ADVERTISEMENT

NIL, Transfer Portal and my favorite team sucks (posted on correct board this time!)

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
All ingredients for NCAA Basketball to slowly fall from my sphere of 'Give a damn', much like the NBA (30 years ago), the NFL (20 years ago) and MLB ('cept for my favorite team - 15 years ago).

In the last three games I've stopped watching on TV mid-2nd half and on Sunday I left with 7 minutes to go. This from a person that can count on one hand the number of games that I've left before 0:00 in my 30+ years of fandom.

I'm not even really sad about it. I enjoyed an interesting David Letterman "My Next Guest is..." on Netflix instead of watching the game. On Saturday I will be out of town and already had sold my tickets, but we were making plans on where to watch the game while we travel....that's no longer a priority. Even if they win against Wisconsin....I'm not sure I really care.

I've been moving this direction for 2-3 years, but I really though a successful season this year would suck me back in...if anything, it feels like it's speeding up the process.

But I'm invested as hell in Teri Moren's team. Have been since day one, too.

Reactions: kunkrj
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News