ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dust up between Mississippi St. and Georgia...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
I just saw this today, but in their game last Saturday, there was a play at the plate where a runner on 1st tried to score on a gapper. He was thrown out at the plate with the runner going in on a head-first slide. For some reason, the catcher took exception to the slide and stood over him and then kneed him in the ribs. Naturally, that caused both teams to get into it and a total of 11 players on both teams were ejected after about a 40-minute review. I didn't see anything with the slide that would warrant the reaction of the catcher. Link:

I just saw this today, but in their game last Saturday, there was a play at the plate where a runner on 1st tried to score on a gapper. He was thrown out at the plate with the runner going in on a head-first slide. For some reason, the catcher took exception to the slide and stood over him and then kneed him in the ribs. Naturally, that caused both teams to get into it and a total of 11 players on both teams were ejected after about a 40-minute review. I didn't see anything with the slide that would warrant the reaction of the catcher. Link:

Catcher needs his ass beat. Fake tough guy with the gear on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT