ADVERTISEMENT

Mitt Romney

Those are damn fine goals. Get them laminated on cards so they’ll always have them readily available.

“Future cash flow depends on this.”
I was talking to a few of the dads and they said they have a bunch they fill out weekly too. Made me feel better. I guess it’s like trench warfare up there

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
I was talking to a few of the dads and they said they have a bunch they fill out weekly too. Made me feel better. I guess it’s like trench warfare up there
With social media today, I don’t envy any parent trying to guide young kids. That may be the toughest job there can ever be, at the risk of so many outside factors that are overwhelming.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
With social media today, I don’t envy any parent trying to guide young kids. That may be the toughest job there can ever be, at the risk of so many outside factors that are overwhelming.
It’s so bad. I have no idea what apps my daughter is on. Her mom says she monitors but I have no idea. Her last report card was straight As and one B+ and she’s an incredibly sweet girl. I grew up with two of her teachers and one is actually one of my closest friends so I keep tabs on her that way. But the reality is she is very social and very outgoing and the type that will be a red cup mess so I do indeed worry that we are in the calm before the storm. And she plays no sports and has zero hobbies. Social shit is her everything

It’s so bad. I have no idea what apps my daughter is on. Her mom says she monitors but I have no idea. Her last report card was straight As and one B+ and she’s an incredibly sweet girl. I grew up with two of her teachers and one is actually one of my closest friends so I keep tabs on her that way. But the reality is she is very social and very outgoing and the type that will be a red cup mess so I do indeed worry that we are in the calm before the storm. And she plays no sports and has zero hobbies. Social shit is her everything
Good luck.

Going after DeSantis (most notably) and other people who are the right flank of the GOP for one, they sound like the old school left on foreign policy for two, and for three there is a smattering of content that reminds me of what is coming out of Harvard w.r.t. this whole issue in Israel as well. That is a start.
I agree with 1 or 2 of those.

I agree with 1 or 2 of those.

And that's fine. Like we are never going to 100% agree on everything but we should be able to articulate a set of principles.

The silly thing is that we would probably have a bunch of agreement between the pro-Trump crowd and the "I don't like Trump" crowd on the right if they weren't so invested on hating on each other. Erasing anything you think about Trump, building an entire movement around the whims of an 80 year old dude is just not a plan for the future. And on the other sticking it to them by siding with the political opposition on certain things isn't building any coalitions either.

Hillary flipping Clinton sounded more rational on foreign policy last week than the Trump crowd and there were a group of establishment representatives who couldn't find it in them to censure a terrorist cheerleader in their body. Both these sides suck.

The silly thing is that we would probably have a bunch of agreement between the pro-Trump crowd and the "I don't like Trump" crowd on the right if they weren't so invested on hating on each other.
i think you would find as much disagreement between those two groups at this point as between either conservative group and dems. i think it bodes poorly for the party's future. and while dbm has lost his mind with conspiracy theories, silly polls, pose, and belief in 80s sitcom stars, he articulated why he supports trump in positions that are legitimate and beyond just adherence to a person. as others have intimated, trump brought life to feelings many held that were simply dormant that do not comport with romney types

And that's fine. Like we are never going to 100% agree on everything but we should be able to articulate a set of principles.

The silly thing is that we would probably have a bunch of agreement between the pro-Trump crowd and the "I don't like Trump" crowd on the right if they weren't so invested on hating on each other. Erasing anything you think about Trump, building an entire movement around the whims of an 80 year old dude is just not a plan for the future. And on the other sticking it to them by siding with the political opposition on certain things isn't building any coalitions either.

Hillary flipping Clinton sounded more rational on foreign policy last week than the Trump crowd and there were a group of establishment representatives who couldn't find it in them to censure a terrorist cheerleader in their body. Both these sides suck.
Both sides absolutely suck. There's no question about that. But that's because 99.99% of politicians are in for themselves, whether that equals money or power or whatever.

The Trump haters are much worse than the pro-Trump crowd, imo. A larger % of Trump haters will not vote for Trump no matter what, than pro-Trumpers that won't vote for another "Republican" candidate. (I recognize I stated this horribly but hopefully you get the gist)

PS I'm not in the pro-Trump crowd even though most consider me to for one reason or another. He totally failed at managing the pandemic in my estimation and he is far from a fiscal conservative. I'd still rather have Trump than any dem being floated as a possibility.

Last edited:
I've never seen it.

Any good?

sheeeeiiittt.gif

Both sides absolutely suck. There's no question about that. But that's because 99.99% of politicians are in for themselves, whether that equals money or power or whatever.

The Trump haters are much worse than the pro-Trump crowd, imo. A larger % of Trump haters will not vote for Trump no matter what, than pro-Trumpers that won't vote for another "Republican" candidate. (I recognize I stated this horrible but hopefully you get the gist)

PS I'm not in the pro-Trump crowd even though most consider me to for one reason or another. He totally failed at managing the pandemic in my estimation and he is far from a fiscal conservative. I'd still rather have Trump than any dem being floated as a possibility.
romney got 60 mil votes. trump 75 mil. some trump voters hate the system. they think the gov sucks. irs sucks. takes care of fat cats and just gets the little guy. same for banks. banks don't give those people who need loans a loan. on an on. the system is full of cheats. so if trump is flawed so what. he's the only one out to buck the system. and every time he gets indicted it just galvanizes this group. that's why i trust in part his indictments have done little to elevate his opponents. unless he's literally thrown behind bars convictions won't dissuade anyone. he'll be the nominee. and even smart guys get turned into idiots when trump runs. desantis is trapped in his bootheel

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Good luck.
He’s ****ed.

At least she’s smart. Although sometimes that means bigger trouble.

Probably screwed.

Wait til some boy shows up with flowers and a thank you card.

Last edited:
$8,000 I paid for my daughter’s braces. And dental coverage is worthless
As you point out, there are many other examples of the high cost of healthcare for commonplace health issues.

And, I fully agree about the worthlessness of dental insurance. I couldn't find a plan that predictably paid benefits amounting to much more than the cost of two cleanings in a year.. And, while they all claimed to cover crowns and implants they all seemed to have a two-year waiting period plus a hefty copay for that (like people can wait two years to eat).

i think you would find as much disagreement between those two groups at this point as between either conservative group and dems. i think it bodes poorly for the party's future. and while dbm has lost his mind with conspiracy theories, silly polls, pose, and belief in 80s sitcom stars, he articulated why he supports trump in positions that are legitimate and beyond just adherence to a person. as others have intimated, trump brought life to feelings many held that were simply dormant that do not comport with romney types
None of Trump's "positions" matter without some indication that he intends to develop the political skills necessary to get them enacted.

Making shit up is not the same as making shit happen.
_108619343_hi056250355.jpg

I watched a Netflix doc on his 2012 run. Very handsome man. Was 65 then. Dream Team I know we knife him as a RINO but the things he supported then are the things we like. I ended the video with mixed feelings. Seemed like a very nice guy. Even funny. And again generally supports what I support. Lots of good stuff. The things he predicted coming down the pike describe Biden’s presidency to the letter. What was yucky was that you just got the vibe that he wanted the position. That getting the position, getting elected, was priority one above all things. Not serving. Not be informed. Etc. Very elite and not relatable and not what we avg joes would want in a rep. And I suspect that is true on both sides with high end politicians. We are not their top concern. Their sating their career desires is their top concern
He would have been very good president. He didn’t fight back against Obama.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
None of Trump's "positions" matter without some indication that he intends to develop the political skills necessary to get them enacted.

**** off with your bs. You elected a clown that has made everyone’s lives harder. You have zero room to talk. Understand?

Reactions: DANC

You elected a guy who can barely talk. A Fing cadaver. A guy who has contributed to making all of our lives more expensive and more difficult. A guy who is a total failure with respect to both foreign and domestic policy. The world was an infinitely better place during trump’s tenure. Come posting your bs. You never fail to be a moron.

• Love

After the last three years I mean how god damn stupid are you?

Political skills? Biden is on a script. Have you followed him on his “speeches?” The guy is on a leash with a strict script that he has to adhere to. He’s not speaking for himself. It’s comical at this point. You think Biden has political skills? I’d be shocked if he picks his own flavor of pudding at this station. No wonder no one wanted to meet with him in the mid east. What’s the point.

**** off with your bs. You elected a clown that has made everyone’s lives harder. You have zero room to talk. Understand?
None of that is true. It's just another personal attack of yours because, once again, you can't think of anything substantive to say.

None of that is true. It's just another personal attack of yours because, once again, you can't think of anything substantive to say.
Of course it is true. You’re just too stupid to get out of your partisan feed. Biden absolutely contributed to inflation AND has no clue how to remedy same. How he contributed to inflation is well and long established. Turn off msnbc and get a tutor. No different than foreign policy. He has no idea what to do. The progressive crazies throwing a fit so now he has to temper his pro Israel stance. He’s an empty suit.

Biden and the progressives have been a match made in hell

You elected a guy who can barely talk. A Fing cadaver. A guy who has contributed to making all of our lives more expensive and more difficult. A guy who is a total failure with respect to both foreign and domestic policy. The world was an infinitely better place during trump’s tenure. Come posting your bs. You never fail to be a moron.
YAWN.

Nothing to see here. Just another McMurtry personal attack.

Looks like he's probably just using the training he received from one of his many college degrees he told us about recently or, more likely, losing his mind dealing with family issues tonight. Hope he's doing OK.

YAWN.

Nothing to see here. Just another McMurtry personal attack.

Looks like he's probably just using the training he received from one of his many college degrees he told us about recently or, more likely, losing his mind dealing with family issues tonight. Hope he's doing OK.
No stupid. You are amongst a small group of morons stupid enough to support Biden. All of the free cheese after trump’s checks sent the country over the cliff with inflation. Rent stays that were unconstitutional. Loan forbearances. Foreclosure stays. Tax credits changed to monthly checks. Stimulus checks. Unemployment extensions. Ppl not means tested. He overheated the economy. Wake up. The guy is 80 and can barely talk. He’s not doing two hour question sessions. Fool. That’s what you are. A fool who shouldn’t voted. A brainwashed fool.

Everything is more expensive. The American dream is literally a dream. And you think a clown show alphabet soup admin who has the temerity to try to brand it bidenomics has the acumen to get us out of it. Please

Political skills? Biden is on a script. Have you followed him on his “speeches?” The guy is on a leash with a strict script that he has to adhere to. He’s not speaking for himself. It’s comical at this point. You think Biden has political skills? I’d be shocked if he picks his own flavor of pudding at this station. No wonder no one wanted to meet with him in the mid east. What’s the point.
Correction -- you now have responded three times to the same post of mine without noticing.

Have you considered switching to a Consumer Cellular phone from the AARP? I'm told they're easy for senior citizens to use and have big letters/numbers on the keypad. One of those might really help you.

• Haha
Reactions: twenty02
As you point out, there are many other examples of the high cost of healthcare for commonplace health issues.

And, I fully agree about the worthlessness of dental insurance. I couldn't find a plan that predictably paid benefits amounting to much more than the cost of two cleanings in a year.. And, while they all claimed to cover crowns and implants they all seemed to have a two-year waiting period plus a hefty copay for that (like people can wait two years to eat).

Insurance is supposed to be for life events that are unexpected, rare and cost debilitating.

Dental insurance is improperly named.... It should just be called prepaid dental. Just like prepaid legal. Vision "insurance" is the same thing

Trump doesn’t need no political skills. The guy had good instincts and took decisive action.

Dropping a Hellfire Missile on Qasem Soleimani’s head and Trump‘s maximum sanctions had left Quds Force impotent and left Iran facing domestic unrest and significantly reduced its regional influence. Biden inexplicably let Iran get up off the mat. Iran used its considerable Biden oil revenues to not only re-establish its terror network but provide it with even more weapons. Now Biden can’t even say “Iran” in connection with the unspeakable atrocities. If Trump had been re-elected, we wouldn’t have a Mid East war today.

Nope. He is correct Biden has been a disaster. Inflation highest in decades. Living standards decreasing. Crime up, suicides up, ODs ups and the world hasn’t been this unstable since the 80s? 70s?

Not to mention debt levels are the highest since the 40s and government spending has increased and your stupid f#cking party throws temper tantrums when someone tries to trim it some. And we’re running 2 trillion dollar deficits now. How many examples do you need?

Just keep spending and growing the government, it will all work out. Right? Unfortunately, you and your ilk are that dumb and you believe it.

Last edited:
He would have been very good president. He didn’t fight back against Obama.
He would have been president if not for doggie diarrhea and binders full of women.

Push back against that exact lib media-driven garbage got Trump over the hump.

"We want our guy no matter what you say about him."

Reactions: stollcpa
He would have been president if not for doggie diarrhea and binders full of women.

Push back against that exact lib media-driven garbage got Trump over the hump.

"We want our guy no matter what you say about him."
Romney needed Trump aggressive push back against the media and he wins. It’s like he was afraid of being labeled racist if he went back after Obama. And he would have but he should said “ screw it, I am going for his throat”.

Romney needed Trump aggressive push back against the media and he wins. It’s like he was afraid of being labeled racist if he went back after Obama. And he would have but he should said “ screw it, I am going for his throat”.
The skills needed to be a good campaigner are different from the skills need to be a good president. Romney would have been a very good president. The Obama/ Media complex crushed him.

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa
The skills needed to be a good campaigner are different from the skills need to be a good president. Romney would have been a very good president. The Obama/ Media complex crushed him.
Kinda agree, except to ask, How do we know for sure a Mitt or a Hillary would have been a good president ?

Also being either a good or bad presidents can be the result of simply being in office at the right time. Finally, good or bad can be just a matter of opinion.

Kinda agree, except to ask, How do we know for sure a Mitt or a Hillary would have been a good president ?

Also being either a good or bad presidents can be the result of simply being in office at the right time. Finally, good or bad can be just a matter of opinion.
All that is true. In addition, I like presidents, governors etc who have accomplishments outside of being elected or appointed to some office.

I reject a third party as some kind of panacea for our political problems. Canada has a strong and viable third party. The U.K. does as well. Australia, Brazil. People are going batshit at BiBi because he had to build a coalition with parties In the Knesset that are perceived as extremely far right.

It doesn’t solve anything. You end up having to build coalitions with extremists and give them even more power that if they were just congressional back benchers.
But what if one or both of your two parties are the extremists? And the third party is the middle? What then?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT