ADVERTISEMENT

New Beatles Song

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
I know we have a music thread, but I thought this would get lost there and deserved its own topic.

What's everyone thinking about the new Beatles Song? I think it's fine, but it didn't blow me away. It seems like there are a lot of people saying they got very emotional listening to it. I also saw that Peter Jackson said with the new AI technology he helped pioneer with that Get Back documentary, there is a possibility of turning other demos into songs. I kind of hope they don't do that, but I won't be surprised if they did.

Any way, here it is:

Reactions: BradStevens
I know we have a music thread, but I thought this would get lost there and deserved its own topic.

What's everyone thinking about the new Beatles Song? I think it's fine, but it didn't blow me away. It seems like there are a lot of people saying they got very emotional listening to it. I also saw that Peter Jackson said with the new AI technology he helped pioneer with that Get Back documentary, there is a possibility of turning other demos into songs. I kind of hope they don't do that, but I won't be surprised if they did.

Any way, here it is:

Pretty bland. Wouldn’t get the band a second look today.

I hope they don’t do this to the Stones and the Allman Brothers.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Pretty bland. Wouldn’t get the band a second look today.

I hope they don’t do this to the Stones and the Allman Brothers.
My guess is that they'll do this with any number of bands that have had members - especially singers - pass away prematurely.

I fully expect some demos from bands like Nirvana and Queen to pop up and get the AI treatment with surviving band members filling in the gaps.

Reactions: BradStevens
My guess is that they'll do this with any number of bands that have had members - especially singers - pass away prematurely.

I fully expect some demos from bands like Nirvana and Queen to pop up and get the AI treatment with surviving band members filling in the gaps.
giphy.gif

It’s dreadful. If this came up on a Spotify playlist & no one knew it was the Beatles, you’d hit skip after 10 seconds. Before someone calls me a hater, I took a 3 credit class on the Beatles…

Drummers say “Hi”- Keith Moon, John Bonham, Neal Peart, and Taylor Hawkins for starters

Siderail:
What is the best album, even song written by someone over 40?
I would say Petty's Wildflowers......what happens after age 35 where your song writing sucks?

Drummers say “Hi”- Keith Moon, John Bonham, Neal Peart, and Taylor Hawkins for starters
The Who, Page and Plant and even the Foo Fighters have played - some of have toured with other drummers since all those guys passed.

I think the voice is a lot of times the most iconic thing about iconic bands. That's why Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are still the Rolling Stones, even though they're the only two original band members.

River of Dreams by Billy Joel at age 44. Sort of his last hurrah, though, of new music

I like much of Prince's post-40 work. Ditto Tom Petty.

I love Mellencamp but you'd have to say he's dropped off a bunch after age 40, Bruce also.

Tina Turner's return to pop superstardom with Private Dancer was at age 45.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
River of Dreams by Billy Joel at age 44. Sort of his last hurrah, though, of new music

I like much of Prince's post-40 work. Ditto Tom Petty.

I love Mellencamp but you'd have to say he's dropped off a bunch after age 40, Bruce also.

Tina Turner's return to pop superstardom with Private Dancer was at age 45.
All the Traveling Wilburys stuff happened when those guys were in their 40s and 50s. The Stones had some decent albums in the 80s and 90s; that's when they were in their 40s and 50s. Eric Clapton had a resurgence in the 1990s with that Unplugged album, which was very good.

Funny story I thought about while driving today. I have friends that built a vacation house in Florida a couple of years ago & offered us to use it, which we haven’t yet, but to say they are not much interested in music is an understatement. As we were discussing their property & the area, they mentioned that there was a cool old lady that teaches yoga or something that livesnext door them. Knowing I am a music fan, they said she even knew the Beatles & went to India with them many years ago. I asked her name, they said it is Prudence (Farrow) Burns. Yes, that Prudence…they had no Clue.🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT