ADVERTISEMENT

No Path forward for Allen

You have no verified source for this, and even if that's true, Allen is more than compensated well enough that he could've eaten the contract himself.
I have a very reliable source.

Allen took a pay cut to send Sheridan packing. How many Big 10/SEC coaches pay for buyouts when they want an assistant gone? Indiana nickels and dimes their football program and they always have. That's why the program is what it is.

Reactions: vesuvius13

Allen took a pay cut to send Sheridan packing. How many Big 10/SEC coaches pay for buyouts when they want an assistant gone? Indiana nickels and dimes their football program and they always have. That's why the program is what it is.
Harbaugh did. But got a big raise after that.

Your source could be Tom Allen's wife for all I know, but at the end of the day, on my end you're still just some guy on a message board. Regardless of how Hilller's buyout would've been dealt with, he needed to be fired. Even working under the premise that Dolson refused to fund it, as much as I think he should've been able to find the donors, he didn't and Allen chose to let his O-line derail the entire offense for an extra season by bringing back a coach who was clearly failing at his job.

Obviously IUFB is far from rolling in cash like IUBB, but CTA has one of the most generous HC contracts in the country(at one point he had the fourth largest buyout in all of CFB), he's not getting any sympathy from me for the Hiller debacle because he's the one who gave Hiller an extension into 2022, when there were clearly red flags with his position group's performance, going as far back as 2019. The good news for Allen is the nickel and diming from our AD should make him feel pretty comfortable in his own chair because if Dolson really wasn't willing to pay under a million dollars to fund the buyout of one of the worst assistants in P5 football, you'd better believe he's not paying 20+ million dollars to get rid of Allen.

One of the worst IU teams ever and a head coach that will get fired at some point but the buyout is too great right now to pull the trigger.

Being in the red by $24million after a covid year had nothing to do with that, I'm certain

Buyout of no buyout I can't see a way for him to stay. How is he possible going to recruit anybody. He has to fire multiple coaches and who knows what the contracts are on those. It's only a $5 million delta on the buyout if the hire a $5 million replacement. The school would be better off hiring a $1 million MAC level coach and coaching staff. They would do much better than Allen can do going forward. If he does well, you walk his salary up as Allen's burns off. This idea that you have to pay $5 million for a coach is nonsense. There are MAC coaches better allen, MAC coordinators like Vince Koehres who are former head coaches and ready for jobs. There are D2, and D3 coaches that are better than Allen. There are high school coaches better than Allen who'd work for 100K. There are a lot of creative things you could do to make a change.
You get what you pay for.

Way to repeat yourself instead of adding any actual thoughts, we've got an absolute genius right here.
I added an actual thought, which is that you were disingenuous when you claimed apathy.

I found two examples that prove that theory. I pointed it out twice. And your complaint is that I repeated myself while drawing attention to your nonsense.

Yeah, wow, my bad. I apologize for A) presenting evidence to back up my claim, and B) finding too much of it.

Carry on with your breakfast defilement. I will stand aside.

From a ticket revenue standpoint I am aware there are other major players, but Indiana still drives the TV contract nationally and that is only going to become more lopsided as we ascend once again. What is not shown in your link is the rather impressive donation levels required to hold IU seats.

I find it hard to believe the athletic dept wouldn’t pony up to buy out Hiller but find the money to pay Carey to be an analyst.

Reactions: DANC and jlasson
If you have relevant or thoughtful comments, you should make them. Otherwise, you’re simply Not credible here.
You come back from time out and immediately start stalking me. Then sob to the "mod" when I respond.

Put me on ignore as you have sworn to do Ordy/Kern. Trollboi

Illinois, Cincy, white lot, green paint, Hiller, 'IU Sucks", ratings

From a ticket revenue standpoint I am aware there are other major players, but Indiana still drives the TV contract nationally and that is only going to become more lopsided as we ascend once again. What is not shown in your link is the rather impressive donation levels required to hold IU seats.
“Contributions” are listed for each school.

Higher donation levels would mean *fewer* donors for a given total amount (if, in fact, what you mentioned falls under the category).

Do you have a source demonstrating IU “drives the TV contract”? It *seems* reasonable, but I suspect we all esteem the program unreasonably highly after the past quarter century.

You come back from time out and immediately start stalking me. Then sob to the "mod" when I respond.

Put me on ignore as you have sworn to do Ordy/Kern. Trollboi

Illinois, Cincy, white lot, green paint, Hiller, 'IU Sucks", ratings

I’ve done nothing of the sort, as any review of my posts confirms. Please stop with this nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: Courtsensetwo

Higher donation levels would mean *fewer* donors for a given total amount (if, in fact, what you mentioned falls under the category).

Do you have a source demonstrating IU “drives the TV contract”? It *seems* reasonable, but I suspect we all esteem the program unreasonably highly after the past quarter century.
I’ve also asked for this and have never seen anything of substance to support the assertion.

VC donation totals is what I was referring to. IU works on a points system driving primarily by non-cummulative points based on yearly donations.

VC donation totals is what I was referring to. IU works on a points system driving primarily by non-cummulative points based on yearly donations.
Yes, I understand that. But what’s important is the total amount of “contributions,” not some intra-university point system for seating.

I mean, if one school only requires $1,000 but has 1,000 people giving that amount, while another can brag of demanding $10,000 and only has two willing to give that, the first school is obviously better off.

So what’s the big deal? IU is obviously one of the conference’s poor men.

Reactions: Jackskip23
Yes, I understand that. But what’s important is the total amount of “contributions,” not some intra-university point system for seating.

I mean, if one school only requires $1,000 but has 1,000 people giving that amount, while another can brag of demanding $10,000 and only has two willing to give that, the first school is obviously better off.

So what’s the big deal? IU is obviously one of the conference’s poor men.
Good seats (main level) are $6 -$10K plus tickets, Court level is more, floor chairs are $25K per plus tickets. IU is in a zip code of it's own.

Reactions: DANC
Oh, and BTW...FB just got a $1MM NIL matching commitment. Bake this into the existing NIL operational framework and the potential is there to get in the game.

Reactions: midwolfe
You saw the numbers in that article, yes?

IU is very bad at making math its friend.

The Big Ten’s “premier” basketball program sells about $11 million in tickets to its games. The Big Ten’s premier football program sells about $50 million in tickets to Ohio Stadium.

And you still haven’t documented IU as the TV contract driver. I guess the audiences can’t get enough of the fumes of that 2002/2013/2016 glory, hey? I’ll have to take your word for it, apparently.

EDIT. “Premier,” not “premiere.” Getting dumber by the day, it seems.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsenleo
Mostly agree here. Although KW’a offense was heading downhill fast with his inability to manage the QB and OL rooms.

Completely share the disappointment in our defensive performances under TA

New coach has a good opportunity as you say as the laughable divisions change. Our facilities are in pretty good shape (upper half of the BIG) and the operational framework for NIL is in place as we were way ahead of the game in BB.

Glass had a reputation for not being supportive enough of FB but no one can objectively say that about Scott at this point.

The new coach will need to have the ability and desire to truly turn a program around while BB is King. Would like to see an intact staff come in. We have the $$.
Scott has shown us he is iffy on football as getting rid of Sheridan and Hiller didn't cost him anything, so coach Allen had to eat money to make it happen and hold on to Hiller for too long. Scott hasn't shown he is big on IUFB except by talk, that could change here in the future but right now there isn't evidence that he cares that much.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESalum86

WHOA!!!!..... please tell me where you get info to back up your claim?...... I'm more than just a little familiar with the who's, what's, how's and why's of negotiations of TV contracts with governing bodies and don't see how you can possibly make that claim... Please fill me in. Thanks.

You're so stupid you don't even understand what I meant by apathy. Anyone on this board is OBVIOUSLY not apathetic about the Indiana football program entirely dipshit, they are on an Indiana Football forum in their free time for a reason. Whether they're an Indiana fan or a Purdue troll, clearly, they have a vested interest in IUFB one way or the other.

People are apathetic to the results of individual games this season because they have no faith in the 2022 Indiana Football Team or the HC. You bitching out people who have lost faith in Allen is a waste of words. You want to whine about IU fans, go to the Purdue Forum.

"Presenting evidence to back up my claim" That line just cracks me up because it shows how low your IQ is. Simply counting someone's words on an individual post doesn't prove your point like you think it does, but that's too complicated for your underdeveloped brain to comprehend.
So when you said "general sense of apathy" you meant specifically apathetic to the results of future games this season. Sure. OK. You might want to look up the definition of general. And maybe apathy. If you spent a little time thinking about what you wrote, you'd realize apathy is the wrong word to use there. Instead, you reflexively double down, claim to have meant the word in a way that has no contextual relevance, and issue swearing insults that do more to highlight your insecurities than to highlight my alleged stupidity.

How apathetic. DWS.

Your insults are meaningless to me. I'm well aware of where my degrees are from and what they say. Feel free to ignore me. You deserve to be surrounded by posters who are apathetic enough to write 1000+ words a day on how bad IU IS....like you.

Who says we ascend?
This year may be nice but after that, can Woody sustain it?
Beat Wisconsin….for once.

Baby steps.

Reactions: IUgradman
So when you said "general sense of apathy" you meant specifically apathetic to the results of future games this season. Sure. OK. You might want to look up the definition of general. And maybe apathy. If you spent a little time thinking about what you wrote, you'd realize apathy is the wrong word to use there. Instead, you reflexively double down, claim to have meant the word in a way that has no contextual relevance, and issue swearing insults that do more to highlight your insecurities than to highlight my alleged stupidity.

How apathetic. DWS.

Your insults are meaningless to me. I'm well aware of where my degrees are from and what they say. Feel free to ignore me. You deserve to be surrounded by posters who are apathetic enough to write 1000+ words a day on how bad IU IS....like you.
Since we have to go there because you need things spelled out for you, the definition of apathy is "a lack of interest, enthusiasm or concern". If you take the "general sense of apathy" line and contextualize it properly, you can see that I'm only talking about Allen's job security and the poor on-field results since 2021 and I'm talking about them in the context of addressing your post where you reference fans selling off their tickets and writing off games as L's. These fans have a clear lack of enthusiasm or interest(definition of apathy) in this team's last two games, hence they partake in the aforementioned activities above. The use of the word "general" , stems from the fact that there are many IUFB fans that feel this way. You misinterpreted the entire statement because you're a dolt, just accept it.

Also, bragging about your degree as if that proves anything about your logical reasoning skills in this argument is pathetic, especially considering how obvious it is that you're wrong. You don't understand the word apathy and then get mad when someone calls you out on it, that's just stupidity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT