ADVERTISEMENT

My daughter is taking her driving test right now

I’ve probably told this story here before. But my dad was teaching me how to drive a bit before drivers Ed. I was very social and very proud of myself driving. We’d drive around town and I’d take my hands off the wheel waving at everyone, and of course, drive off the road. He finally gave up and drove us to a town where I didn’t know anyone to practice.

Imagine if they were your sons instead.

A good friend with a blended family is paying more each month for car insurance than his mortgage right now. His son will begin driving soon. 2 boys and 4 girls, all between the ages of 16 and 22, all in high school and college. Between car insurance and tuition, I don't know how they afford groceries and electricity.
Somebody buy this poor chap some freakin rubbers !!! GET UP OFF HER(s) !!

• Love
Reactions: DANC
I’ve probably told this story here before. But my dad was teaching me how to drive a bit before drivers Ed. I was very social and very proud of myself driving. We’d drive around town and I’d take my hands off the wheel waving at everyone, and of course, drive off the road. He finally gave up and drove us to a town where I didn’t know anyone to practice.

I had Drivers Ed provided by the high school. After that classwork portion was over we had three students and a teacher per car. We drew the health teacher who happened to be 6' 10" and in his 60's (bench seats). My other two classmates had the same vehicular background; motorcycles, tractors, combines, farm trucks... We all could drive. He would fall asleep while we drove. Normally we would head for school when we guessed the time and distance would be about right. One outing we decided to see how far we could go before he woke up. I'm proud to say I made it to Convoy Ohio before he woke up. We were supposed to be back in five minutes, but were an hour away.

Pre cellphones. DOH!!!!!

I want to be Forrest, just live, no worries, just go do things. Everything would feel simpler, with a very simple level of needs. ehhhhhhhh. To wake up every day and start the day with a joyful exhale.

OHHHH that is why I have a place in Bama, just around the corner form Bayou La Batre. Shrimpin capital of the world.
AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reactions: mcmurtry66 and DANC
She brought 3 to go with his 3. Brady Bunch situation.
I know but was trying to have some fun with it.
Being a step dad is some tough tough shit to pull off. It really shouldn't be, but damn. IT's tough. Anyone that is successful, I tip my hat and admit that they are a better man then me (which isn't a really high bar).
I'll pour one out for a successfully bonded step dad. You all rock !!

Reactions: hookyIU1990

A good friend with a blended family is paying more each month for car insurance than his mortgage right now. His son will begin driving soon. 2 boys and 4 girls, all between the ages of 16 and 22, all in high school and college. Between car insurance and tuition, I don't know how they afford groceries and electricity.
I hope he owns a hedge fund.

6 kids in 6 years? His poor wife......

He should have kept it in his pants a few times.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Oh, you are going to be so cut off......
Water is wet....

Mountain side compound on the white sand beach in Bama baby ! !! Life is good.
It's not a me problem, it's a them problem to solve for themselves.

Reactions: DANC
I want to be Forrest, just live, no worries, just go do things. Everything would feel simpler, with a very simple level of needs. ehhhhhhhh. To wake up every day and start the day with a joyful exhale.

OHHHH that is why I have a place in Bama, just around the corner form Bayou La Batre. Shrimpin capital of the world.
AHHHHHHHHHHHH
You are describing life on the mountain, my friend. Every day will be like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT