ADVERTISEMENT

NAACP reaction to Rittenhouse verdict

I’m saying the high velocity round is an extremely dangerous product, especially in the hands of inexperienced individuals.

I’ve said for years that we should repeal gun industry immunity and have the gun industry decide if the unrestricted production and sale of these products is worth the financial risk.

The opioid producers have been nailed for billions for the same crap. But they don’t have immunity.

And where did I ever argue about that? I just said the Mini 14 and AR-15 used the same ammo, and that the AR wasn't any more dangerous that the Mini. I didn't say the Mini wasn't a dangerous weapon. I said the AR wasn't any more of an "assault weapon" by capabilities than the Mini.

What are you talking about now? The 5.56 NATO round is only slightly different. My gun shop guy shoots them interchangeably.
You're either out of your depth here or confused by terminology or perhaps both.

There isn't any added lethality from a round coming out of an AR vs. that same round coming out of any other rifle in that chambering.

You're either out of your depth here or confused by terminology or perhaps both.

There isn't any added lethality from a round coming out of an AR vs. that same round coming out of any other rifle in that chambering.
A more relevant argument would be the lethality between styles(.223 hollow vs .556 red tip vs green tip) grain size. Etc….

Reactions: hookyIU1990

I just checked the muzzle velocity of the Mini Ruger 14 vs AR-15. The AR specs at 3300 FPS, and the Mini Ruger at 3240 FPS. So that's the same as well. I stand by my original (and only) point: They are functionally the same rifle. The AR has the tactical tinker-toy aspect to it which appeals to crazy soldier wannabes, but so far as being a lethal weapon it's the same.

I just checked the muzzle velocity of the Mini Ruger 14 vs AR-15. The AR specs at 3300 FPS, and the Mini Ruger at 3240 FPS. So that's the same as well. I stand by my original (and only) point: They are functionally the same rifle. The AR has the tactical tinker-toy aspect to it which appeals to crazy soldier wannabes, but so far as being a lethal weapon it's the same.
Operator notwithstanding. The A Team never hit anyone that they were shooting at.

1LnRscu.jpg

I need to laugh about all this or I'll be in a foul mood.

Agreed so what? I said from the start of this discussion the point is all about the ammo more than the gun.

If they steel $5,000 worth of goods, but no individual exceeds the misdemeanor limit, can the whole group be charged with a felony? Seems like the smash and grab gangs think they found a loophole.
Illinois felony is only $500. The purses here are worth triple that so it can't be a way to avoid felonies.

I was in Portland this summer and it’s the same cool city it’s always been. Idiots like you see a few videos and salacious headlines are fall hook line and sinker. It’s hilarious actually.

I get you probably are not into the cities general politics which is completely fine, but riding that media train makes you look like a fool.
It's turned to shit, if you believe your eyes.

I doubt you've ever left Indiana. No one who has could be as ignorant about the world as you are.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Sandman: “I set the record for a media defamation settlement”

Rittenhouse: “Hold my beer”.
I watched about 15 minutes of his interview last night. Kid would be better off hiding out; but maybe his people thought he needed to get out and make a statement, or maybe he's getting paid, who knows. The yucky part is that people died and while I agree it was self defense he didn't seem too sad or remorseful about the deaths. Again we're not with him 24/7 but it's still not a good look.

Sounds like he will be suing Biden. He even made a remark that Biden should understand the facts before he makes a statement. Biden has a habit of this garbage. I hope KR takes him to the cleaners. The rush to judgment from these politicians is awful

I watched about 15 minutes of his interview last night. Kid would be better off hiding out; but maybe his people thought he needed to get out and make a statement, or maybe he's getting paid, who knows. The yucky part is that people died and while I agree it was self defense he didn't seem too sad or remorseful about the deaths. Again we're not with him 24/7 but it's still not a good look.

Sounds like he will be suing Biden. He even made a remark that Biden should understand the facts before he makes a statement. Biden has a habit of this garbage. I hope KR takes him to the cleaners. The rush to judgment from these politicians is awful
The best work Mark Richards did in the case was schooling Rittenhouse in what to say and how to say it. I don’t think the kid hurt himself with that interview. What he said about Lin Wood was cringeworthy and itself might be defamation. He was very coy about the coming civil actions and gave the impression that he has a solid legal team working on that. He is well schooled there too.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The best work Mark Richards did in the case was schooling Rittenhouse in what to say and how to say it. I don’t think the kid hurt himself with that interview. What he said about Lin Wood was cringeworthy and itself might be defamation. He was very coy about the coming civil actions and gave the impression that he has a solid legal team working on that. He is well schooled there too.
I think that kid is going to get paid

Indeed. The damages and the number of defendants is still accumulating post trial. The media has made him into the poster-boy for white supremacy, that is worth millions.
And I hope it is all very public. broadcasting statements before having the benefit of facts has to stop. The rush to judgment is no good. He's going to be a rich kid.

I doubt you've ever left Indiana. No one who has could be as ignorant about the world as you are.

It's like the guy on here that keeps saying everything is just great in Chicago, 'nothing to see here', even though 3-4 University of Chicago students have been shot down outside the gates of the university in the last year.

Reactions: DANC
It's like the guy on here that keeps saying everything is just great in Chicago, 'nothing to see here', even though 3-4 University of Chicago students have been shot down outside the gates of the university in the last year.

And look at the response of the Leftists at the University---shows that very intelligent people can still be idiots.....something we all know from the Leftists on this board.

I’ve been to around 20 countries on 5 continents over the past 6 or so years so try again.

Considering we’ve debated Chicago violence ad nauseam because I’ve lived there for 15 years makes you have a bad memory or you’re simply a dumbass. My assertion is the latter.

I go back to IN for two holidays and Assembly Hall occasionally.

I’ve been to around 20 countries on 5 continents over the past 6 or so years so try again.

Considering we’ve debated Chicago violence ad nauseam because I’ve lived there for 15 years makes you have a bad memory or you’re simply a dumbass. My assertion is the latter.
How many years have you lived in Portland?

Yep, that's Vid! But he lives there, so he knows.....

How many times have you been west of the Mississippi?
Too many to count, junior.

Oh, but you're an expert on Portland because you visited there once.

Yeah, you continue prove you're clueless.

And look at the response of the Leftists at the University---shows that very intelligent people can still be idiots.....something we all know from the Leftists on this board.

What’s the closest major city to you? Indy? Homicide rate per capita is higher than Chicago currently. Maybe focus on your own backyard.

All violence is terrible.

Too many to count, junior.

Oh, but you're an expert on Portland because you visited there once.

Yeah, you continue prove you're clueless.
And you are expert because you read FOX news? I know people that live there and they laugh at idiots like you.

What’s the closest major city to you? Indy? Homicide rate per capita is higher than Chicago currently. Maybe focus on your own backyard.

All violence is terrible.
I live in Charlotte, dumbass.

Maybe stop being an idiot.

And you are expert because you read FOX news? I know people that live there and they laugh at idiots like you.
Oh, you know people who live there! Well, that makes you a double expert!

Don't believe your eyes when you see those burned out buildings - they're just a mirage.

Hyde Park is definitely close proximity to a lot of bad areas, but the area around the University has always been comparatively safe. Really tragic stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT