ADVERTISEMENT

OT Oh the irony

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
Just read that Herbstreit called out FSU for not shaking hands after the game. I dont approve of them not doing so but come on,the man went to O$U for petes sake.
The most obnoxious, rude and egotistical fanbase on Earth.Went to game there and was spit on and told to f^^^ off by a 10 yr old while the dad laughed.This is while they were up by 40 pts.Hope Oregon puts up 60 on em.

I like Oregon too, may even place a wager on the Ducks.nm.

TD

Bama kids ran right off of the field...

and nobody said a word.

Blake Sims went into a dead sprint to the locker room without even looking at the OSU bench. Crickets.

I am not a betting man but

I just dont see Oregon being outscored in a shootout. Be interesting to see what the line opens on it.

Re: I like Oregon too, may even place a wager on the Ducks.nm.

Oregon looked great, but as an FSU fan I can't tell you if I have ever seen them give up the ball 5 times. At half it was a one score game, even though FSU was playing poorly. I thought the second half would be a shootout as the defenses tired, but only Oregon did the shooting. Hats off to Oregon. As for those who have been posting the FSU was "exposed". This is a program that has gone 27-1 over the last two years, and this year was 13-1 with 10 of those games coming against bowl bound teams (5 of them ranked). Oregon was the better team, but FSU just laid an egg.

I think one huge stat was that FSU is last in the fbs in points given up off turnovers. 5 might be a lot especially in a row. But FSU had not been taking care of the ball well anyway.

They didn't play many weak teams but also not many strong teams either. Yes they beat 5 ranked teams, but only 3 finished the year ranked and only one in the top 15 and none in the top 10. Plus they didn't look all that strong even against some very mediocre teams. No one is saying FSU is a bad team, but they certainly aren't a top 4 team. They may not even be a top 10 team.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

And your arrest record is long

Just one reason I no longer like FSU nor their coach.

You must have skipped when they played Louisville this year

Also the ACC is garbage which probably helped them look good.

Please list them, and any convictions in the last four years

I am unaware of only two.

They had three turnover ...

and they won. I am sure if they had two more that one would have been a loss. As to the strength of the ACC, it is as good as any conference this year- and they posted a wining record against the SEC (also if memory serves me correct - middle of the pack Va Tech beat tOSU).

Herbie was more obnoxious than FSU

Felt like he was doing more admonishing than commenting. Between hearing endlessly about how "everybody" maligned Oregon and their physicality and IT NEEDS TO STOP....and how disappointed he was in the 70% of the 'Noles who skipped the handshake, I had a strange urge to book an appointment with a therapist to address my guilt issues after the game.

Chillax, Captain Blowhard, you're bumming everybody out.

And I'm all for the post game handshake, but these playoff games seem to turn into instant celebrationpaloozas after the final gun. I can kinda see running for cover and letting the winners have their victory fest.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Thank you

I like him, but he was way off the mark. I was opposed to the playoff system, and you are seeing the results. It is great for ESPN, ABC and the major money makers, but it hurts the players and their schools. The message is you are the national champs or you are losers. Those players don't know how to respond. They are 18 to 22. In the prior days the players KNEW what their last game was, and many people could decide who was the "national champion" and all could debate it until the start of the next season. The bowl games were the last game and every bowl mattered. A conference championship was the goal and if some people or wire service declared you were the best- great. Did it matter that other differed in opinion- no. In fact it was good for the sport. I bet the Orange bowl was at 50% capacity, as was many of the other major bowls. I am not for giving the trophy away for "effort or participation", but the it is important to encourage competition. These young players now give it all and if they come up short or have a bad game it is now a wasted season. All of this is wrong and it is driven by TV and those who are profiting from a game that is more than just the game. That is why many fans watch college football and do not waste time watching the NFL (which is the same today as pro wrestling was 25 years ago). In all it is a very sad day for college football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT