ADVERTISEMENT

OMG There are no words for how loud these Cicadas are. Like miserable to sit outside loud

The web says since they don't reach their peak until you've heard them for a couple weeks, then about three weeks, total din is about five to six weeks with the heaviest noise about a three week span.

I lived in Nashville last time these seventeen year buggers were out (but it wasn't TWO different types or broods at once, which I guess is occurring where they overlap on the northern edge of their range, wow) , I remember a couple weeks of peak din.

But don't worry, they say at their peak in the densest areas they can only hit 100 decibels... , rock concert levels only.

Recently divorced buddy of mine. Friend since high school. Small group of us swing by on his bbq invite. Bbq bitch. All he had were brats and buns. No chips. No potato salad. No brisket ribs steaks. Nothin. Just brats 🤣🤣

That adjustment ain’t easy
Honestly, he is doing great. I sometimes dream of living in a studio apartment with just a TV and mattress and a bottle of hot sauce, beer, and soy sauce packets in the mini fridge. No freezer.

Recently divorced buddy of mine. Friend since high school. Small group of us swing by on his bbq invite. Bbq bitch. All he had were brats and buns. No chips. No potato salad. No brisket ribs steaks. Nothin. Just brats 🤣🤣

That adjustment ain’t easy
So what don't you want?

Huh

You either don't want the corn on the cob or you don't want the green beans so what don't you want?

F*cking classic!

Nothing here in Ohio yet. Sitting on my deck at twilight drinking 14 year old scotch. Nothing but owls and the frogs chirping.

Last major cicada batch (what? About 6 years ago?) I was at a cub scout camp with my son up in the Hocking Hills area. They were freaking deafening. They would also just drop down and land on your head. Actually started carrying an extra shirt with me that I could twirl around while I was walking to keep them away.

Nothing here in Ohio yet. Sitting on my deck at twilight drinking 14 year old scotch. Nothing but owls and the frogs chirping.

Last major cicada batch (what? About 6 years ago?) I was at a cub scout camp with my son up in the Hocking Hills area. They were freaking deafening. They would also just drop down and land on your head. Actually started carrying an extra shirt with me that I could twirl around while I was walking to keep them away.
Ha know hocking hills well. That’s what we have here now. Super loud and gross

Reactions: 76-1
Have not heard one or saw one yet.. I'm perplexed.
I remember working a lawn mowing job, the summer between high school and College... OMG I had to wear a hazmat suit to weedeat.

• Wow
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Switch studio apartment for Cabin out west and that’s how my pop lives
We're getting them. Dead cicada shells and bodies everywhere in my neighborhood. Not that loud though, weirdly.

Talked to a friend's father-in-law tonight. Grew up in Montana and went to Montana State in the 50s. Grew up in some valley that at its widest is only 10 miles wide and has mountains on each side. Guess Yellowstone is shot there. That's where I'm moving. Said his nephew now has 50 acres and his house is built right next to the river. Fishes all summer.

Where's your dad at?

• Love
Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
We're getting them. Dead cicada shells and bodies everywhere in my neighborhood. Not that loud though, weirdly.

Talked to a friend's father-in-law tonight. Grew up in Montana and went to Montana State in the 50s. Grew up in some valley that at its widest is only 10 miles wide and has mountains on each side. Guess Yellowstone is shot there. That's where I'm moving. Said his nephew now has 50 acres and his house is built right next to the river. Fishes all summer.

Where's your dad at?
About half the year here and half the year somewhere near Leadville

• Love
Reactions: 76-1
Is there anything the Dream Team doesn’t know. Is there anything the Dream Team can’t handle.

#Auburn2024
If there’s anything that we don’t know, or aren’t already using for war time attacks. It’s simply inconsequential information.
Example, the end of a bullwhip can travel up to 900 km/sec.
If we use that info to our advantage, I can neither confirm nor deny.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66

Dabka!

Have not heard one or saw one yet.. I'm perplexed.
I remember working a lawn mowing job, the summer between high school and College... OMG I had to wear a hazmat suit to weedeat.
I used to mow a cemetary as part of a lancscaping gig back in the 90's summers during college. Terrible.

We had to weedeat around every headstone. First summer all i did was weedeat. After that i rode the sulky, which was 1000x better.

Let’s get this shit straight. A BBQ is delicious smoked meats cooked low and slow in an actual smoker.

You went to a cookout, and it sounds like a shitty one to boot. Turning on the propane grill is not in any world a BBQ.
i know you know mr mixon

Gift Cards | Myron Mixon BBQ

uyyfNOPTEqdPYdT9yhpe_copyJob050309_Mixon0966.jpg

Had a cicada end up in my coffee cup this morning while out walking the dog. They're everywhere now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT