ADVERTISEMENT

One system of Justice

Steve Bannon, a member of the Trump reelection team, did not want to testify in any way, shape, or form.

Didn't Hunter Biden (who has never had any role in his father's campaign or administration) agree to testify, but requested that it be an open televided or recorded deposition? Why is that request unreasonable?

Steve Bannon, a member of the Trump reelection team, did not want to testify in any way, shape, or form.

Didn't Hunter Biden (who has never had any role in his father's campaign or administration) agree to testify, but requested that it be an open televided or recorded deposition? Why is that request unreasonable?
It's unreasonable because him testifying publicly would shoot holes in their bats!t crazy conspiracy theories that serve as red meat for their stupid base.

Jim Jordan holding someone accountable for not showing up for a deposition?

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Do you have any adult relatives that are dicks? Does them being a dick automatically make you a dick, or do we have to PROVE with EVIDENCE that you are also a dick, on your own actions?
You think people are paying a $1M or more for Hunter's finger paintings because they like the art? Or paying him 8 figures, putting him on the board of Burisma, etc because of his intellect? Please tell me you're not this stupid.

You really believe that Joe Biden knew nothing of Hunter’s business dealings and etc. ?
It doesn’t matter what you or I think. I would like to see Hunter Biden grilled - and answering questions - to find out. If Hunter and Joe Biden are guilty of something, then let’s get it out in the open and be done with it.

What does the fact that Hunter Biden is willing to testify publicly tell you? Maybe there is some ‘there’ there, but it’s harder to spin BS from real time, public testimony.

Reactions: Bowlmania
It doesn’t matter what you or I think. I would like to see Hunter Biden grilled - and answering questions - to find out. If Hunter and Joe Biden are guilty of something, then let’s get it out in the open and be done with it.

What does the fact that Hunter Biden is willing to testify publicly tell you? Maybe there is some ‘there’ there, but it’s harder to spin BS from real time, public testimony.
There’s always a chance that people paying Hunter were hoping for access but it doesn’t mean they got it.

And whether or not people wanted or expected access is immaterial. You have to prove Hunter gave them access and prove Joe gave them whatever it is they wanted. Which I’m sure will come out in a deposition.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Ohio Guy
There’s always a chance that people paying Hunter were hoping for access but it doesn’t mean they got it.

And whether or not people wanted or expected access is immaterial. You have to prove Hunter gave them access and prove Joe gave them whatever it is they wanted. Which I’m sure will come out in a deposition.
Well SOB...

It tells you he isn’t stupid and doesn’t want to spend hours going through document after document in a private depo. Very different than a public hearing that would yield nothing

It tells you he isn’t stupid and doesn’t want to spend hours going through document after document in a private depo. Very different than a public hearing that would yield nothing

Other than the inevitable showboating, what is materially different about a closed deposition vs. a public hearing?

Other than the inevitable showboating, what is materially different about a closed deposition vs. a public hearing?
A circus with a bunch of parties interrupting and shouting over each other and getting sidetracked and putting on a show vs one guy sitting across from hunter who is an attorney saying now mr biden I’m handing you xxxxxxx. Have you seen this document before. Can you explain to me

Reactions: Spartans9312

You're spot on!

Nothing would be more transparent than public testimony in an open hearing. But MAGA Republicans in Congress have little interest in transparency. They're probably afraid of it. First, Pubs don't have Trey Gowdy in the House anymore, someone who actually is experienced and skilled at taking testimony. They'd have a bunch of bumbling questioners making fools of themselves in front of the country.

Further, and as you've noted, MAGA can't run the spin machine if everything is out in the open.

Finally, some of these guys refused to cooperate in any way in connection with the Trump investigations.

What a joke.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
You're spot on!

Nothing would be more transparent than public testimony in an open hearing. But MAGA Republicans in Congress have little interest in transparency. They're probably afraid of it. First, Pubs don't have Trey Gowdy in the House anymore, someone who actually is experienced and skilled at taking testimony. They'd have a bunch of bumbling questioners making fools of themselves in front of the country.

Further, and as you've noted, MAGA can't run the spin machine if everything is out in the open.

Finally, some of these guys refused to cooperate in any way in connection with the Trump investigations.

What a joke.
It’s almost like republicans know this is all horseshit and they REALLY don’t want to question Hunter in public. If it was in public, it would be more difficult to spin everything/set the narrative.

It’s almost like republicans know this is all horseshit and they REALLY don’t want to question Hunter in public. If it was in public, it would be more difficult to spin everything/set the narrative.
Yeah, it's horseshit alright but it's part of this deliberate strategy of whatabouts/false equivalences/everything equals everything/Biden is guilty of all the same shit Trump has done, etc. Incredibly, it's a strategy that seems to be working exceptionally well, with millions of low information/low intellect Americans apparently buying in.

Yeah, it's horseshit alright but it's part of this deliberate strategy of whatabouts/false equivalences/everything equals everything/Biden is guilty of all the same shit Trump has done, etc. Incredibly, it's a strategy that seems to be working exceptionally well, with millions of low information/low intellect Americans apparently buying in.
#ButHisLaptop

A circus with a bunch of parties interrupting and shouting over each other and getting sidetracked and putting on a show vs one guy sitting across from hunter who is an attorney saying now mr biden I’m handing you xxxxxxx. Have you seen this document before. Can you explain to me
Why couldn’t they do that in a public hearing? They’re not under any obligation to make compelling TV. They should just do their jobs regardless of whether or not it’s being televised.

Why couldn’t they do that in a public hearing? They’re not under any obligation to make compelling TV. They should just do their jobs regardless of whether or not it’s being televised.
They should do a closed door depo video tape it and release it at some point. Have to consider spoliation etc

They should do a closed door depo video tape it and release it at some point. Have to consider spoliation etc
OK - why aren't the Republicans proposing that? Why is Comer going on the cable news networks embarrassing himself with half-baked conspiracy theories and suggesting that Joe Biden indicting Hunter was a move to protect him? Why isn't Hunter Biden fully cooperating and agreeing to testify the biggest Christmas present they could hope for? After all the #whereshunter stuff, they have an opportunity to put their rhetoric - and reputations - on the line and get the to bottom of what they've been beating their chests about for the last 4-6 years.

I think most sensible people on both sides of the aisle want to determine what the truth is and move on accordingly. Some of these Republicans don't want to move on. They want the Hunter Biden boogeyman to live on on perpetuity. They're a dog chasing a car that finally stopped and they don't know what to do with it.

Being able to spin and filter what gets aired to the public is their right....No partisan foolery to see here

OK - why aren't the Republicans proposing that? Why is Comer going on the cable news networks embarrassing himself with half-baked conspiracy theories and suggesting that Joe Biden indicting Hunter was a move to protect him? Why isn't Hunter Biden fully cooperating and agreeing to testify the biggest Christmas present they could hope for? After all the #whereshunter stuff, they have an opportunity to put their rhetoric - and reputations - on the line and get the to bottom of what they've been beating their chests about for the last 4-6 years.

I think most sensible people on both sides of the aisle want to determine what the truth is and move on accordingly. Some of these Republicans don't want to move on. They want the Hunter Biden boogeyman to live on on perpetuity. They're a dog chasing a car that finally stopped and they don't know what to do with it.

why should they. do you what you are ordered to do, except the bidens' don't operate like that. they want more preferential treatment. he received a preferred deal that was so out of bounds the judge wouldn't accept it. they put in special counsel and caught him on what he should have received from the jump.

bureaucrats, irs agents, not politicians, testified, putting their careers on the line, to say what's going on isn't right. they were following the money and wanted to depose biden family members. blocked. had leads that implicated joe biden. blocked. more preferential treatment. so the house sets hunter for depo. he doesn't show. instead he shows up to the senate hoping for more preferential treatment instead of sitting across from a lawyer answering questions about accounts and documents. preferential treatment and subterfuge. the irony is how horny the dems were to get trump, and biden's taken on ignoring house subpoenas, yet now somehow the other side is being picked on.

You answered your own questions in the last paragraph. MAGA Republicans don't want this handled openly or expeditiously. They want it to linger as long as possible so it hangs as a dark cloud over the Biden campaign leading into Nov 2024.

Hunter's been indicted on serious felony charges. You'd think that would be enough. There is not a scintilla of evidence (including from the IRS whistleblowers) that Joe Biden himself did anything wrong. This is just a political stunt. Comer slipped and actually admitted yesterday that it's politically motivated, just like Kevin McCarthy did during the Benghazi investigation in 2015.

Speaking of Benghazi, since Hunter has agreed to testify publicly, congressional Pubs could grill him for nine hours in a fully transparent, open hearing like they did with Hillary in 2015. But wait. That didn't go too well for the committee. Her popularity increased after her testimony, and donations to her campaign soared. Hunter's no Hillary, but there's a risk for the committee that his testimony could engender sympathy because he's an addict and his life spiraled into a shithole. It's something many/most Americans can relate to, either as struggling with addiction themselves or watching it take an enormous toll on a family member or friend. It's also possible that his public testimony could benefit his father. Finally, and as you noted yesterday, public testimony puts the spin doctors out of commission.

Just a complete clown show.

why should they. do you what you are ordered to do, except the bidens' don't operate like that. they want more preferential treatment. he received a preferred deal that was so out of bounds the judge wouldn't accept it. they put in special counsel and caught him on what he should have received from the jump.

bureaucrats, irs agents, not politicians, testified, putting their careers on the line, to say what's going on isn't right. they were following the money and wanted to depose biden family members. blocked. had leads that implicated joe biden. blocked. more preferential treatment. so the house sets hunter for depo. he doesn't show. instead he shows up to the senate hoping for more preferential treatment instead of sitting across from a lawyer answering questions about accounts and documents. preferential treatment and subterfuge. the irony is how horny the dems were to get trump, and biden's taken on ignoring house subpoenas, yet now somehow the other side is being picked on.
I don't know - sitting for a public hearing doesn't sound like a walk in the park. And it certainly sounds like Hunter Biden is open to airing his dirty laundry in public. If what you say in the first couple of sentences in your second paragraph is true, there isn't a rational person - right or left - who doesn't want that brought to light. No one is interested in protecting Hunter Biden - or even Joe Biden - if all the crimes that have been supposed actually prove to be true. I think what Bowlmania said it true - the GOP wants this to linger well into 2024 so they can counter all the legal troubles Trump is legitimately facing with the idea that 'the other side' is guilty of crimes too.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I don't know - sitting for a public hearing doesn't sound like a walk in the park. And it certainly sounds like Hunter Biden is open to airing his dirty laundry in public. If what you say in the first couple of sentences in your second paragraph is true, there isn't a rational person - right or left - who doesn't want that brought to light. No one is interested in protecting Hunter Biden - or even Joe Biden - if all the crimes that have been supposed actually prove to be true. I think what Bowlmania said it true - the GOP wants this to linger well into 2024 so they can counter all the legal troubles Trump is legitimately facing with the idea that 'the other side' is guilty of crimes too.
I have no doubt politics is involved, just as it is with trump. That said irs whistle blowers testimony deserves attention. If that includes hunter sitting fit a depo then sit for a depo. Depos and hearings are different animals. Hunter doesn’t get to pick. His entitlement continues to show

I have no doubt politics is involved, just as it is with trump. That said irs whistle blowers testimony deserves attention. If that includes hunter sitting fit a depo then sit for a depo. Depos and hearings are different animals. Hunter doesn’t get to pick. His entitlement continues to show

At least Hunter is willing to sit for something. Republicans refused to honor their subpoenas.

It is very telling that those Republicans want to hide behind closed doors. If they thought Hunter (or at least Joe) was guilty, then they would want everything out in the open.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and Ohio Guy
At least Hunter is willing to sit for something. Republicans refused to honor their subpoenas.

It is very telling that those Republicans want to hide behind closed doors. If they thought Hunter was guilty, then they would want everything out in the open.
Willing. He has no choice. “If they thought hunter was guilty” I don’t even know what that sentence means. They are getting information. A depo is a better tool for that. This isn’t hard

You “fify” if you’re a moron. Congress has subpoena power. Hunter committed a crime by ignoring it
Congress subpoenaed Comer and Jordan. Comer and Jordan committed a crime by ignoring it.

That's the point. Why should Hunter comply if the ones issuing the subpoena can choose to ignore it themselves?

And for the record, I agree with you. I think Hunter should have had to go. Public or not. Just as Jordan, Comer, and Holder.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Willing. He has no choice. “If they thought hunter was guilty” I don’t even know what that sentence means. They are getting information. A depo is a better tool for that. This isn’t hard
He has no choice? What about Jim Jordan? Jordan, a prominent member of the House Oversight Committee that wants to privately question Hunter Biden, was himself subpoenaed in connection with Congress' investigation of the Jan 6 riot, and he chose to ignore the subpoena. He refused to cooperate. I guess congressional subpoenas are sacrosanct except if you're Jim Jordan and you're the one being subpoenaed.

Hunter Biden, currently under federal indictment, does have choices. If I was his counsel, I'd tell the House committee that if they want substantive testimony from HB then they must agree to an open hearing. I'd add that, if they insist on proceeding in secret, they'll get nothing but a series of "I take the Fifth" responses.

He has no choice? What about Jim Jordan? Jordan, a prominent member of the House Oversight Committee that wants to privately question Hunter Biden, was himself subpoenaed in connection with Congress' investigation of the Jan 6 riot, and he chose to ignore the subpoena. He refused to cooperate. I guess congressional subpoenas are sacrosanct except if you're Jim Jordan and you're the one being subpoenaed.

Hunter Biden, currently under federal indictment, does have choices. If I was his counsel, I'd tell the House committee that if they want substantive testimony from HB then they must agree to an open hearing. I'd add that, if they insist on proceeding in secret, they'll get nothing but a series of "I take the Fifth" responses.
not showing up isn't an option. going in and taking the 5th absolutely is. that's what he should do

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT