ADVERTISEMENT

News from the Club.

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
If you don't belong to a club, you should, I was at the Eagles this week when I overheard a conversation of Trump supporters. They were comparing January 6th with the Bosten Tea party. I stood up from twenty feet away and said" Gentlemen, The Bosten Tea Party was against the King of England, January the 6th the front row broke down the doors of the American Congress. They were amused. I moved toward them and stated it's not funny. I woke up it the night and realized that Civil War is possible.

If you don't belong to a club, you should, I was at the Eagles this week when I overheard a conversation of Trump supporters. They were comparing January 6th with the Bosten Tea party. I stood up from twenty feet away and said" Gentlemen, The Bosten Tea Party was against the King of England, January the 6th the front row broke down the doors of the American Congress. They were amused. I moved toward them and stated it's not funny. I woke up it the night and realized that Civil War is possible.
The Boston Tea Party changed world history.

January 6 was over by happy hour.

Eh — that’s only the difference between a modern failed coup and successful colonial revolution, but I know all context and nuance are lost on you.
Here is the nuance and context I know. The Democrats claim Trump engaged in a failed coup, will go full Hitler, will wipe out democracy, will eliminate LBGTQ’s, will imprison his opponents, and will end the United States as we know it.

This “nuance and context” tells me two things:

1. Democrats have no clue about the basics of civics, checks and balances, or federalism.

2. The Democrats have nothing useful to present to the American voters, so they scare the crap out of them.

Back to your fainting couch.

Here is the nuance and context I know. The Democrats claim Trump engaged in a failed coup, will go full Hitler, will wipe out democracy, will eliminate LBGTQ’s, will imprison his opponents, and will end the United States as we know it.

1. Democrats have no clue about the basics of civics, checks and balances, or federalism.

2. The Democrats have nothing useful to present to the American voters, so they scare the crap out of them.

One more: 3. Trump has no regard for any of the civics checks and balances or federalism that you speak so highly of. If he did, you'd have a chance to link it, but you didn't.

I'll happily go back to my couch. You can go back to yours now.

They probably thought you were a douche.

Looks to me that they admitted that Jan. 6 was a coup. Or "coo" as your brother would say.

Are y'all on different sides of this? Seems like you might be able to differentiate between the Boston Tea Party and Jan. 6, whereas your brother does not.

Is that supposed to be an equivalency?

Doesn't wash . . . .
Both were awful, shameful, etc. While this didn't happen in DC, to the people who lost their businesses this was their equivalency their livelihood. The summer of love riots damaged 150+ FEDERAL buildings and hundreds of small business were destroyed while both federal and private business had planned takeover attempts. $1B-$2B in estimated damage, 2000+ police officers assaulted. The protestors were mostly bailed out, 20+ murders. Encouraged by media and politicians.

Last edited:
Both were awful, shameful, etc. While this didn't happen in DC, to the people who lost their businesses this was their equivalency their livelihood. The summer of love riots damaged 150+ FEDERAL buildings and hundreds of small business were destroyed while both federal and private business had planned takeover attempts. $1B-$2B in estimated damage, 2000+ police officers assaulted. The protestors were mostly bailed out, 20+ murders. Encouraged by media and politicians.
Even assuming that's all true, not allegedly an assault on our election institutions though, right?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
Even assuming that's all true, not allegedly an assault on our election institutions though, right?
Is all this snow in Tennessee and northern Georgia going to get down to the north Atlanta area? How much are they figuring Knoxville through Chattanooga will get when things clear? Heading down Wednesday and hope everything is cleared tomorrow. I’m assuming you have an idea of how well they do north of Atlanta wrt clearing everything.

Is all this snow in Tennessee and northern Georgia going to get down to the north Atlanta area? How much are they figuring Knoxville through Chattanooga will get when things clear? Heading down Wednesday and hope everything is cleared tomorrow. I’m assuming you have an idea of how well they do north of Atlanta wrt clearing everything.A
Knoxville has 4"-6", I understand, more in the mountains. North Atlanta has zero. Line is about Adairsville.

Bring your woollies as it will be cold on Wednesday. Zero in Knoxville and 12 in Kennesaw. Roads (interstates) should be clear.

Should've come today. High of 51 in the northern 'burbs.

Last edited:
Knoxville has 4-6", I understand, more in the mountains. North Atlanta has zero. Line is about Adairsville.

Bring your woollies as it will be cold on Wednesday. Zero in Knoxville and 12 in Kennesaw. Roads (interstates) should be clear.

Should've come today. High of 51 in the northern 'burbs.
No way. Radar shows the front moving right up 75 from Chattanooga to Knoxville. Driving through that = next best thing to having a good time.

No way. Radar shows the front moving right up 75 from Chattanooga to Knoxville. Driving through that = next best thing to having a good time.
Yep, my mistake. I thought you were concerned about Atlanta. But you're concerned about the entire trip. Of course.

Bring your woollies. I ain't kidding about the temps. Gonna last the week/weekend too. Tuesday it'll be outta here.

Last edited:
Yep, my mistake. I thought you were concerned about Atlanta. But you're concerned about the entire trip. Of course.

Atlanta is easy. Get on 20 heading east. Fast lane with traffic at 81-82. Guys crowd in small openings and tailgate, apparently wondering why we aren’t all doing 95.

Reactions: UncleMark
Atlanta is easy. Get on 20 heading east. Fast lane with traffic at 81-82. Guys crowd in small openings and tailgate, apparently wondering why we aren’t all doing 95.
So long as there's no snow. I remember in 1988 it snowed maybe 4". I went to work in my low to the ground Mazda RX7. I got to work early as there was nobody on the road. A couple of SVPs showed up, wanting to show off their SUVs with AWD. They wanted to know what I was doing there. "Working," I said, like it was a normal day. (It was for me.) They said "get outta here." So I did.

They trip on the northside of 285 was just that - a trip. One motherf . . . came up behind me doing about 70 mph - I was doing maybe 45 - and he fishtailed his car - a late model Camaro - into a wall. I made it home in about 45 minutes. Nobody else was on the road.

The point of this story is that some folks in the ATL think that to get better traction they need to press on the accelerator.

Last edited:
So long as there's no snow. I remember in 1988 it snowed maybe 4". I went to work in my low to the ground Mazda RX7. I got to work early as there was nobody on the road. A couple of SVPs showed up, wanting to show off their SUVs with AWD. They wanted to know what I was doing there. "Working," I said, like it was a normal day. (It was for me.) They said "get outta here." So I did.

They trip on the northside of 285 was just that - a trip. One motherf . . . . came up behind me doing about 70 mph - I was doing maybe 45 - and he fishtailed his car - a late model Camaro - into a wall. I made it home in about 45 minutes. Nobody else was on the road.
One of those: Ah, so there is justice.

Rather like passing the guy stopped by the trooper about ten miles after the perp was making multiple dangerous lane changes and speeding off at 90+. Makes you want to stop and and do something adult like yelling a profanity and giving the trooper a donut.

How many US Citizens died in the Summer of Love Riots ?
Got any links to support your claims? I'm especially interested in the claim of 20 murders? You know when Boogie Boys assasinate LEOs that is not BLM protestors killing cops, right?

The Guardian in an Oct 31 2020 report cited the amount of people who died as a result of political unrest in 2020 as 25. Of those 25, 11 were actual protestors (9 BLM protestors and 2 pro-Trump protestors.) IIRC the two pro-Trumpers were members of far right groups like Patriot Prayer clashing with members of Portland/Seattle Antifa factions. Of course the fighting between Antifa and far right groups in the NW preceeded George Floyd, including the Cider Riot of May 1, 2019...

The other 14 people who died were described as being victims of political unrest not connected to BLM demonstrations or pro-Trump counter demonstrations. Since only 11 people died either taking part in BLM or pro-Trump protests, it doesn't seem particularly accurate to claim that BLM protestors were responsible for 20 "murders".

Both politifact and the Guardian debunked a large portion of the claims you made. That's why I'm interested in your links, since according to Politifact neither the FBI or DOJ provided numbers tht match what you posted. The DOJ did report 700 assaults on LEOs, but that's a pretty substantial amont less than the 2000+ you claimed...

Btw, according to FBI statistics, hate crimes were a far more substantial source of violence in 2020 than BLM protests...

"Victims of Hate Crime Incidents

• There were 8,052 single-bias incidents involving 11,126 victims. A percent distribution of victims by bias type shows that 61.8% of victims were targeted because of the offenders’ race/ethnicity/ancestry bias, 20.0% were victimized because of the offenders’ sexual-orientation bias, 13.3% were targeted because of the offenders’ religious bias, 2.7% were targeted because of the offenders’ gender identity bias, 1.4% were victimized because of the offenders’ disability bias, and 0.7% were victimized because of the offenders’ gender bias.
  • There were 211 multiple-bias hate crime incidents that involved 346 victims."

Yes it was an assault on 150+ Federal Buildings plus regular citizens. But hey they were peaceful protests weren't they ?
So not at the same level as January 6. I agree.

Your attempted equivalency falls flat on its face. I get it.

Be afraid, Be very afraid

Be afraid, Be very afraid
With John Floyd on the other side of the Georgia case, I would be. I asked CO about his opinion regarding whether a grand jury indictment has any bearing on the prosecutorial misconduct he alleges, even assuming that the prosecutorial misconduct is proved (which isn't the case, to my knowledge). Haven't heard anything from him.

Looks to me that they admitted that Jan. 6 was a coup. Or "coo" as your brother would say.

Are y'all on different sides of this? Seems like you might be able to differentiate between the Boston Tea Party and Jan. 6, whereas your brother does not.
Yes, he does. He despises Trump and refuses to participate in the debate, thinking that any talk of Trump hurts the party.

Two wrongs don't make a right stollcpa. Grievance politics is a long term looser.
Yet, here you are taking about something that happened 4 years, which the Democrats have grieved about since it happened.

They’ll also continue to grieve about up until November. The reality is grievance politics is a great strategy and one Democrats have mastered. The summer of love was much worst.

Burning and looting police stations, government buildings and businesses was an assault on our country. Just as bad or worse than walking through the capital building.
Walking through? Do you need a reminder what really happened with all the tourists?

Yet, here you are taking about something that happened 4 years, which the Democrats have grieved about since it happened.

They’ll also continue to grieve about up until November. The reality is grievance politics is a great strategy and one Democrats have mastered. The summer of love was much worst.
That's your opinion.

Also, Trump is the presumptive nominee of the GOP. That's not 4 years ago, that's today.

That's your opinion.

Also, Trump is the presumptive nominee of the GOP. That's not 4 years ago, that's today.
It’s my opinion based on the facts that it lasted weeks instead of a few hours. Caused several dozens death, happened in numerous cities, caused billions of dollars in damage, and literally disrupted the lives of millions of people.

It’s my opinion based on the facts that it lasted weeks instead of a few hours. Caused several dozens death, happened in numerous cities, caused billions of dollars in damage, and literally disrupted the lives of millions of people.

Hypocrisy on both sides doesn’t mean Jan 6 wasn’t real or significant . I’m all for dumping the Dems who wouldn’t condemn the riots. Vote em out . I’m also for continuing to prosecute the assholes who broke into the capitol and the top asshole who sent them there to kill Mike Pence.

Feels like an easy stance to take…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT