ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Meanwhile, funny sh!t in Boil-down land

Congrats on making a bowl.

But to be fair, your weak OOC schedule got you a lot of the way there. Your team will likely be favored in the OOB game. It will crown your season to win it. We'll see of you do.

But to be fair, your weak OOC schedule got you a lot of the way there. Your team will likely be favored in the OOB game. It will crown your season to win it. We'll see of you do.

Nice try bitterboy but BSU vs IU is better than Two of your OOC opponents. PU's weak OOC also contributed to your 2 wins. You guys are banged up but it hasn't cost you a game yet.

The Bucket game will as always be your biggest game of the year, assuming your shithole stadium isn't condemned by then and that pos field is even playable.

All the laughter, the funny sh!t he calls it, dies in sorrow if we don’t win back the bucket. You know it, he knows it, I know it...gosh, I think EVERYONE must know it. It’s always been that way between arch rivals so despised.

IU is off to its best start since 1993 and just won in Lincoln with its backup qb. Kindly shove your shade up your arse. It wont be having much of an effect on iu fans today.

Nice game against the Illini, btw.

You mean Purdue's schedule EVERY year? There isnt a team in the West that can run their mouth with that horrible division. You need to play some real teams out of conference since you don't play many in conference.

All the laughter, the funny sh!t he calls it, dies in sorrow if we don’t win back the bucket. You know it, he knows it, I know it...gosh, I think EVERYONE must know it. It’s always been that way between arch rivals so despised.

Aww, cute. Is the bucket game Purdues bowl game? We may sit guys since we have to go play big boy football this winter.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It must be tough to be a little brother fan, be 2-6 with your Saviour coach, and have your rival 6-2 with their High School Coach.

Purdue fans will be miserable in November. Nothing to talk about.

I would agree the preconference schedule was weak. But we make up for it with a brutal B10 schedule. And yours wasn't much better and you lost 2 of those games. IU won all theirs as expected.

Aww, cute. Is the bucket game Purdues bowl game? We may sit guys since we have to go play big boy football this winter.
You must be one of those up and coming IU fans who like to think Kentucky is our biggest rival, a team we no longer play in either sport. I bet you can even smell the big river from where you must live. Is your trailer still moldy from the last flood? They say if you don’t crack a window, it affects the reasoning process. Now, that just drips of cute!

Nah, certainly IU grads want to pound the PUkes but a loss will do little to diminish what this young team is accomplishing.

IU would be stupid to schedule a tough OOC playing in the Big Ten East, which is why the upcoming Louisville series is a huge mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pigalow

We've recently won all of our non-conference games anyway. It's not like we're a bad team that got lucky to play some weak teams and beat them.

Reactions: Pigalow
Nice try bitterboy but BSU vs IU is better than Two of your OOC opponents. PU's weak OOC also contributed to your 2 wins. You guys are banged up but it hasn't cost you a game yet.

The Bucket game will as always be your biggest game of the year, assuming your shithole stadium isn't condemned by then and that pos field is even playable.
What are you serious you think injury 's Has not played a row in Purdue season. Well I will go with all the experts on what they're saying . I will say it again Indiana if you're going to Beat purdue you must do this year.

What are you serious you think injury 's Has not played a row in Purdue season. Well I will go with all the experts on what they're saying . I will say it again Indiana if you're going to Beat purdue you must do this year.
We were beat up all to hell when we played you in W. Laffy in 2017. So I can assume that you acknowledge that is the only reason we didn't beat your asses 5 times in a ROW. But I suspect you would prefer to believe that other factors - such as your genius new coach - played a ROLE in that Purdue win. You can't have it both ways, pal.

You will need a QB next year to do that.

Why? Seems Purdue is getting worse. They might just win one game next year. Looks like the bucket will be in btown for the foreseeable future until Brohm is run out of town. Maybe you could get Hazell back. He had some good players if they would have just hung with him.

Reactions: 76-1

Sagarin has Nevada at 124 with a schedule to date rated at the 82nd toughest schedule in the country. Vandy is at 98/31. The difference in OOC schedules is your TCU game.

In conference, though, we've taken care of our business by winning the games we've played other than the BiG 4 East games. We've beaten the Western Conference team we most closely resemble. Nebraska, at their place. You have your chance to show us up next week, at home against the same opponent, and then doing the same thing the next week.

We both have tough opponents leading up to the OOB game, but IU has 2 Sagarin top 10 teams to play, and y'all have 1 . . .

. . . sounds like a pretty good lead up to what hopefully will be a good OOB game.

Nope, a loss to Purdue would diminish the accomplishments of the season, as seen through my rose-colored spectacles. That’s how I was raised.

That is too bad. It would suck to lose to a lesser team and rival but it doesn't change reality

We played yesterday without two key linemen and we started a backup QB just like purdue.

BTW, we are also very young. We should be even better next year as most of our starters are freshmen or sophomores. Not only do I predict a win this year, but next year at home.

Illinois sucked on Saturday and still beat purdue by 3 scores. Brohm needs to yell more at his QBs!

Edit and PS: How bad is the purdue DL? Nebraska will win big next week!

Last edited:
Just sit guys and let the back-ups beat Purdue. That would be fun to see.

Which loss is due to injuries and wouldn't have happened regardless?

I would say yesterday vs a weak Ill team if the game had been even remotely close, but it wasn't...the team was not prepared by the coaches and PU has no run game when healthy which is required in the rain.

I do not go on Purdue boards so I do not know the feeling of the fans. I assume the coach is less well liked now but Purdue is still a dangerous team. Did they not do really well the last few games of last season?

IU will struggle stopping Purdue’s offense which is why it is so huge that they are bowl eligible heading into that game. A loss won’t end the season.

IU will struggle stopping Purdue’s offense which is why it is so huge that they are bowl eligible heading into that game. A loss won’t end the season.
Purdue game really doesn't matter now. Rest guys to keep them healthy for the bowl game that matters.
I'm worried about cheap shots by the PU sore losers. The OOB game is PU's Super Bowl.

I do not go on Purdue boards so I do not know the feeling of the fans. I assume the coach is less well liked now but Purdue is still a dangerous team. Did they not do really well the last few games of last season?
Purdue's record does not yet reflect how good of a team it is. They caught Nevada when PU's team hadn't had a chance to gel yet, and caught Illinois after Lovie finally got that team turning the corner. Let's see whether PU lays down to Nebraska next week and Northwestern the week after that.

Agreed. Would not be good to again be the more talented team and lose the bucket in spite of that.

How much is your school paying per win this year?

Here is the CBSSPORTS.com ranking of the 130 College Bowl Division teams as of last week:

IU Opponents out of Confrence: Ball St 60, UConn 123, East. Illinois Not Rated because not Bowl Division (presumably lower than 130)
Average: 105 (assigning a value of 131 to EIU, which is probably generous given that they have not won a game even in their division)

Purdue Opponents out of Conference: TCU 52 (likely higher after beating Texas), Nevada 99, Vanderbilt 114
Average: 88

At least 17 spots better in quality of oponents in the OOC. That strikes me as a bit of a difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT