ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Money

rediufan

Benchwarmer
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2012
Curiosity: What is the going rate of OL and DL men. Seems a lot of them in the portal all seem to be heading to
the SEC or just transferring to other schools within their current conference that are constantly near the top of their respective conferences.

Curiosity: What is the going rate of OL and DL men. Seems a lot of them in the portal all seem to be heading to
the SEC or just transferring to other schools within their current conference that are constantly near the top of their respective conferences.
Well Duh!!! LOL

Reactions: vesuvius13
A good DL was bringing north of 500k. Scourton got 650k, a car, and a house.

Yeah, needs to be near a million to go to Purdue.

( Mostly j/k, as a kid I pulled for whichever state school was on one of the three tv channels. Except when head to head. Still feel better in-state than out.)
Walter’s has been saying he needs 5 mil to be a middle of the big ten team. I think Purdue is believed to be nearing that. Have to think the market will correct some. It’s crazy

Reactions: vesuvius13
There are contracts?
I know nothing about it. I’m assuming there are contracts because that’s what makes sense but who knows the whole thing is so screwed up anyway?

I mean if I’m paying for X this year, next year I’m saying “OK if you grab a guys crotch on purpose, and aren’t even on the floor, no more checks for you Buddy”.

One of the few NIL rules is that playing time or in-game performance can't be tied to the money.
But... if a player is a failure and I've given him NIL money for that season I dont believe there is anything that can require me to give money to him the next season. Unless, there's a multi year contract, and I don't believe those are required.

Neither do you and just as many who post numbers also refute those numbers. Nobody truly knows and it’s in the best interest of the players and coaches to shroud this in mystery. They don’t want anyone knowing the true numbers. So stfu.
Sorry for stating what was reported and widely discussed. Considering it takes 5 ish mil to field a middle of the pack big ten team, 10-12 mil to push for a championship, and Purdue is rumored to be around 4 mil, those numbers seem fairly accurate.

Allegedly. I want to add that for you since you take things 100% serious.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Sorry for stating what was reported and widely discussed. Considering it takes 5 ish mil to field a middle of the pack big ten team, 10-12 mil to push for a championship, and Purdue is rumored to be around 4 mil, those numbers seem fairly accurate.

Allegedly. I want to add that for you since you take things 100% serious.
Give it up. Nobody truly knows especially people outside the circle. Those articles and “nil” player rankings are speculative. The true heavy hitters even keep their stuff quiet. The only ones who get loud about it are the Miami private school types. We know how that’s working out. It’s in these schools best interest to keep it quiet and they will leak out just enough to make it a gamble.

HFG (Hoosiers ForGood) is one of two NIL collectives for IU and they launched in March 2022. For that year, they report $4 million in NIL funds. The other collective is Hoosier Connect.
IU had an anonymous donor match contributions up to $1 million each year in 2022 and 2023.

My guess is our collectives are in the $6-8 million range right now.
They don’t report all these donations widely, so it’s hard to get a true figure.
The “sugar daddy” donor for the University of Miami, John Ruiz, originally announced in 2021 that he was going to donate north of $50 million for the school NIL before the feds began investigating his insurance company and he faced charges of not paying the companies he acquired.

HFG (Hoosiers ForGood) is one of two NIL collectives for IU and they launched in March 2022. For that year, they report $4 million in NIL funds. The other collective is Hoosier Connect.
IU had an anonymous donor match contributions up to $1 million each year in 2022 and 2023.

My guess is our collectives are in the $6-8 million range right now.
They don’t report all these donations widely, so it’s hard to get a true figure.
The “sugar daddy” donor for the University of Miami, John Ruiz, originally announced in 2021 that he was going to donate north of $50 million for the school NIL before the feds began investigating his insurance company and he faced charges of not paying the companies he acquired.
Along that vein, Tennessee is under NCAA investigations for the 2nd time in 4 yrs. in multiple sports for potential MAJOR NIL violations.....things are pretty rocky on Rocky Top:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT