ADVERTISEMENT

Penix done for the season

So what was your problem with what I said? You were offended that Ramsey has to work harder to equal Penix's performance? Ramsey and the coaches would probably agree that Penix's talent would require a lot of people to work harder to measure up. To Ramsey's credit, he has done that.

The Penix - Ramsey debate is OVER. We will miss Penix, but I am damn glad we have Ramsey. It is time to get Tuttle ready.

My problem is that one doesn't have to work harder than the other. We very well may be in better position with Ramsey as we were with Penix. So to hint at the idea that one has to work harder to equal the other, is a backhanded compliment. I don't think Penix is better than Ramsey, I think they are equal. I don't think Penix or Ramsey has to work harder to be the equal, they simply are equal. Long term I think Penix had a shot of improving and becoming the better player but he would've had to of stayed healthy.

The debate was over a month ago. Penix is great for our depth. As long as Ramsey stays healthy, than IU will not miss a beat no matter who is playing.

Reactions: BayernFan
*recognizing the extra zip on Penix's balls (after someone points it out) doesn't make one an expert in evaluating quarterbacks
*finding stats to support a conclusion one has already reached isn't research
*name calling and cursing doesn't make one's argument stronger
*we all love football but we all have a lot to learn about this game, a little humility is a good thing
*it seems like some of you want Ramsey to do badly just so you can say HA! I was right!
*whatever your opinion support our guys, we still have four games to play

Well said!

My eyes tell me M. Penix is an outstanding QB and IU is fortunate to have him; can't wait to see him on the field again next year. My heart tells me P. Ramsey is an outstanding QB and IU is fortunate to have him; can't wait to see him take the field against PSU. My mind, body, and soul is telling me this is one hell of a good year for IU football and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Looking forward to IU playing a bowl game here in sunny FL. Go HOOSIERS !!!

We scored 21 points in 27 minutes with MP playing......10 points in about the same time with PR starting. PR got sacked on his 1st pass attempt after Penix had fairly routinely avoided the same pass rush for 27 minutes. I believe he was also sacked later.

There were similar #s in the MD game + had MP's pass at the 5 yard line not gone off Hendershot's hands (75% on Hendershot, 25% on Penix), we would have had another TD and the game would have been effectively over.
I have no intention of entering a debate about MP vs. PR but it does bother me when posters insert subjective stats or circumstances as though they were objective measurements. It's a disingenuous way to attempt to assert one's opinion as fact. The circumstances of Ramsey's entering and subsequent play against Northwestern were much different than Penix's situation in the same game. Comparing points or sacks of the two is a stretch.

And since we are submitting opinion and hypotheticals on the Maryland game, I'm going to have to strongly disagree with your take on the Hendershot pass. From my view, that was 100% on MP. That pass was both high and behind the receiver and entirely without proper touch. The only fault with Hendershot was trying to catch it which helped the defender when the ball popped up. Obviously PH was instinctively going to try to catch the ball. Regardless of how much one might "like Mike" that was a terrible pass and resulted in a big swing that kept the game competitive. A better pass there and we probably rout Md, much like Northwestern. But that happens to all QBs - I've seen similar mistakes from Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Reactions: hoosier roadtrips
This isn’t remotely accurate. PR might start for four other teams in their current qb scenarios (taking into account injuries), but that’s it. No real debate on this one.

This was debated in another thread. One of the few that you apparently missed trashing.

He had his best game against the 11th best defense in the country.

Time for your medication, Ord. That would be helpful for you.

The "Ordy-Rage" is ramping up due to the IU wins and national acclaim.

He will implode soon and it will be fun to watch.

Not sure why we can’t LEO and back the team? ( couldn’t resist ). Isn’t it great to have Peyton since Mike got hurt? Hell it’s great to have Peyton if Mike wasn’t hurt. It’s also great to have Jack too. Our current backup is a 4 star freshman. Let’s play ball. We got three games. Don’t need to waste time bitching about who we lost or how we might have done. Would have could have should have is a looser mentality. Go Hoosiers!

Oh, the drama. Give it a rest. First of all, I have been stating that both are equal therefore there is no drop off. That is 100% what I have been saying So explain why you say "we can just as easily support Ramsey for what he brings and Penix for what he brings"? That is literally agreeing with everything I have said so again, thank you for that.

Secondly, having an opinion is completely fine, where did I ever say it wasn't ok? You are on a forum that is open for discussion so when you provide an opinion with no facts, be expected to be called out on it. The problem is everyone I am calling out has no facts and are just spouting hate on Ramsey for no reason. You and everyone else that continues to bash Ramsey with backhanded compliments or act as if we are worse off now than we were .....I am going to call you out on it. If you disagree, back it up with facts as I have done over...and over....and over again. Just as Ramsey has with his play.

So, if you agree that they are equal, then you agree with me. Thanks.
LOL.

My eyes tell me M. Penix is an outstanding QB and IU is fortunate to have him; can't wait to see him on the field again next year. My heart tells me P. Ramsey is an outstanding QB and IU is fortunate to have him; can't wait to see him take the field against PSU. My mind, body, and soul is telling me this is one hell of a good year for IU football and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Looking forward to IU playing a bowl game here in sunny FL. Go HOOSIERS !!!
The biggest problem with Ramsey starting is that Penix isn't available to spell Ramsey if he gets tired, flustered or hurt the way Ramsey has been there to back up Penix. That might make DeBoer limit the playbook against teams like PSU, Michigan and that team up north that hates IU; Ramsey might not be able to run as much, or the downfield pass calls might be fewer, than opportunities might dictate.

Otherwise, I feel pretty confident that Ramsey will be OK out there, even against those teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT