ADVERTISEMENT

Angel Reese, LSU basketball player

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
is typical of what's wrong with America. I don't know how to link articles, or I would. but those who don't know the backstory they beat Clark and Iowa in the national finals last year, and she was getting in Clark's face making hand gestures and talking trash to her. which is all good i guess in modern basketball for some reason? of course, the black community came to her defense, and Reese parlayed her new fame into big NIL deals. even appeared in the sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.

they lost last night and now she complains of racism, being sexualized. even receiving death threats. I call bullshit no one outside of Baton Rouge would even know who the hell she was if it wasn't for her actions. she profited bigly off of those actions. now she wants to cry how she's so unhappy and misunderstood. not everything is racism if someone doesn't like you.

is typical of what's wrong with America. I don't know how to link articles, or I would. but those who don't know the backstory they beat Clark and Iowa in the national finals last year, and she was getting in Clark's face making hand gestures and talking trash to her. which is all good i guess in modern basketball for some reason? of course, the black community came to her defense, and Reese parlayed her new fame into big NIL deals. even appeared in the sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.

they lost last night and now she complains of racism, being sexualized. even receiving death threats. I call bullshit no one outside of Baton Rouge would even know who the hell she was if it wasn't for her actions. she profited bigly off of those actions. now she wants to cry how she's so unhappy and misunderstood. not everything is racism if someone doesn't like you.
Anything in a 2-piece?

All I know is that game was hard to watch. Soooooo many missed shots under the basket.

Reactions: UncleMark

She and her coach both have the b**** vibe going, imo. If you don't want to be called a b****, don't be a b****.

....now she complains of racism, being sexualized. even receiving death threats. I call bullshit...
Did you even hear about the LA Times article on LSU women's basketball over the weekend that was so overtly racist and sexist that much of it was retracted within 24 hrs?

In the original version the LA Times writer referred to the players as "basketball villains" and “dirty debutantes.” He also called the Tigers divisive and America’s most polarizing team. He contrasted LSU and UCLA: “Do you prefer the team that wants to grow women’s basketball or the one seemingly hellbent on dividing it?” His message was clear: good vs. evil, UCLA vs. LSU. He reiterated longstanding racist tropes about Black people being thuggish, bullying, misbehaving; and somehow a threat to innocent, defenseless white women everywhere. He didn't quite call them "nappy-headed Hos" like Don Imus did years ago to the Rutgers team and got fired for it, but it wasn't a whole lot better. He is lucky to still have a job, and probably only does because he quickly apologized:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/o...haracterizing-lsu-players-as-dirty-debutantes

Reactions: zeke4ahs

Oh nonsense. She’s one of the best basketball players in the country. Anyone who follows women knows who she is. I think when you get texts calling to be hung and using the N word, you can probably assume it is racism.

"Saturday Down South"...one of the sites I follow, had a story about Iowa beating LSU.

Typically, in SDS comments, the SEC fans band together to support the SEC team against non-SEC teams (especially against B10 foes). In this case, other than a couple "Well, we still have S Carolina", most of the posts were anti-this-LSU-team.

Caught me off guard. First time I've seen it on an SEC site.

Reactions: DANC
Oh nonsense. She’s one of the best basketball players in the country. Anyone who follows women knows who she is. I think when you get texts calling to be hung and using the N word, you can probably assume it is racism.
miniscule part of the population follows women's basketball. if a few dumbasses are racist towards her does that make all of America that way, do you think Clark catches some hate?

She is a trash talker, most male players are so I'm not sure why that matters. Most of us older guys loved Bird, he was supposedly an all-time great trash-talker.

I don't like it when it is so visible, but one of the things she was "in trouble" for against Iowa last year was the exact same thing Clark did the week before.

She admits to growing up in the "hood" and there is a lot of talk in their games. But when I've heard her speak after a game, she seems to answer things well. I haven't seen it carry over.

But I get that people don't like that. I don't like Clark's flops and whines, but again a lot of male players do that too. On both, are we holding the women to higher standards than the men?

Now the LSU coach is just someone who desperately wants all the attention she can get.

I saw a great quote on an IU Women's basketball page last night, "I don't always cheer for Iowa, but when I do they are playing LSU."

If a few dumbasses are racist towards her does that make all of America that way
where did she say that all of America is racist?

Didn't she merely say what you said, that some people, clearly a few dumbasses (maybe people a lot like you) were racist toward her?

"Saturday Down South"...one of the sites I follow, had a story about Iowa beating LSU.

Typically, in SDS comments, the SEC fans band together to support the SEC team against non-SEC teams (especially against B10 foes). In this case, other than a couple "Well, we still have S Carolina", most of the posts were anti-this-LSU-team.

Caught me off guard. First time I've seen it on an SEC site.
Kim Mulkey is not very well liked either.

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
miniscule part of the population follows women's basketball. if a few dumbasses are racist towards her does that make all of America that way, do you think Clark catches some hate?
Did she say All of America was racist? I missed that. Yes Caitlin gets hate too, for her behavior also. The notoriety comes with hate too. There’s a thread on the basketball page about Caitlin looking like a man. The women have to deal not only with racism but also sexism.

Hard to watch?…
I thought so. Particularly LSU missing bunny after bunny down low.

Clark was bombing 3s, so that was exciting, she's got talent. But she got a little overzealous in the 3rd launching at least one from the logo.

Overall, the women's games I watch have a lot of silly miscues & turnovers. It's not just a women's issue though. I felt the same way when Bama played Grand Canyon in the men's tourney. So sloppy on both sides, hard to watch.

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
I thought so. Particularly LSU missing bunny after bunny down low.

Clark was bombing 3s, so that was exciting, she's got talent. But she got a little overzealous in the 3rd launching at least one from the logo.

Overall, the women's games I watch have a lot of silly miscues & turnovers. It's not just a women's issue though. I felt the same way when Bama played Grand Canyon in the men's tourney. So sloppy on both sides, hard to watch.
Interesting. I thought it was an exciting game.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
She is a trash talker, most male players are so I'm not sure why that matters. Most of us older guys loved Bird, he was supposedly an all-time great trash-talker.

I don't like it when it is so visible, but one of the things she was "in trouble" for against Iowa last year was the exact same thing Clark did the week before.

She admits to growing up in the "hood" and there is a lot of talk in their games. But when I've heard her speak after a game, she seems to answer things well. I haven't seen it carry over.

But I get that people don't like that. I don't like Clark's flops and whines, but again a lot of male players do that too. On both, are we holding the women to higher standards than the men?

Now the LSU coach is just someone who desperately wants all the attention she can get.

I saw a great quote on an IU Women's basketball page last night, "I don't always cheer for Iowa, but when I do they are playing LSU."

Her entire interview was about her not her team not anything it was "I" all the way. When she opened her mouth and said "When I won the national championship" I knew she full was of shit and it was all about "Angel".

Mulky is just a complete joke and probably the easiest person to root against in sports right now.

All I know is that game was hard to watch. Soooooo many missed shots under the basket.
Just had a conversation with a lady at work who's daughter plays both softball and basketball (the little girl is 12 or 13) and it was a consensus that watching women's softball is much more appealing and that basketball is just below the rim action. I asked her if she watched last nights game with her daughter and she said she didn't even know they played.

Last edited:
Just had a conversation with a lady at work who's daughter plays both softball and basketball (the little girl is 12 or 13) and it was a consensus that watching women's softball is much more appealing and that basketball is just blow the rim action. I asked her if she watched last nights game with her daughter and she said she didn't even know they played.
4f6d0c91-f704-49a1-b714-75601d7eb19b_text.gif

LSU was:
34-88 from the floor (38.6%)
8-24 from Three (33.3%)
Uh-huh.

If you're one of those guys who can only enjoy makes, you should just watch this year's NBA All-Star game on repeat. Nobody stopped anybody from making anything. Electrifying. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile Caitlin Clark is the female version of LeBron. Just complains non stop on the court.

They all suck. Not sure what the appeal is here.
She should have been called for flopping a couple of times. Does she have her own shoe deal yet? Has ANY female basket ball player EVER had a shoe deal? Her shoes would take off IMHO.

Just had a conversation with a lady at work who's daughter plays both softball and basketball (the little girl is 12 or 13) and it was a consensus that watching women's softball is much more appealing and that basketball is just blow the rim action. I asked her if she watched last nights game with her daughter and she said she didn't even know they played.
Well she doesn’t know much then does she? Guarantee the women’s tourney is breaking all kinds of records this year. I think it was Shaw who said it was much more compelling than the men’s. Softball? Seriously?

She should have been called for flopping a couple of times. Does she have her own shoe deal yet? Has ANY female basket ball player EVER had a shoe deal? Her shoes would take off IMHO.
She does, includes flip FLOPS and pumps.

Her entire interview was about her not her team not anything it was "I" all the way. When she opened her mouth and said "When I won the national championship" I knew she full was of shit and it was all about "Angel".

Mulky is just a complete joke and probably the easiest person to root against in sports right now.

She is a very unselfish player, as is Caitlin. Mulkey is a lot like Bob Knight. Great coach, lots of people don’t like them.

She is a very unselfish player, as is Caitlin. Mulkey is a lot like Bob Knight. Great coach, lots of people don’t like them.
Where does it say that a player has to like their coach? The coach is there to get as much out of you by instructing on how you can get better and what you are doing wrong. Seth Greenburg said he sat in on UConn's practice and film session. He said Coach Hurley was ripping players like crazy as they are watching film. Afterwards the players are all hugging him. Nobody wants to get ripped unless they realize that getting ripped makes you get better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT