation in the Georgia case. Maybe that is what you are thinking of.

Whike some of Trumps advisors say the election was stolen, and Giuliani tried unsuccessfully to show that in an administration hearing, I think the larger point from some of the indicted lawyers was that the election was illegal because Covid changes were made by emergency order not by regular process. That issue has never been litigated because courts won’t touch it. Probably because there is nothing that can be done anyway.

one can say changes were made by emergency order, but there is no way to ever prove said changes had any effect on outcomes.

to do so, one would need to prove X number of those using mail in/drop box voting, otherwise wouldn't have voted.

how exactly does anyone prove that?

and prove what percent of those who used mail in/drop box that wouldn't have otherwise voted, voted Dem instead of Pub.

good luck proving that too.

a lot of those who probably wouldn't have voted had they not had a mail in/drop box option, were old people, and that isn't exactly the Dems strongest demo.

keep up your daily propaganda quest to make the rich richer at everyone else's expense, that must make your life so fulfilled.

Giuliani was a train wreck before Trump hired him for the 2020 election fight. . Giuliani wanted to be AG and Trump rejected that.

Whutabout Trump anyway?

oh so you can mention trump but anyone that refutes your point gets a whatabout response?

um ok.

Will you ever get over Trump?

Cuckoo TDS.

Rudy says he was never allowed to mount a defense.
He said he has proof of the illegality of the mother and daughter's actions and will provide it soon. He will probably provide just enough proof so that the plaintiffs can sue him for another $150 million.

He said he has proof of the illegality of the mother and daughter's actions and will provide it soon. He will probably provide just enough proof so that the plaintiffs can sue him for another $150 million.

The guy had the world by the balls and he blew it all in fealty to Donald Trump. While far from the only one, he's an especially tragic figure in this whole drama.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT