ADVERTISEMENT

Movies, books, tv

Finally caught up on Shogun. It appears to be ending strongly. Last week was especially good.
And that ending...I dunno, man. Lots of good press, but I was underwhelmed. I felt like they were trying to set themselves up to sell a second season more than they were trying to properly end the first one. And the flash forward stuff was too clever by half.

And that ending...I dunno, man. Lots of good press, but I was underwhelmed. I felt like they were trying to set themselves up to sell a second season more than they were trying to properly end the first one. And the flash forward stuff was too clever by half.
I thought the flash forward stuff signaled no sequel. But that part was pretty useless. I liked the last few scenes.

Toranaga is a very ambiguous character.

First episode of Fallout is awesome!
I watched it the other night and it was absolutely bonkers. The wedding scene was insane.

The only thing I knew about the shoe going in other than it being about civilization 200+ years after a nuclear war and people coming out of shelters for the first time. Figured it would be similar to Silo. Boy, was I wrong. Love Walton Goggins, and he seems like a natural fit for his role (though I'm only shortly into episode 2 so I'm still not entirely sure what he is).

Reactions: BradStevens
I watched it the other night and it was absolutely bonkers. The wedding scene was insane.

The only thing I knew about the shoe going in other than it being about civilization 200+ years after a nuclear war and people coming out of shelters for the first time. Figured it would be similar to Silo. Boy, was I wrong. Love Walton Goggins, and he seems like a natural fit for his role (though I'm only shortly into episode 2 so I'm still not entirely sure what he is).
I’m almost done with the season and I think every episode is interesting. Really well done.

Reactions: Noodle

Keep watching. It’s a fun show and Goggins does not disappoint.

Watching Slow Horses on Apple now. It’s been great so far (early in season 2). Gary Oldman is one of my favorite character actors and he is brilliant in the show.
This is like watching a long form version of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

OK, I'm watching that next.
Everything Oldman does is first rate.

Even this character was great.

0BW6KDq.gif

Reactions: BradStevens
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT